Excellent Communications Platformhttps://www.trustradius.com/voip8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)Unspecified7.21441012019-05-27T19:41:17.947Z
Updated May 31, 2019
Excellent Communications Platform
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with 8x8 Virtual Office
8x8 is deployed across our entire organization and it helps bridge the communication gap between all of our offices across North America. The mobile applications also enable us to be mobile and continue to stay connected to our business by allowing us to take and make calls on it and not miss a beat.
- We've received excellent support from our account manager, who is always attentive to our needs and always has a suggestion on how to improve our experience.
- The service is always up when we need it and we have never experienced major outages.
- The 8x8 support team is well trained and can give a resolution to most problems on the first contact.
- The fax function on 8x8 Virtual Office Pro is not as reliable as I would expect. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to connect to the destination machine.
- The Virtual Office app for Android will behave differently on different vendor implementations of the system. On Samsung phones running Android 9.0, the phone will ring but it will sometimes not pick up the call when the phone is locked.
- I'd like the ability to switch external phone numbers from one device to another from the 8x8 Account Manager portal rather than to have to go through support to do this.
- It would be nice to have the option to change Virtual Office plans on the fly and add Pro licenses to different extensions.
- The web admin interface is a little clunky and looks outdated. It would look better if it followed the design guidelines that 8x8 uses for the application picker and the Virtual Office Desktop app
- I consider that we get our money's worth out of the platform considering that a large part of our business depends on the use of phones to communicate.
- Part of our business depends on using fax that we have with Virtual Office Pro but this is not worth the cost for this feature alone. The call recording makes Pro worth it since it allows us to monitor what messages we are giving to customers.
- Call reporting and analytics allow us to view which of our employees are productive when their job requires them to stay on the phone with customers.
8x8 is a great solution for any business phone needs, from a single phone line to an entire organization. The virtual meeting rooms are useful as well to conduct meetings with clients or with other members of the staff. The implementation of the mobile apps on Android still needs some work (perhaps more testing against the implementation of different vendor skins for Android). One pitfall of the current implementation is that the 8x8 Account Manager portal is still limited and you have to make certain changes through support or the Account Rep.
8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office) Feature Ratings
Using 8x8 Virtual Office
65 - We have everything from our customer support reps, sales reps and account managers all the way to IT and C-level users on 8x8 Virtual Office.
1 - Most problems simply require a bit of analytical thinking and careful observation. When the problem can't be solved by simply observing it, I find that perseverance is key to solve it since there will probably be a need for a call or chat (I prefer chat) with 8x8 support.
- Internal communication
- Communication with customers
- Call quality metrics
- With the help of an auto-responder and a call queue system we have set up a call center tailored specifically to our support team
- We use 8x8 Virtual Office Analytics to track which support agents are still connected during the night shift
- We use 8x8 Virtual Office to log calls to customers on Salesforce
8x8 Virtual Office Implementation
8x8 Virtual Office Training
I speak for myself and a few other users in our organization when I say that it is very easy to pick up and use in a flash. There is enough support material on the 8x8 knowledge base to learn the basics and work with Virtual Office on a daily basis. I even forward some of 8x8's own materials to new hires to teach them about setting their voicemail greetings and sending faxes.
8x8 Virtual Office Support
The support is more than capable of handling all types of requests. I can rest assured that when I connect via phone or chat, I will get a prompt response and that I will also leave that call or chat with my problem resolved. It is very rare that a case has to be escalated anywhere.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - The support team at 8x8 does a great job at supporting our company. To the best of my knowledge, there is no premium support available for 8x8 but since I do not know if this is true, I am saying that we are not paying for it. Regardless, the support is top notch and I am glad to know that they've got my back.
Whenever I ask for the support team to change the phone numbers of our extensions, I get exceptional support from them. I will ask them if they have a specific area code within their pool of numbers and if they don't they react and find me the closest number to the area code that I am looking for instead of having me look for them.
Using 8x8 Virtual Office
The web interface is easy to navigate and the data that I need is only ever one or two clicks away. When running reports, I don't have to deal with convoluted filters or awkward logic implementations, it just works and it works well. If I had to fault it for something, I would say that the interface is not consistent all over the place; The account manager portal and the Virtual Office portal have two completely different styles.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Yes - The interface works well for the most part (especially on iPhones) though mileage may vary on Android devices due to the inconsistencies of vendor implementations rather than by fault of 8x8 and their application developers. The experience is very fluid on devices like Motorola and Huawei devices but it tends to lag on Samsung devices by a fair amount.
8x8 Virtual Office Reliability
We've had periods where our organization has grown a considerable amount and we have had no issues in scaling our communications with 8x8. The number of possible extensions that we can use is far more than we expect to go through in a very long time. The only complaint that I have is a very minor inconvenience for me where I have to download activation codes for each phone. I would prefer to have the phones automatically activated as soon as they are plugged in.
In the time I have used 8x8 Virtual Office, the core system has been up and running almost flawlessly though we do have a slight performance degradation from time to time as is expected of cloud software. The one recurring issue for us is that the fax connection is not always functional for outbound messages. We usually have to retry three or four times to get the fax to connect reliably to the destination machine. Once connected, it's smooth sailing.
None of the features that are available slow down the application. The reports (even the ones with hundreds of records) complete very quickly and the web interface as well as the mobile application never struggle to load or complete a task. The analytics will sometimes take some time to reflect the online status of users but it is to be expected due to connection speeds.
Integrating 8x8 Virtual Office
The process to integrate with Salesforce was a long one as the documentation was quite extensive. There is also a an older version of the Virtual Office app on the Salesforce AppExchange which caused some confusion during the initial implementation. Once we had the right app and followed the documentation, the integration functioned as expected.
8x8 Virtual Office has a very well documented integration with Salesforce which made the process for integrating the software much easier. There was some technical setup that had to happen before the integration worked smoothly but once finished it is easy to manage. In addition to ease of use, we are able to enable it for some users by only adding them to the Salesforce call centers rather than cluttering the screens of people who are not interested or do not need the app.
At the moment, 8x8 Virtual Office does not integrate with JIRA but there is an existing integration on the Atlassian Marketplace to link 8x8 ContactNow to JIRA Service Desk. This seems to be a better solution for larger call centers than ours.
The best way to go is to check with 8x8 support if the app or software that you are looking to integrate with is already supported as this will definitely require much less work on your part. If not, most likely you will need to have a developer that can interface with their APIs to integrate whatever you need.