The Trend Micro Endpoint Security platform Apex One (formerly OfficeScan) provides antivirus and malware detection, and endpoint visibility. The product suite can be extended with associated applications that cover mobile endpoint protection, endpoint encryption, as well as network and server vulnerability protection.Apex One really is the apex of endpoint securityWe use Trend Micro Apex One Endpoint Security across our whole organization, providing malware protection for our desktops, laptops, mobile devices and servers. What's great about this product is it is a multi-layered product that is designed to detect and remedy a range of malware issues, including those in active memory. Because of this, I no longer have to deploy multiple products to protect one system--Apex One is a complete security solution, even providing disk encryption should I need it. Now I don't have to monitor multiple dashboards to review threat activity on my systems nor push multiple products to endpoints, but I can do this all from a single console and dashboard.,Centralized management: control all your users and see threat activity throughout your environment Comprehensive security suite: I have been using Trend Micro products for nearly two decades and this is their most feature-packed security product ever Minimal user impact: security solutions shouldn't disrupt work or annoy the user, just do their job in the background and only become apparent when warranted. Apex One accomplishes this beautifully. Easy to use: it's an easy (and free) upgrade from OfficeScan, and even easier to deploy and use. Inexpensive. Pricing is very competitive for what you get.,There has really not been anything about this product I haven't liked, believe it or not.,10,Since the product is a full suite of protection rolled into a single product, we've seen ROI through cost reduction and simplified management. And while we haven't measured performance, one would logically assume that systems will perform better with a single product installed vs several. While we haven't measured performance, one would logically assume that systems will perform better with a single product installed vs several.,Norton Internet Security and McAfee Advanced Threat Defense,RingCentral, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Connect, Windows Server, Nutanix AHV, Hyper-V, Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls, Cisco Meraki MS Switches, Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point, Adobe Acrobat DCApex One -- All In One!Preface:QualTech used to use an older on-premise version of Trend Micro security, and upon the time when we would have to renew licenses, we decided to take a look at what our other options are in using Cloud software, since we were in the process of moving to a completely cloud-based infrastructure. Use:Trend Micro Apex One is used company wide on all computers within the company domain, including laptops that are taken home by employees.Apex One provides not just an excellent way to secure machines from potentially malicious software, but it also provides a quick snapshot of the PC health of everything on our network. Updates, patches, and driver issues will be identified. Not to mention, the policy creation and rollout to endpoints is very easy, and acts as a second layer before the already installed firewall on the network.,End point implementation: the roll-out of Trend Micro was extremely easy! Server/Device policies: creating both endpoint and server device policies is something we were looking for in a system, since we have a variety of both endpoints with users, as well as several unattended servers needing specific limitations. License Management: removing Trend Micro from machines before destruction or retirement is done in a pinch. There's no struggling to free up an unused license,Threat Removal: we've encountered several times when Trend Micro will point out some kind of threat, but lacks the ability to handle the removal itself, and typically still requires some kind of manual intervention. It's small, but I do wish you could rename the endpoint agent names after they're assigned in the system. Greater view and visibility into some of the standard reports offered would be nice.,9,We've saved on malware protection software costs. An increased overall risk assessment index score regarding future audits.,Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security, Trend Micro Mobile Security, Avast Business Antivirus and Norton Small Business,XhibitSignage, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Tableau DesktopWith Trend Micro you will be safe without knowing that you are protectedWe have deployed Trend Micro with a provider that manages all of our Security. The client is transparent for the end user and the servers. It is reliable and robust. We have deployed it across the organization via GPO, its centralized control is the management console where you can allow or deny untrusted applications, extensions, etc. You can password protect the de-installation and the protection deactivation.,Central Management Light Client Application Filtrer,More dlexibility for the end user to choose what