SAP SuccessFactors is used across our entire global organization. It is primarily used by the HR professionals like myself, and other business services. It is essentially a database of all employees, with all relevant information you could want to know. We also use it for storing documents related to employees and running reports. All data feeds into ADP Workforce Now, which we also use. These two programs talking to each other is very helpful.
- Having fields for any kind of data you would need to store on an employee
- Very comprehensive reporting analytics
- Integrates and feeds into Payroll systems like ADP so you don't need to update two systems
- Loading can be very long at times
- Would be nice to be able to rearrange the order that different data sets appear
- UI and visuals look a little bit dated
SAP SuccessFactors is helpful when you need to regularly look up employees in your organization and see clear information about them, particularly when you have many employees. The data is much clearer than displayed in a payroll system like ADP or Paylocity. However, if you are a smaller company, it probably would not be necessary. Simply using ADP or a similar system for the same purpose should work fine.