RedFlag is a mass notification system that comes in handy during emergencies. It helps in sending out alerts to employees in case of any crises. You can send out voice, text, and email messages instantly through it for efficient communication.
We used it during the 2018 Californian Wildfires to inform our employees not to come to the office during those days. One of our branches in Tehama County was affected by these fires as they were pretty intense around that region.
Currently, we’re using it to inform our employees about the snowstorm in Boston. RedFlag has helped us notify them in time to work from home.
We, at TravHelper, mainly use RedFlag to communicate with our employees. The Acknowledgment feature provided by the platform ensures that we know that all employees have read our alerts. It helps in making sure that our employees in other parts of the country are safe.
We also use RedFlag as a tool to streamline our internal communication. It’s extremely helpful for us as we’ve got multiple offices across the US and relying on just email for communication isn’t a great option.
The best part about RedFlag is that it’s super easy to set up. You just need to gather and import data of recipients and add it to the platform. That’s it, you’re all set to start sending out messages!
- Pre-defined messaging templates
- Multi-language support in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Microsoft Outlook add-in to handle communication better
- Multi-channel messaging (text, voice, emails)
- iOS and Android app for easy communication
- Acknowledgment option for receipt of messages
- Polling for making quick business decisions
- Integration with pagers for communication. It’s not a big concern as only a few employees have requested for it. However, it’d help if RedFlag can implement that as well. I’m pretty sure they’ll; they keep coming up with updates regularly.
- Would love to see RedFlag go completely global.