to run or not. Maybe more alerts in order to make it feel safe for the end user. Lack of remote control to the clients,9,You get more than you pay for. Not permissive at all. Vendor and Support always support you with whatever you need.,Kaspersky Endpoint Security,Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark), SAP Business One, Polycom RealPresence Group SeriesTrend Micro Apex One is one of the best and provides outstanding support.Trend Micro Apex One is being used by our organization. Trend does an excellent job providing security to all our endpoints. Trend has superior support. The times I have used their support it has been outstanding.,Stays on top of security threats. Constantly pushing out updates to stay ahead of the bad guys.,I have not come across anything that needs improved.,10,Improved security. Peace of mind.,Trend Micro Deep Security Smart CheckTrend-micro does its job!Trend micro endpoint security is being used on all endpoints in our company, We use it for anitivirus,anti-malware, and even email spam protection on our exchange servers. It prevents outbreaks as soon as a rule is triggered. We rely on Tm everyday to keep our company free of viruses that could potentially cause system downtime.,Protects against viruses Protects User data Protects email servers from spam and other harmful emails.,Tech support could be a little more customer friendly More detailed report from users logs Officescan is spotty sometimes will not reflect when users get stuff blocked,10,Minimal downtime Saves company money by preventing data loss It could of been more flexible when moving officescan server to other domain/ip address,,Malwarebytes, Microsoft Exchange, Trend Micro InterScan Messaging SecurityTrend Micro ReviewTrend Micro is being used across the board at our company as a safety and security application.,Scans for viruses Finds Trojans Finds potential threats and quarantines them,Complete removal of the trojans and viruses Assisting with older models of computers Customer service,4,It has assisted with quarantining potential threats Has found some viruses within the system Is great for regular scans,Norton Internet Security,Norton Internet SecurityTrend OfficeScan and Honest ReviewWe replaced McAfee with Trend Micro OfficeScan as our anti-virus solution for endpoints.,It takes up less resources on the endpoint to run in real time. Easy to install and uninstall. Very easy to manage the endpoints from the console.,Add more features to the console.,9,There is a cost savings running Trend compared to our previous solution.,McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and Symantec Endpoint Protection,Malwarebytes, TeamViewer, ManageEngine Desktop CentralIt would be safer to use Windows ME than Trend MicroWe currently use Trend Micro company-wide to 'protect' all our end user systems. I use the management console to verify that clients are staying up to date with signatures and also stay live and connected. I also have used Trend for Mobile on a few phones. My file and DC are also 'protected' by Trend AV as well. I run weekly scans of the all network end points. I also get a weekly report from Trend Micro on any activity sent to my email.,Easy to install - via script or just manual install Run with little intervention once installed Seems to stick to its scheduled runs pretty well,Sucks at detecting virus - I've had a number of viruses in the last year and Trend Micro has discovered exactly zero. I have a Fortigate firewall with AV and it has caught all of my users' viruses. Reporting is garbage - I understand if there were no incidents for the week, but when your report just says N/A for every category that does tell me anything. Their dashboard, while well designed, provides no more information than their weekly reports. When I log in and see 'X' number of incidents, check the log and find zero listed - I don't know what that is telling [me]. Alerting - almost non-existent. In the 1 year, I've had it in my office, it has not once told me when a user has a virus. It does however FREQUENTLY tell me that a client has disconnected - 90% of the time it's because the user has not turned on their laptop in 2 days.,1,Waste of money - I'm lucky I didn't lose my job after paying for and installing this product which protected exactly none of my users.,Forticlient, Sophos and Webroot,FortiAP, Fortinet FortiGate, Meraki MS Switches, Cisco Meraki Wireless WAN, Lenovo Converged SystemGood AntivirusTrend Micro is being implemented by our infrastructure team to all company issued devices such as laptops and desktops across the whole organization. The key aspect that this product addresses is productivity. When computers are free from malware and various other viruses this increases the productivity of overall business. This is what this product helps with in general. When a machine gets affected by a virus, then fixing that takes extra time and especially if this happens during business hours; then most consultants can lose valuable billable time which affects the company's business. In a typical efficient scenario, Trend Micro needs to be installed in a centralized server in house and then all computers