Call recording (8)

Call reports (8)

Audio conferencing (10)

Video conferencing (6)

6.1

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of FreeConferenceCall.com, and make your voice heard!

What is FreeConferenceCall.com?

FreeConferenceCall.com is a free audio conferencing solution with features such as audio and video conferencing, screen-sharing, call recording, transcribed keywords, one-click web controls, transcribed keywords, instant messaging, and integrations with Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar.

7 people want pricing too

What is Zoom?

Zoom is a unified communications platform primarily known for its use as a web conferencing tool. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

What is Dialpad Meetings?

UberConference is a web conferencing platform with document management capability that integrates with third-party applications such as Google Drive, LinkedIn, Evernote, and Dropbox. It includes features such as screen sharing, call controls, call recording, and a mobile application.

Cloud PBX

Call Management

VoIP system collaboration

Mobile apps

FreeConferenceCall.com Technical Details

What is FreeConferenceCall.com?

What is FreeConferenceCall.com's best feature?

Reviewers rate Hosted PBX highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses FreeConferenceCall.com?

The most common users of FreeConferenceCall.com are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Consumer Services industry.

Chris Martino | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreeConferenceCall is very user friendly. We have been able to train employees quickly and get them started using this software. It allows us to set up conference calls at a low cost and connect with clients all over the nation. We have tried other services and the Audio was not as sharp.
  • Audio quality.
  • Ease of use.
  • Reliability
  • Interface could be a little cleaner and looks dated.
  • Sometimes callers get dropped, but it's rare.
  • Have gotten error message for 1st login but works on the 2nd time.
FreeConferenceCall is well suited for a low price service to connect with others. The onboarding is super simple and easy to use. The ability to record to the cloud is also useful. The ability to host a large number of people is great. The only scenario I can think of less appropriate is that the interface just looks a bit dated, so maybe it is not the best for the wow factor of dealing with clients.
I recently had a very unsuccessful call with FreeConferenceCall.com- I complained to them. I switched back to Google Meet only to find that when I installed FreeConferenceCall.com it had switched my microphone to them exclusively. It took me over an hour to discover why my mic didn't work any longer with Google Meet. I uninstalled Free Conference Call and things immediately returned to normal.
  • easy to get video access or just audio access
  • they should not switch the mic to themselves exclusively
  • it was very hard for inexperienced users to get onto the call
hard for inexperienced users to get on a recurring call the second time
We have used FreeConferenceCall.com for over two years to host a five-minute daily prayer call. For the past two years, service worked perfectly. Then, just recently, callers could not log on using the exact same credentials that had been working for two years; callers were also bumped off the calls--again these problems just started happening several weeks ago and had never been present previously. When I called customer service, I was told the problems were caused due to a law that recently changed. I knew that answer made no sense and I pushed the rep to give me a straight answer. He then stated the local carriers (not FreeConferenceCall.com) were responsible for the difficulties because local carriers (e.g., Sprint, T-mobile, etc.) don't like free accounts and are causing user issues for free account holders. I then asked if paying a monthly fee to FreeConferenceCall.com, would eliminate the problems I'm experiencing and he said yes. When I then inquired, "If the problem is the local carriers causing the problems, how is paying FreeConferenceCall.com (instead of the local carriers) addressing the problem?"
  • Until recently, ease of use
  • Until recently, reliability
  • Free cost
  • Detailed call reports
  • Recently callers cannot get onto the call
  • Users on the call get bumped off
  • Non-transparent policy about why problems are occurring. If FreeConferenceCall.com can't reliably provide free service, just tell me that rather than blaming it on a law that changed and local carriers causing the problems. The real problem is that the law did recently change, which allowed companies like FreeConferenceCall.com to collect a revenue share for all calls placed through certain hubs--even free calls. This loophole was removed recently, and I believe the service issues I've been experiencing are being used to extort users to buy a paid service in order to receive trouble-free service.
  • I found customer service representatives rude and dismissive
FreeConferenceCall.com, when working as advertised, is perfect for the daily prayer call I used it for and until recently I have been very happy with the quality and reliability of the service. It's perfect for quick, group calls where video is not required (as I stated, until recently, the service was perfect for my daily prayer call needs). My real issue is with the utter lack of transparency around the truth about the problems I'm experiencing--namely, due to various state statues recently changing, which now prevents FreeConferenceCall.com from collecting a revenue share for free calls placed through certain hubs; I believe local carriers FreeConferenceCall.com are now causing these service issues in order to extort users to buy a paid service for $4.95 per month in order to replace the revenue share FreeConferenceCall.com lost as a result of the recent legal changes. The paid service fee is not much--$4.95/month. Its not the amount of the fee I object to, it's the lack of transparency about the true causes of the service problems, the abdication of any responsibility on the part of FreeConferenceCall.com, and blaming the service problems entirely on local service providers rather than just admitting FreeConferenceCall.com can't receive a revenue share anymore, so to receive quality service now you have to pay.
