AlienVault USM Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Christian Holton profile photo

Support

There's nothing they don't know. Granted, I haven't had to use them too recently, but the few oddball alarms I've experienced, the support team went above and beyond to ensure I was taken care of. We have a few VMWare servers that use CPUs with the SPECTRE vulnerability. I had no clue what some of the alerts meant that were coming from USM. Panicked, I contacted support and they were able to explain exactly what the problem was and how USM was interpreting the log data, AND how to mitigate the problem until a suitable fix was released by Intel.
Read Christian Holton's full review
Farakh Hussain, CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISO LA, MCSA profile photo
December 28, 2017

Aliens to the rescue!

Support

I believe they can do a better job at understanding the problem via a phone call when a support ticket is created, rather than going through email. It would help to resolve issues quicker and provider better customer satisfaction.
Read Farakh Hussain, CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISO LA, MCSA's full review
Philip Clarke profile photo

Support

Support was initially slow but once engaged resolution was fast and efficient.

Additional support on other topics was also resolved under the same initial call which helped rather than closing the call off and starting again.
Further check backs were carried out before the case was closed so support was very useful throughout.
Read Philip Clarke's full review

Support

The support we received from alienvault was excellent. They went above and beyond in making sure everything was working as it needed to be. They REALLY want their product implementation to be a success and our security goals be achieved. They are like a member of our security team.
James Ellsworth profile photo

Support

I have a 50/50 rating on this because they have been helpful in one aspect but not in another. They seem to be fairly responsive to requests, but like with my most recent request no solution offered. that is not truly a fair statement, but rather no solution unless I agree to pay additional fee's. From conversations with both our sales rep and another representative they both indicate that we have 3 years of extended support, but the problem reported to them is not covered under our support agreement.
Read James Ellsworth's full review
Mikhail Suleymanov profile photo

Support

I have not had a single issue with the alienvault support staff. Any issue or question that we had, especially in the beginning during the installation phase the support staff was readily available via phone and email to help us. I am very happy with the decision we made to go with alienvault.
Read Mikhail Suleymanov's full review
Chuck Bardram profile photo

Support

I find their support to be excellent. From the FAQ's to the tech docs, it is very easy to resolve most issues. The few times we worked with a support technician, they were always quick to resolve our issue. We are very pleased with the overall level of support!
Read Chuck Bardram's full review
Bilal Al Sabbagh profile photo

Support

Based on previous experience we had to explain and demonstrate the problems several times; fixes takes long time to be implemented and rolled out to end users. Several times we had to guide the support contact to fully understand the problem.
Read Bilal Al Sabbagh's full review
Ledan Patrick Masseus profile photo

Support

I have extremely favorable support for the live people
support. They seem to know the product well in addition to knowing the actual underbelly
of a product such as AlienVault. I took two spots away as I find the online
support to be lacking. Almost any search takes you to the forums, where it's
mostly a miss. And searching for what one suspects is a bug is never there, but
you call in and it's, ‘yeah that's a bug and here's a quick workaround or
solution.’ so yeah for live support .. boo for the online based support/doc.
Read Ledan Patrick Masseus's full review

Support

Support is friendly but response time has been spotty. Also initially when we signed up there was a lot of pointing us at the documentation, which has been spotty and ad-hoc for what is supposed to be a commercial product. Overall the feel of AlienVault and the support has been of a very new and startup company that is trying to grow up out of it's open source roots, and I'm not sure if they've totally been able to make the transition to being able to meet the expectations of the enterprise customers.

Support

Have had good support and have had poor where they just want to direct you to pay for consultant services or training. Usually the support rep is pretty good and works to resolve/answer the issue/question, but a few times they have not been willing to look into it very far and push off to services/training.

Support

Every time we have opened a ticket with AlienVault they have managed to get us an answer. At times they are not what we want to hear, but I do appreciate the "drive it home" attitude of tech support. I believe the other SIEM competitors could learn a lesson from AlienVault.
November 30, 2017

AlienVault Review

Support

My experience with support has not been the best. Support is quick to auto respond to issues and allow remote support to Alienvault USM. However it is hard to reach a live support agent and get someone immediately. Needs work on response time and follow up resolution.

Support

They seem to really care, and take my questions seriously. I've never been left without a response and they track issues really well. In addition they can dial-in to our system and perform remote diagnosis.

Centralized event and log data collection (1)
Correlation (1)
Event and log normalization (1)
Deployment flexibility (1)
Custom dashboards and views (1)
Host and network-based intrusion detection (1)

About AlienVault USM

AlienVault® Unified Security Management® (USM) delivers threat detection, incident response, and compliance management in one unified platform. It is designed to combine all the essential security capabilities needed for effective security monitoring across cloud and on-premises environments, including SIEM, intrusion detection, vulnerability management, as well as continuous threat intelligence updates. The vendor states that even for resource-limited IT security teams, AlienVault USM can be affordable, fast to deploy, and easy to use. It eliminates the need to deploy, integrate, and maintain multiple point solutions in the data center.

Smart, automated data collection & analysis: USM Anywhere automatically collects and analyzes data across the attack surface, helping to quickly gain centralized security visibility without the complexity of multiple disparate security technologies.

Automated threat detection powered by AT&T Alien Labs: With threat intelligence provided by AT&T Alien Labs, USM Anywhere is updated automatically to stay on top of evolving and emerging threats, so the security team can focus on responding to alerts.

Incident response orchestration with AlienApps: USM Anywhere supports a growing ecosystem of AlienApps, enabling the user to orchestrate and automate actions towards other security technologies, able to respond to incidents quickly and easily.

AlienVault USM Features

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Features
Has featureCentralized event and log data collection
Has featureCorrelation
Has featureEvent and log normalization
Has featureDeployment flexibility
Has featureIntegration with Identity and Access Management Tools
Has featureCustom dashboards and views
Has featureHost and network-based intrusion detection
Has featureAlienVault Open Threat Exchange

AlienVault USM Screenshots

AlienVault USM Videos (2)

Watch AlienVault USM Anywhere: Five Essential Cloud Security Capabilities in a Single SaaS Platform

Watch See How We're Pushing the Outer Limits of Security