can receive the version update from the server and this helps to protect those machines from any kind of virus or malware attacks. The agent on every machine will notify users for any virus attacks or can also prompt for a user scan. This saves a lot of time even for the infrastructure team as they can focus on other major infrastructure related tasks or any other user pending issue and at the same time users can continue focusing on their job.,The product has two important aspects, centralized console and an agent which is typically installed on every machine. When the product is installed on a dedicated server then all computers can readily get updated while in the same network (provided the agent is installed on every machine). This helps the machine to avoid any kind of virus attacks. Even if the machines are not in the same network where the console is being run it can directly get all updates from the Trend Micro server directly and the machine is still protected. Hence, it is not necessary that users have to visit the office or internal network to get the update, once the agent is installed on the machine then they can get the update from anywhere as long as the machine has access to the Internet. Once the agent is installed on the machine the users can themselves do a full scan and even check the logs themselves.,Version update variation: If a computer gets updated from the centralized console and another machine gets updated in its agent version from the main Trend Micro server then sometimes it affects certain applications on the computer. Especially if there are additional VPN software agents installed on the machine then a version upgrade acquired by Trend Micro can affect the connectivity. This is tough seems like a faint issue but still needs to be addressed. Trend Micro does a great job in protecting the machines but still some malwares are difficult to get rid of - especially the ones that block internet usage or disable a browser completely. It may sound too ambitious but I feel that the web filtering (specially URL) needs to be integrated with the firewall especially open source ones like a Linux based. The centralized console provides web filtering but for this to happen one has to manually add the machines using their private IP addresses in the console to stop access to the specific URL or sites. Instead if the centralized console somehow integrates the filtering with the firewall (Open Source) then perhaps it will be far more efficient.,8,Increased employee efficiency is definitely one of the main reasons for using this product. A lot of valuable business hours can be saved by having this product as we all know that fixing virus issues involves more than technical expertise and takes a lot of time. If the employee efficiency improves then any employee facing the customer will have a much better impact and will automatically improve customer service. Having a computer in good condition is going to have a better customer service and it will also help to meet deadlines. The only negative impact I would say that it does affect other VPN agents (which is mandatory for certain client applications or accessing the client network) once the Trend Micro agent gets a version upgrade. On the other hand if the agents are not upgraded from time to time it may affect Trend Micro agents' functionality.,,100,2,Notifies the machines when a scan is needed. Removes most of the viruses. Scans can be scheduled.,Have tried the URL filtering from the console. The console shows the list of vulnerable machines. Log reports.,URL filtering is one area that can be used. Trend Micro smart network feedback could be a good thing to use in future. Login script feature could be one of the things that can be used.,8Trend Micro - Not perfect, but still leader of the packAs the IT Technical Lead for a medium sized company, we have tried out varying antivirus programs and while nothing is perfect, Trend seems to be the best product out there for our company. It is priced well, and we use it across our business. The management of the product is easy and the notifications are timely and helpful when a problem arises.,The ease of management of Trend is something that allows our IT department to setup new computers without having to worry about the version or settings that are pushed out to users. While no enterprise option is cheap, Trend is priced better than most, especially if you are coming from a competing program. We have had a good experience with Trend and its effectiveness in finding threats and notifying our admins of problems before it is an issue to the company.,The browser support is limited simply to Internet Explorer, so if you have linux admins or mac admins, they will not be able to manage the machines except through a VM or an RDP session. And if you use Chrome or Firefox as your primary browser, you are stuck with jumping back to IE for managing policies. Many of the more refined settings are buried extremely deep, causing you to look at multiple lists before finding settings you want, if they are there at all.,7,Our IT Team's time has been positively impacted by the introduction of Trend into our