Doug Mancosky | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small business of about 10 people who frequently have sales and engineering calls with outside organizations. These calls in the past used to be almost exclusively voice, but in the last year have transitioned more to video. We also look to occasionally present slides and other materials as part of meetings.
  • It's free.
  • It has a lot of features.
  • Did I mention it's free?
  • Doesn't feel completely polished.
  • Minimal "fun" factor with filters, backgrounds, etc.
  • Seems slightly less reliable than competitors.
Free Conference Call started off as just a way to get a free conference call number, but now it's so much more. It now can do video and you can even make phone calls out of it with a dialer. In addition, you can even get a virtual phone number to receive calls, and as long as you remain active, you can keep it long-term for free.
Amy O'Day | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use FreeConferenceCall.com daily within our company. We have two dedicated numbers for sales calls, and information gathering calls for programs that we have already booked. It allows us to have a group connect remotely via one number. It allows us also to record calls for those attendees who aren't able to make it so they can review later.
  • The online portal to access call details and recordings is very easy to use.
  • The functions that are offered beyond the free plan are competitive with other providers.
  • I feel that our calls are secure with our own personal access codes and the same number always being used.
  • It would be nice to be able to find recordings in one place rather than having to scroll through the history of calls.
  • International Calls could be easier to navigate.
  • There are a lot of marketing emails that go out via email. It would be nice to have fewer.
I think that FreeConferenceCall.com is well suited for anyone, really. They do a great job at providing options for all types of scenarios-from basic phone calls to now offering the video conference. The only time I think that it might not be as advantageous to use is when there are only 2 people that are needing to connect-in that case it's just as easy to direct dial.
We used the free service for about 10 years. Very easy, works well. We used for sales, marketing, technology and editorial. Quality of service was always good. Nice recap reports as well. When we pivoted to WFH we upgraded to a paid Zoom account. That said, their service is excellent and served our needs for years.
  • Basic service is free.
  • The quality is good.
  • Easy to set up and use.
  • We migrated to a paid Zoom account which has more features.
  • The name was a concern for business use.
  • Basic reporting was fine.
If you are looking for a free service that has basic features then this is a useful service. That said, Zoom has a more limited basic free service and a far more robust paid service.
We have used freeconferencecall.com for at least four years. We use it for staff meetings, training, education, and most recently morning rounding meetings. We have hospital subscriptions to zoom but I prefer this platform. The calls are clear and rarely drop. We don't have trouble logging in like we do with the zoom platform. There is the option to do video conferencing but I have not used that. I also love that I have one number and code. It is the same one that it has been for years. I don't have to send out the info, I just tell the staff call the conference line. Since COVID several other departments have started using this platform as well. Some other platforms like zoom often kick people off or drop or you can't get through to begin with. In all my years of using this that has only happened to me once with freeconferencecall.com and that was at the very beginning of the pandemic.
  • Clear calls, it is easy to hear no matter how many participants are on the call.
  • Does not kick participants off, we have up to 40 people on the call and it works fine.
  • Easy to remember, the phone number and code is the same so it is easy for staff to recall.
  • No busy signals, we can always get through to set up call.
  • Increased promotion of the video platform.
  • Possibly allow customers to choose their own access code.
  • I really can't think of anything else. I really like this platform.
  • Allow host to mute participants.
This format is great for my staff meetings. It allows back and forth conversations without dropping parts off. We use it for lectures and recently rounding meetings. I have encouraged others to try it. It is so easy to use and does not require any set up for a meeting. You literally call the number and enter your code. It is also good for family conferences so that the provider can reach out to multiple family members at once.
Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used FreeConferenceCall to host virtual meetings with my clients - either individually or for groups.
  • It lets people connect from all over the world - for FREE! Amazing.
  • People can join global phone calls without paying global prices. There are local numbers in multiple countries that people can use.
  • The instructions for adding a person on-the-fly weren't the most intuitive.
