Reviews (1-10 of 10)
- User-friendly editing.
- Handle a large number of decentralized users, while being incredibly fast and easy to use.
- CMS server separably from the content. So your website is live!!
- Multiple browser previews. Slow and not always accurate.
- Nice to have option to update from mobile.
- The JustEdit feature makes updating content a breeze. With a small staff, we rely on others to update their content. OU Campus makes it easy.
- Site-wide find and replace. I use the site-wide find and replace feature for all sorts of things - links, enrollment numbers, department names. It's really helpful.
- Customer service. The staff at OU Campus answers questions quickly and is always willing to discuss the most effective ways to take on new projects.
- Multiple browser previews. The browser/os preview seemed like a feature we could really use, but it is slow and not always accurate.
- Forms. The form builder lacks some advanced features, like captcha, but they are updating the form builder.
- Mobile access. As of now, OU Campus doesn't allow for users to log in from a mobile device. I don't want to update websites from my phone, but it would be nice to have access to some features on the go.
- Assets are easily managed and can be edited independently of the page they exist on.
- Version history is handled well. Allows for a comment section to note what changes have been made.
- Dependency tags are perfect for media that is used in several places. Upload a photo once, use it in multiple places, edit the photo or its description in one place.
- Formatting. The page can sometimes look very differently when published than what it looks like while editing. Some improvements have been made in this area with version 10 however.
- Find and replace. The command+F needs to find text on the page while editing, not present an actual find and replace dialog box. At least give me the option to simply "find" the text I'm looking for. The dialog box just gets in the way most of the time.
- There is not a way to "unpublish" items. At least not a way that I can think of. I would like the ability to pull a page offline without deleting it. Seems like it should be done simpler.
- OU Campus is quite simply a very easy product to manage and maintain for our users across campus.
- The easy-to-use interface makes using the product easy. As the administrator for OU Campus, I can set up user access and preferences according to user knowledge and expertise.
- Using OU Campus daily gives us the ability to keep our website up-to-date with quick access and easy usability.
- With version 10 of OU Campus, OmniUpdate has continued to grow and expand according to user needs.
- SIMPLE TO USE - non-technical users of the product learn the functions and features easily, and they continue to use OU Campus on a regular basis.
- PLATFORM-AGNOSTIC & NOTHING TO INSTALL - OU Campus can be connected to anything that can be accessed via FTP, and that content can be managed through a web browser.
- ENTERPRISE-LEVEL SOLUTION - content can be repurposed to multiple outputs (mobile, PDF, CSV, HTML) in a single step, OU Campus has site-wide dependency management tools built-in. Web-based image editor is built-in. Simple to multi-step workflow and content scheduling (publishing/expiring content) is built-in. Web content snippets (bits of code) as well as digital 'assets' management (images, scripts, code sections, data, etc.) is built-into OU Campus. Site export and ZIP Import (with auto-extraction) is built-into OU Campus.
- OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE - If you ever need a question answered, OmniUpdate's support team is second to none. My experience over the past 8 years has been that I get a response within the business day (and typically within an hour).
- I used to have an issue with the 'Browse...' button on the initial 'Insert/Edit Link' interface, but that's already been fixed/resolved/improved.
- I think the reporting interface could use a facelift - at this point you can pull out CSV files and manipulate them in Excel (which works well), but providing something more visual for displaying system-wide data/reporting would be great (I believe there is something in version 10 that addresses this, but we're not yet migrated over to that version).
- I think a visual template editor (with drag-and-drop capabilities) would be a great addition to this product. Something that allows for reshaping CSS DIVs, drag-and-drop of page elements (in HTML5/CSS3 and/or for XSL functions).
- I love that fact that whenever I upload something, it is available to the community members within a matter of seconds.
- OU Campus could use some improving on their upload changes as far as naming the document because when you are trying to upload the same document with minor revisions, OU Campus requires you to change the name of the document within OU Campus which creates multiple documents in the workfolder.
- When naming documents to upload into OU Campus, it would be nice if we could name out documents the way we would instead of having to put an underscore to indicate a space in the document. Most users of OU Campus has not had proper training to know that you need to do that.
- Very easy to create and maintain web pages.
- Very intuitive interface.
- Easy to teach non-tech people how to use it.
- Users love it.
- Better integration for dynamic web content.
- Easy to use.
- Consistency across users.
- File structure was sometimes confusing; assets not filed intuitively.
- Content migration didn't always flow across from old system to OUCampus seamlessly.
OU Campus Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About OU Campus
OU Campus from OmniUpdate is as an enterprise CMS platform
for institutions of higher education. It can be deployed as a cloud-based
service or hosted locally. It is built in Java, uses open standards, and is
extensible through APIs. It features a WYSIWYG toolbar with in-context
editing as well as source code editing, instant and scheduled publishing,
multi-channel output, mobile-accessibility for end users, asset management, and
so much more.
The vendor attributes the fast and responsive user interface to the HTML5 technology. Additionally, the vendor says that new page templates, and the drag-and-drop functionality make their platform extremely user friendly. OU Campus can integrate with other campus systems via REST-style APIs to solve digital marketing needs, including social media mashup, online course catalog, faculty directory, mobile website, calendar, email marketing, blogs, interactive campus map, cost calculator, and more. Its decoupled architecture provides flexibility and safeguards. Global find and replace presents a powerful search option when scouring code. Unlimited sites and sub-sites may be managed through OU Campus.
OU Campus Screenshots
OU Campus Integrations
OU Campus Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
OU Campus Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
OU Campus Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|