environment. We have used multiple other programs for this purpose, and this has been the most seamless and easy to use.,Symantec Enterprise,Kaspersky,8Bytesize Review of Trend MicroWe use it organization wide to address the security issues such as anti-virus and malware.,Easy to deploy Updates quickly throughout the installed base Effective tecnical support,SQL database connections could be improved as it is difficult to upgrade,10,Reduced time to clean up after infections Quick alerts of outbreaks Allowed us to avoid having to image machines for malware infections,,10TrendMicro OfficeScan gets the job doneWe utilize Trend Micro for an anti-virus and malware prevention tool. All user desktops are equipped with the software client along with my main servers. Trend Micro acts as a line of defense against threats my users face from the internet and malicious files.,Real time protection against viruses from local or network file sources. Real time protection against malicious file links. Real time protection against malware.,Would like to see even better protection against ransomware. Licensing can sometimes be confusing with all the different features.,8,Reliable solution for protecting client desktops- does the job well. Updates with latest signatures in a timely manner. Easy for users to start manual scans.,McAfee and AVG,Microsoft Office 2016, VMware ESXi, Microsoft SQL ServerA cheap AntivirusTrend Micro was our antivirus protection up until the last few months. It was installed on all machines (servers and computers) protecting against viruses, malware, trojans, etc.,Light in memory Easy to deploy Easy to configure,Virus protection is not very good with trend micro. It's in the bottom of the list in antiviruses comparison tests like: https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/avc_sum_201612_en.pdf Sometime, for no obvious reason the trend micro client stops working and is difficult to uninstall,4,A positive impact is that you don't need to allocate more memory or CPU than already exists on the servers The cost is totally affordable compared to other equivalent antivirus tools The protection is really transparent for users,Kaspersky Work Space SecurityOfficeScan 11 is Good if You Want to Host Your Own AV server.We are using Trend Micro OfficeScan to protect all client and server endpoints, inside and outside of our network. I have found the performance to be about average in terms of resources used and it seems to be effective at detecting viruses and malware and preventing spread of infection. We use it for Windows and Mac.,The UI for administration and setup is much better in version 11 than in previous versions, as it is more material in design and the dashboard is more customizable and clearly laid out. Deployment of the client is relatively easy and is offered in a few different methods, depending on your needs. UNC\E-mail\Web and offline installers. Detection seems to be good, as I haven't had any outbreaks in the 5 years I have been using the product. This includes previous versions.,The licensing of the product is overly-complex because they have so many product variations. The offline installer creation needs to be much simpler. Performance could use some improvement. I have found that some programs install just fine while Trend Micro OfficeScan is running and others require me to offload it, in order to install. The main indicator of this is extremely slow progress. Management of remote clients needs improvement. They must connect to the network where the OfficeScan server is located to be updated with policy information but do update from Trend Micro's servers for virus definitions and heuristics information. Documentation is sometimes confusing and gets mixed up with another product, which is for specifically for small business and I am never sure if it is accurate and applies to my product.,7,Trend Micro OfficeScan has allowed our company to get jobs done while being effective at detecting and removing or preventing viruses and malware from infecting and affecting our systems and data.,GFI Vipre and WebrootTrend Micro ReviewTrend Micro was used as a end point protection solution across our enterprise for both in house and remote locations. It handed our PC infection problems well.,Stopped drive by installs Stopped network viruses Decentralized software updating,Better zero day exploit protection,7,Kept traders online, that saved millions each year.,Solid corporate security suiteWe used Trend Micro at my previous job to protect all of our server, all of our user workstations, and to scan all emails going in and out of our email systems. It was used company wide, including at our retail lcoations and by our regional territory leaders on their laptops.,Updating OfficeScan was a very straightforward process The email scanning software always did a good job of catching malicious messages Our servers were very well protected using OfficeScan,The overall management interface took a while to get used to Initiating definition updates and scans from the client side could be tricky,7,Safe environment PCI compliance for up to date malware security,7
Trend Micro Apex One (formerly OfficeScan)

