Overall Satisfaction with AlienVault USM
AlienVault is used across the organization, although only select individuals actually know that it is running. The software addresses the protection of mission-critical information and databases. The software is not useful for any other purposes outside of security of the networks.
- AlienVault makes following real-time threats very simple with its graphics interface.
- AlienVault is also easy to work with, and customer support is great.
- AlienVault works mainly automatically, which makes using it easy. If it required too much effort, the software tool would be replaced.
- The logs of AlientVault are harder to read through than other logs.
- Support is good, but not great.
- Resources for using the product could be made easier to search and understand.
AlienVault appears to do what it is expected to do. The software captures potential intruders, provides aggregated and non-aggregated logs, provides interesting information on threats, and does vulnerability detection. The software appears to do just as good or better job as competing software tools, although Splunk appears to do a better job at log aggregation. The graphics are easy to see and the software runs seamlessly.
AlienVault is well-suited for organizations concerned about protecting their information technology networks. If you have large volumes of sensitive data, it needs to be protected. AlienVault is a helpful solution in that it provides lots of information about the security of the network, in addition to intruder detection. The software is not well-suited for individuals or corporations that don't understand network security or have little sensitive information worth protecting.