  • Occasionally, we'd lose the connection and have to dial back in. Not often though.
If you need to talk to a group of busy people - who don't necessarily have time (or ability) to commute to meet in person, this is a great tool for a virtual phone call.
I didn't have to reach out for support that often - but when I did, I got prompt clear responses.
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use FreeConferenceCall.com for our video conference calls with sales reps, clients, suppliers and service providers. At this time we all use it, so it is being used company-wide. Until a short while ago we would always request that the person or people we were meeting with would set up the video call or chat, but we wanted to have our own option as well without needing to pay for a service. FreeConferneceCall.com is exactly that - free.
  • Ease of setup - There is an installer and software does need to be installed on the computer but it's incredibly easy and simple to get started.
  • Inviting meeting participants is incredibly easy from within the application. Either a link can be copied into a regular email or a list of email addresses can be input and you can send a single invitation to everyone as once.
  • The video and audio clarity are great (assuming everyone has a good internet connection). FreeConferenceCall.com is also good at determining who is talking and placing that image at the forefront during the meeting.
  • Browser-based option. It would be great if there were no need to install the software. A browser or cloud-based option with no local component needed would be great.
  • A higher GB limit on saving recorded meetings on the free version. Currently, it is at 1 GB which is a little low. I understand that of course, they need to make money, but with the cost of memory being so low these days, while the quality, and thereby memory usage, goes up, more than 1 GB should be standard.
  • This may be available in the paid version, but screen sharing would also be great (if it's possible in the free version then I just haven't figured out how to do it).
It's a simple to use video conferencing meeting platform. If someone can't join on video, the audio-only (call-in) option works great just as well. It works well in any scenario where meeting in person is not an option and video conference is necessary. The only time the free version is limiting is when every meeting needs to be recorded and saved. With the free version, you have up to a 1 GB limit on saved meetings. So after a short amount of time you run out of room. If you will need to save all your video conferences then a paid account will be necessary.
I haven't had the need to call for any support at all yet for FreeConferenceCall.com. It has just worked splendidly for me. That being said, when I first downloaded it and got started using it there was a wizard which made every section and button very clear on what it does. It was easy to get started by following the wizard. I imagine then that their customer service will be just as good.
Dmitry Galkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
My coworkers and I use freeconferencecall.com to arrange conference calls. It's used by whoever needs to set up a conference call. It saves the company the cost of having to set up a costly call conferencing service.
  • Freeconferencecall.com is free. That's its main attraction.
  • The program allows you to see which phone numbers were on the call and for how long. This can be useful for reference.
  • The calls have always worked perfectly for me, without interruption and with a great sound quality. This makes it the optimal low-budget option.
  • It would be nice if the custom greeting feature were included in the free features.
  • One of the premium features should be a secured line option, that's protected from intrusion.
  • A contacts list would help to note common callers and identify callers who show up as "wireless caller" in the detail report.
Freeconferencecall.com is perfect when you need to set up an audio conference. The calls work perfectly, and the detail reports are useful to reference previous calls. I can't think of a reasonable scenario for which it's not appropriate.
October 25, 2017

AWESOME BUSINESS TOOLS

Dan Ferris, Master CMB, AMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using it for my some of my business conference calls with potential new users of our Mortgage Software. It helps me with group calls we need to have during the sales process. After this call we move to the proposal stage and then hopefully to contracts. It is so easy to use for everyone involved.
  • It is easy to use and my number or password hasn't changed in years.
  • I get a report right after every call, emailed to me.
  • In the 5 + years that I have used it I have had no technical issues of any kind.
  • Don't change anything!
Nothing to change here. Keep it like it is!
I have had no need for support to get involved. This product works perfectly for years.
Jessica Herrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
A number of programs within my organization utilize FreeConferenceCall.com. It is primarily used for intra-staff communications, standing meetings, and any ad-hoc discussions among staff in different offices. It is great for allowing easy access to a select group of people quickly.
  • Conference line
  • Password protected communications
  • Intra-staff calling
  • Occasionally drops calls
  • Issues with connectivity
  • Limited access to call logs, transcripts, user information during calls
I think that FreeConferenceCall.com is great for intra-staff calling that doesn't require a high level of security or online interface. I would not recommend it for large calls, calls with outside groups. It is also not great for situations where the call organizer needs to mute callers or know who is on the phone in real time.