ClickUp: Checking all the boxes for a small service based business
July 13, 2022

ClickUp: Checking all the boxes for a small service based business

Craig Cunningham | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with ClickUp

We use ClickUp for our task management and as a CRM. It helps our team stay on track with the tasks around the office and focus on each of our client's specific needs. Since we deal with different businesses' finances. It has been historically difficult for someone to pick up someone else work, but with ClickUp, anyone on the team can see exactly what has been done for each client. It also gives me as the owner a lot of visibility to see what my team is working on and with the time tracking, how much time things are taking.
  • Client Management
  • Time Tracking
  • Tasks and Subtasks
  • Shared responsibilities
  • Priority management
  • Option to start time tracking when I click on a task.
  • Option to have different status options for tasks and subtasks.
  • More options for uploading information from CSV.
  • Like anything like this, there is always a setup period that is hard to muscle through. I would say we are still learning ClickUp and everything it can do for us.
  • It has given us quick access to all our clients' information in one place. Instead of looking through service agreements, past invoices, or old excel spreadsheets, we have all the information about each client instantly.
  • I'm immediately able to see what my team has been working on and make adjustments in days instead of months.
We are still learning all the ways that ClickUp can help our team collaborate, but just in the first few months, we have already seen fewer fall through the cracks by using ClickUp. When someone on our team goes out of town, they reassign all their tasks for that time to others in the office, giving clear expectations for how their work is going to be accomplished in their absence.
Again, we are still learning, but we have already been able to cut down the number of places we were tracking information and get it all into one place. From time tracking on Google Sheets, to client checklist documents and even paper files, we have now been able to role all that into ClickUp where anyone on the team can access the information.
Both the other products were fine, but I felt that they were majorly focused on doing one thing and that's project management. Sure, I could find workarounds, but it didn't feel like they were very flexible. Also, they are expensive and overwhelming. I would recommend them to companies who need that level of detail in their project management, but for me, it was too complicated and one-dimensional.

Do you think ClickUp delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with ClickUp's feature set?

Did ClickUp live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of ClickUp go as expected?

Would you buy ClickUp again?

What I like about ClickUp compared to the other options out there is that I needed something that would work as a task management software, as well as a CRM, and ClickUp has hit the sweet spot. I think if I needed a more robust task management software, I would go with something more specific to that need, same for if I needed a detailed CRM, but for my size business, ClickUp fits the needs I have.

ClickUp Feature Ratings