Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of symplr Talent Management Solutions (HealthcareSource), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
symplr Talent Management Solutions (formerly HealthcareSource)
symplr states they recognize how recruiters, hiring managers, learning and development professionals, and compensation specialists must work together to hire and develop high-performing teams and leaders in healthcare. symplr Talent supports the following initiatives:
- Use configurable, data-driven recruitment marketing techniques to attract, engage and build relationships with highly qualified talent in your area.
- Match applicants’ work preferences with job openings so your team can focus on jobs with high-volume openings and low availability of qualified talent.
- Communicate and coordinate tasks more effectively among stakeholders, including applicants, recruiters, and hiring managers.
- Quickly fill positions by posting job openings to our healthcare-focused Job Board (previously online bulletin board), making it easy for prospective employees to apply for those posted jobs.
- Reduce new-hire turnover by predicting applicants’ likelihood for job success, service excellence, and long-term retention.
- Create a high-performance culture through ongoing coaching, feedback, and professional development.
- Engage and inspire employees to achieve their objectives.
- Create employee development plans using scientifically validated assessment techniques.
- Plan for tomorrow by identifying your potential leaders today.
Learning & Development
- Build resilience by putting employee development at the core of the workforce planning strategy.
- Embrace adaptive educational learning techniques to reduce reliance on classrooms and to better engage employees with online instruction of healthcare education and staff training tools like Minute Mandatories®
- Proactively close skills gaps by creating a culture of continuous learning, track skill progression, and decrease time to competency.
- Supported: Electronic sign-off of current job descriptions and responsibilities
- Supported: Manager-staff goal collaboration
- Supported: Ongoing goals check-ins and updates
- Supported: Online coaching and feedback
- Supported: Dashboard and email driven process
- Supported: Online self and multi-rater input
- Supported: Clear consistent communication of performance outcomes
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- keeping track of applicants
- access to resume, CV, etc is easy
- navigation; not always user friendly or insightful
- User tracking of e-learning
- HR tracking of user e-learning
- Easy to use interface
- Intuitive design
- Integration to a mobile app that all employees could use would be great
- Additional color schemes would be neat
- I feel they do implementation well.
- They have great vendors they work with.
- They are reasonably priced.
- The system needs to be updated. It's simple and easy to use, but it is way outdated.
- Roll out upgrades frequently and more timely.
- Need calendar integration, social media integrations, CRM to application.
- The user interface is simple. Everything is on one page and incredibly easy to navigate.
- The program is solid. We haven't had a downtime in years.
- The program syncs with our HR system very well.
- Third party or custom built SCORM packages often have issues.
- Limited ability to create custom reports.
- Lack of ability to integrate with other programs.
- Assignment system is extremely limited.
Am I seeking the ability to educate with interactive content or document education? HealthcareSource NetLearning is stronger in documenting.
How specific do I need to be in educating? For house-wide and department-wide assignments HealthcareSource NetLearning works great. Distinguishing to micro-groups are more difficult.
Do I want to integrate with other products? This is impossible at this time. (3rd party courseware is possible, I am speaking of 3rd party report building software and other software integrations.)
- Customer service is available via email and phone when needed.
- Individualized training sessions available for project challenges.
- Provide personable service from all aspects of the organization.
- When we had issues with compatibility of third party courses, the staff focused on our need and made it work.
- To allow our team members choice, we offer training as either/or. The current system does not record either/or completions
- To end enrollment of new hires for training at a set date, requires also ending the training of all those not yet completed.
We are still on Position Manager 10 and any new clients would be on Position Manager 11 and I know there are a lot of improvements in version 11 such as a better approval process for job requisitions.
- Integration and file feeds with our core HRIS System, Lawson, is one of the biggest strengths of both products. Entering data once is a big time saver for an organization with close to 10,000 employees.
- User friendly and intuitive interface makes this system easy to use with minimal training. During our initial roll transition we did have in person training but going forward for new employees, training documents on our HR Intranet site have been working well.
- Reporting needs are met in both systems. Performance Manager has a custom reporting interface that allows you to create reports as needed. Position Manager has many built in reports and support will write custom reports as needed.
- HealthcareSource developers are very open to suggestions from their clients on ways to enhance their products and new versions come out quarterly.
- Unlike other software vendors I have used in the past, system changes seem to be very sell tested and put through the QA process before being released to clients.
- There are a lot of custom settings that allow you to set the system the way you want in Position Manager. You can change the application and requisition to suit your needs.
- I really like their support software - you can submit help requests by phone, email or a support portal. If it's an easy fix, the fix and communication is quick but when the support needs to move to an higher tier, communication can be slow and although I have no doubt support is working on it, communication could be better to let us know what is going on.
- They do seem to be getting better about this, but when a new release is coming out and the changes are minor we often get the release notes 1-2 days before the system is updated. Due to varying work schedules, I would like to see the release notes a few weeks in advance. To their credit, the last release which had a few more major changes like a new navigation bar, they did give us a months notice.
- I know this may be rare of the SAAS world, but I would really rave about the software if I had full custom reporting capability with full read-only database access so I could combine their data with my HRIS data in one report.
- It is a basic system, so it allows a basic level user to maneuver with ease.
- SoftChalk is a basic authoring tool which assists in the creation of our modules.
- NetManager allows for trainers to manage their classes from start to finish.
- NetLearning does not appear to be advancing its software, but more only focusing on maintenance.
- The functionality for an administrator is cumbersome and not always intuitive.
- Mass module uploading capability is non-existent.
- When submitting tickets for NetLearning, the helpdesk is quick to respond to requests.
- When helping you with a NetLearning issue, the helpdesk will call and walk you through what was incorrect, so that you know how to fix it in the future.
- The NetLearning University Anytime Links are not accurate. So, after trying to fix an issue myself, I had wasted a large portion of time trying to follow directions and complete myself.
- The training times are in a different time zone and most of them are before I start work for the day.
- When any company implements a new program they have specific needs that they want customized for them. Healthcare source did a great job providing excellent customer service to our HR and IT professionals working behind the scenes to help us maximize the programs potential at our organization. They did not limit us to any standard uses or prohibit us from reaching our internal goals. Some examples include specialized reports, data uploads of employee data and time frames for our annual reviews.
- They provided us with training and retraining and more training on using the system. This included training new members of our team when we had turnover in HR and inviting us to conferences and webcasts regularly.
- The presentation of the software was very appealing and that may seem small but it really helps appeal to the employees that use it for their reviews.
- The communication between our HR IS system and their platform was cumbersome, this is always a tough spot to work with when trying to get two systems to communicate without having to rework the data. We did reach a point of success and it was due to the work on both sides.
- I would have liked to have seen the way other healthcare organizations used the system.
- It took a long time to get a chance to meet some of the team members from HealthcareSource due to our locations and once we did have a face to face meeting I felt much more connected with the team.
It is a user-friendly and effective ATS and I enjoyed using it.
- Provides a full picture and a history of the relationship the organization had with an applicant.
- Every step in the recruitment/hiring process is done through the ATS software.
- Navigation within the program is easy and user-friendly. From sending an invitation to a denial-note it is there easily accessible.
- Administrative functions are harder to use
- Applicants can apply multiple times for the same open req.
- Alerts are not a full feature.
- Ability to communicate with Hiring Managers
- Ease of use for Hiring Managers
- Ease of use, have to open multiple tabs to streamline
- Layout is not very visually appealing