Call on a budget!
November 09, 2021
Call on a budget!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Skype
We use Skype, to conduct and monitor all our Sales calls and reach out programs, It is used primarily by our sales, product/Ops, and customer service teams to stay in touch with our leads and customers. It helped us in terms of not worrying about user adoption as most people are familiar with the product. Also, the screen-sharing features, ease of use in terms of the simplicity Skype had to offer is unparalleled. We did not have to roll out any kind of training within the organization as the teams were familiar with its UI and UX already. So there were cost savings on that from a training perspective. Also, the Audio quality while making calls through Skype for Business is unbeaten to this day be it through MS Teams or Zoom.
- Doesn't require high internet speeds.
- Voice calls.
- Instant messaging.
- Screen sharing and recording.
- Freezes often.
- Needs to update and add more features as competitors provide more and better offerings.
- UI has been the same for years.
- No new features, would love to see some more.
- It is cost-effective and helps you build a global presence by allowing you to get numbers in regions or countries of your choice.
- The calling plans are cheap and affordable.
- It has an easy to use mobile app that allows you to take calls on the go.
As a business messaging solution, Skype for Business has been replaced by Microsoft Teams which has been a significant upgrade. But the normal Skype hasn't really changed or developed much over the years leading to a steady decline in its customer base as well. A few years back Skype was king undisputedly but sadly today I would not say the same.
Do you think Skype delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Skype's feature set?
Did Skype live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Skype go as expected?
Would you buy Skype again?
Well, it is perfect if you plan to cover long geographic locations and are looking at a cost-effective means to have an effective call dialer option that can be tracked and monitored. This software is primarily used to connect with internal teams, with customers, and with clients allowing for file sharing as well as quick updates.