TrendKite is an easy-to-use solution for measuring PR results

TrendKite is an easy-to-use solution for measuring PR results

Software Version

TrendKite

Overall Satisfaction with Cision Communications Cloud

The agency uses TrendKite across the entire PR department. We use it to measure and quantify the results that we generate for clients, and to create visually pleasing, easy-to-digest dashboards that we can incorporate into our reporting structure.
  • Accurate reporting and measurement of editorial results
  • Easy-to-digest, visually impressive graphs that can be incorporated into reports
  • Easily sharable interactive reports that can measure share of voice among other valuable metrics
  • Bulk removal of irrelevant search results
  • Better tracking of PR results
Other measurement platforms like Cision and Meltwater are excessively expensive and, in my opinion, much less effective than TrendKite.
I have already recommended TrendKite to many of my peers who have been using other measurement and reporting solutions. It is perfect for the agency environment, where you have to track results and measure them for a number of clients in many different industries.

Transition from TrendKite to Cision Communications Cloud

When migrating from one platform to another, there are always issues with integration and getting staff to learn a new system. Overall, the transition was fairly easy, and Cision offers a solid team of pros to help with any issues that come up. They offer live sessions with the team and the ability to walk through using the platform.
  • Analytics
  • Distribution (PR Newswire)
  • Media Database
  • Monitoring
Each component is different, but we generally use the analytics component to ensure that we're delivering on key goals both in real-time and on a monthly basis. Distribution is straight forward, and we've used PR Newswire quite a bit before, so there's no learning curve there. Same for the media database. This is something we've used before extensively. Monitoring/reporting is the big differentiator here. TrendKite was a big value proposition, but they have increased prices that made them competitive with the Cision product. That, along with multi-component integration made the switch easier to make.
It is straight forward and easy to use. It offers a lot of functionality, and making upgrades down the line is easier. If you wanted to add or take away a component, it is easier because it is all under one umbrella. We also think, as a team, that the monitoring and analytics are easier to capture and report with Cision, though I still think TrendKite is a great product.
Cision support has always been a great feature for the product. From onboarding to ongoing issues that pop up, Cision has an outstanding support team. There's plenty of ways to reach them and they are well versed in the product, so you can't stump them with an issue because they've seen it all.

Using Cision Communications Cloud

Yes - Cision, too expensive
  • Price
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
Price was vitally important.
I wouldn't change a thing

Cision Communications Cloud Implementation

Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None
I had a rep stay on the phone with me for 90 minutes while helping me diagnose an issue.

Using Cision Communications Cloud

None
  • Creating boolean search code
  • Tracking results
  • Creating dashboards
It's a relatively inexpensive (compared to Cision, Meltwater and other measurement platforms) and easy to use solution.

*This review was written before Cision acquired TrendKite. TrendKite is now part of Cision Communications Cloud.