AlienVault USM Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Christian Holton profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

We have a few VMWare servers that use CPUs with the SPECTRE vulnerability. I had no clue what some of the alerts meant that were coming from USM. Panicked, I contacted support and they were able to explain exactly what the problem was and how USM was interpreting the log data, AND how to mitigate the problem until a suitable fix was released by Intel.

The support engineer walked me through the vulnerability though I did have an understanding already, sent me some links of Intel's plans on resolving the problem, walked me through some settings in vSphere to disable a feature that was generating the alerts, and fine-tuned the alert to reduce the number of false-positives it was generating.
Read Christian Holton's full review
Erlon Sousa Pinheiro profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

There was a situation where my sensor was outdated and auto update did not work. When you open a call, a member of your support team contacted you by scheduling a time to manually perform the update. At that time the service was done quickly with almost no problem and from there the automatic update came back working correctly.
Read Erlon Sousa Pinheiro's full review
Randy Kouns profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

Every time we call (which isn't often) I would rate the service as exceptional. I have had no complaints with support at all and that alone says a lot, as I demand as much from vendors as I do from internal work force.
Read Randy Kouns's full review
Farakh Hussain, CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISO LA, MCSA profile photo
December 28, 2017

Aliens to the rescue!

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

There have been a few times recently when AlienVault support did go out of their way to provide exceptional support. If they keep this up their customer satisfaction rates will no doubt go higher in the future.
Read Farakh Hussain, CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISO LA, MCSA's full review
James Ellsworth profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

Not sure if this an AlienVault thing directly or not. Working with our consultant Shawn he was able to create a custom plugin for our QNAP Enclosure to support my sys log from the device. It was crucial for us to read these logs and since all other event logs are going into AlienVault this was an ideal situation. After gathering some info logs from the QNAP device Shane had a plugin created for me in 2 days and deployed. That was an invaluable effort on the part of AlienVault and Shane.
Read James Ellsworth's full review
Mikhail Suleymanov profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

We had an issue with our intrusion detection system and the support staff identified the issue and suggested a solution on how to resolve it. He even went above and beyond and offered to do a screen share to guide us through what to do on our alienvault platform.
Read Mikhail Suleymanov's full review
Bilal Al Sabbagh profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

Best support can come during pre sales where we wanted to demonstrate how AlienVault can integrate with some technology vendor products. At that time the support team was exceptionally helpful and supplied us with the required plugins.
Read Bilal Al Sabbagh's full review
Dana Hancock profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

At one time the AlienVault system was falsely reporting that Adobe Flash Player was outdated on some of our systems. I contacted support and they contacted me the same day. They researched the issue with me and found that the newest AlienVault update would fix the problem. We installed the new update and the problem was resolved, quickly.
Read Dana Hancock's full review
Ledan Patrick Masseus profile photo

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

I was having an issue where after i Upgraded to 5.1.1 where the video vanished. You would boot up see the bios and nothing after that. It turned out to be a Bug in 5.1.1 and 5.2. I opened a ticket and within an hour I believe i had a tech on the phone and he knew exactly what the issue was and the workaround. The speed to resolution was frankly amazing.
Read Ledan Patrick Masseus's full review

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

We currently have an issue with a firewall sending too many "events per second". The tech support person did a lot of research on how to remediate the problem and took it upon himself to escalate the ticket to the developer team. We now have a phone call lined up with a developer so he can better understand the problems we are facing with a single source of too many "events per second".

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

On one particular issue I wanted to do something that wasn't strictly supported, but the support agent gave me their 'unofficial' solution anyway - and it worked [like] a treat!

Exceptional Examples of AlienVault USM Support

I had a problem with major code upgrade where the system stopped responding in the middle. A time was scheduled where the technician spent a lot of time getting the system functional again. He then escalated the case to a developer who them when through the system again just to make sure everything was perfect. I was impressed with how much they cared about a small campus like us having their product functioning absolutely perfect.

Centralized event and log data collection (1)
Correlation (1)
Event and log normalization (1)
Deployment flexibility (1)
Custom dashboards and views (1)
Host and network-based intrusion detection (1)

About AlienVault USM

AlienVault® Unified Security Management® (USM) delivers threat detection, incident response, and compliance management in one unified platform. It is designed to combine all the essential security capabilities needed for effective security monitoring across cloud and on-premises environments, including SIEM, intrusion detection, vulnerability management, as well as continuous threat intelligence updates. The vendor states that even for resource-limited IT security teams, AlienVault USM can be affordable, fast to deploy, and easy to use. It eliminates the need to deploy, integrate, and maintain multiple point solutions in the data center.

Smart, automated data collection & analysis: USM Anywhere automatically collects and analyzes data across the attack surface, helping to quickly gain centralized security visibility without the complexity of multiple disparate security technologies.

Automated threat detection powered by AT&T Alien Labs: With threat intelligence provided by AT&T Alien Labs, USM Anywhere is updated automatically to stay on top of evolving and emerging threats, so the security team can focus on responding to alerts.

Incident response orchestration with AlienApps: USM Anywhere supports a growing ecosystem of AlienApps, enabling the user to orchestrate and automate actions towards other security technologies, able to respond to incidents quickly and easily.

AlienVault USM Features

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Features
Has featureCentralized event and log data collection
Has featureCorrelation
Has featureEvent and log normalization
Has featureDeployment flexibility
Has featureIntegration with Identity and Access Management Tools
Has featureCustom dashboards and views
Has featureHost and network-based intrusion detection
Has featureAlienVault Open Threat Exchange

AlienVault USM Screenshots

AlienVault USM Videos (2)

Watch AlienVault USM Anywhere: Five Essential Cloud Security Capabilities in a Single SaaS Platform

Watch See How We're Pushing the Outer Limits of Security