- High quality audio (14)9.494%
- Low bandwidth requirements (12)9.494%
- Desktop sharing (13)9.292%
- High quality video (14)9.090%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Whereby, and make your voice heard!
$59.99 and up
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
Whereby is presented as an easy way to meet over video. With no app or installs required, and the same meeting link every time, the video meeting platform gives users the freedom to work from anywhere.
Whereby users can invite colleagues, clients and friends to meet over mobile or desktop, by sharing a link which sends guests into a personalized meeting room. There’s no registration or downloads required, and it is designed so that anyone can easily join or host a call with no technical experience needed.
it features screen and audio sharing, meeting recording, branded rooms and customizable room links. Integrations like Trello, Google Docs and Miro Whiteboard give teams the tools they need to collaborate remotely.
With Whereby’s new API product, Whereby Embedded, companies can add video meetings to their website or app. Boasting a quick turnaround time and minimal coding requirements, it’s presented as ideal for connecting with consultants, clinicians, teachers, students, sales teams, and other specialists.
The vendor offers the following tiers (and differentiators):
Free: A tool designed to introduce video meetings into your daily workflow.
Pro: For freelance professionals who conduct business over video.
Business: Connect customers or manage a remote workforce.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
With this platform we were able to host virtual events, webinars, roundtables and more. We have a lot of clients who only have a cell phone so it's easy for them to join a Whereby meeting on the go.
- It provides us a mobile-friendly, user-friendly option for office hours-style meetings.
- It makes communicating with a team easy when working remotely and allows you to jump into the room and talk with someone about a project.
- Whereby has a super pleasant UX and overall interface.
- I didn't like that I didn't have the ability to automatically record, it was a manual process.
- I couldn't capture or register the attendees of my events.
- In the free version, it's very lightweight and lacks features and hence not viable for larger meetings.
Scenarios where it is less appropriate are sometimes during meetings recording doesn't work fine. It can lag sometimes and also you cannot screen share when using through the phone.
- Nice browser based UI
- URL reservation
- Easy to get started for non-techies
- Rather more room for free users. Four people is limiting considering the competition.
- Better marketing. People know Zoom but not Whereby.
- Have native client apps.
- Audio/Video settings
- No install option
- Easy to use
- Disseminate the solution further
- The name is weird
- The UI (it remembers Sherwood forest, to me)
- Very easy to use.
- Very easy to create an account.
- It has the same basic features as other robust programs.
- Allow more participants online in the videoconference.
- no training
- Simple access
- Reactions with emojis come up on your screen.
- Custom made rooms.
- Sometimes blocked by external users because of security settings on their computer.
- Account attached to my person e-mail not professional.
- No download
- Drag-and-drop windows help keep track of who has given their update in stand-ups
- Ability to collaborate on Google Docs and Spreadsheets within one video conferencing window
- Arrangement of user windows doesn't always make the best use of the available screen area.
- More integrations for live collaboration in shared-screen mode.
- Directly click on a link to join a video call
- Great interface
- Does not allow people to dial-in to calls
- Is best supported only through Google Chrome, so many users have issues joining
- Ease of loading the app
- No codes or silly time wasting with getting connected
- I was disappointed when they removed the fun icons which were on Appear.In.
- They have since replaced them but with very boring ones!
- Simple to connect
- User friendly
- Audio quality is not great (compared to our dedicated VOIP lines)
- Video quality is great in a small room (4 locations--point-to-point) but degrades in larger rooms. We are based in Australia, and I believe the server is in Europe.
- Easy to use.
- Accessible anywhere without product downloads.
- The ability to add more seats. The current cap is 12. I would like up to 30 or more.
- It should have the ability to record conversation internally. I use a 3rd part software.
- It's very easy to join the meeting.
- You can customize links, which is great!
- There are sometimes connection issues.
- It'd be great if there were more add-ons or features you could use.
- Team meetings.
- Needs Google Calendar integration.
- Great, simple UI.
- Very high-quality video. Better than Google Hangouts (or whatever they call it these days), and I consider it a comparable product.
- The paid version may have dial-in. But I have always used the free version. Dial-in is typically required for an "official" multi-purpose teleconference platform.
- I did have some trouble with larger groups (5+) when it was Appear.in but almost always use it for small 1-on-1 or 3 person meetings.
- Browser-based, you don't need to download any software so it's easy to use
- Video quality, we haven't had any issues.
- Screen sharing: easily lets you share your desktop with others.
- Sometimes the video and sound lag a little bit.
- The mobile app doesn't quite work as well as the desktop version.
- When you screen share, it doesn't fill the screen so you have to get used to seeing things smaller.
- Easy to use: The app is very, very easy to use. Literally just create a chat room (input a name) and access it to chat.
- Call/video quality: I've experienced better call quality on appear.in than in almost all other chat and video conferencing services out there.
- Feature-wise, none that I can think of.