Trend Micro Apex One Reviews

Trend Micro Apex One
Filter 37 vetted Trend Micro Apex One reviews and ratings

Nathan Roberts profile photo
July 01, 2019

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "Apex One really is the apex of endpoint security"

• Centralized management: control all your users and see threat activity throughout your environment
  • Comprehensive security suite: I have been using Trend Micro products for nearly two decades and this is their most feature-packed security product ever
  • Minimal user impact: security solutions shouldn't disrupt work or annoy the user, just do their job in the background and only become apparent when warranted. Apex One accomplishes this beautifully.
  • Easy to use: it's an easy (and free) upgrade from OfficeScan, and even easier to deploy and use.
  • Inexpensive. Pricing is very competitive for what you get.
  • There has really not been anything about this product I haven't liked, believe it or not.
It's probably overkill for a really small office and it does take some skill to understand how to deploy and manage the product, so it's probably best implemented and managed by a consultant (if you have no on-premises IT) or an IT professional. Medium to large organizations will love this product and benefit most from the integration of solutions into a single product and the centralized management.
Read Nathan Roberts's full review
David Schwartz profile photo
June 20, 2019

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "Apex One -- All In One!"

Preface:
Use:
  • End point implementation: the roll-out of Trend Micro was extremely easy!
  • Server/Device policies: creating both endpoint and server device policies is something we were looking for in a system, since we have a variety of both endpoints with users, as well as several unattended servers needing specific limitations.
  • License Management: removing Trend Micro from machines before destruction or retirement is done in a pinch. There's no struggling to free up an unused license
  • Threat Removal: we've encountered several times when Trend Micro will point out some kind of threat, but lacks the ability to handle the removal itself, and typically still requires some kind of manual intervention.
  • It's small, but I do wish you could rename the endpoint agent names after they're assigned in the system.
  • Greater view and visibility into some of the standard reports offered would be nice.
Trend Micro is perfect for organizations who function well with cloud-hosted solutions and are looking for a new endpoint security client that's easy to implement and provides highly reliable security. Organizations with just 10 or 100 computers would benefit from Trend Micro.
Any company also on a budget will love Trend Micro, as the pricing is flexible and rather cheap for how much you're getting. If you love a good value then it's perfect!

Read David Schwartz's full review
Jorge Flores profile photo
March 28, 2019

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "With Trend Micro you will be safe without knowing that you are protected"

• Central Management
  • Light Client
  • Application Filtrer
  • More dlexibility for the end user to choose what to run or not.
  • Maybe more alerts in order to make it feel safe for the end user.
  • Lack of remote control to the clients
It's recommended for all Windows environments as the lack of protection can make you a victim of viruses or ransomware. Trend Micro keeps the DB up to date and clients can update it with a Windows login. Its footprint on your hardware resources is invisible as it doesn't use much space. The client is very light on the processor.
Read Jorge Flores's full review
Lee Ludlum profile photo
June 20, 2019

Review: "Trend Micro Apex One is one of the best and provides outstanding support."

• Stays on top of security threats.
  • Constantly pushing out updates to stay ahead of the bad guys.
  • I have not come across anything that needs improved.
It is a solution for your entire organization, for each and every endpoint.
Read Lee Ludlum's full review
Adam Barreno profile photo
May 25, 2018

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "Trend-micro does its job!"

• Protects against viruses
  • Protects User data
  • Protects email servers from spam and other harmful emails.
  • Tech support could be a little more customer friendly
  • More detailed report from users logs
  • Officescan is spotty sometimes will not reflect when users get stuff blocked
TM Endpoint Security is especially well suited for exchange spam control and antivirus to keep company data safe from viruses and mailware being sent with an email item. It has done the job well for the last 3 years we do not plan on moving away from it anytime soon.
Read Adam Barreno's full review
Breanna Walsemann profile photo
June 01, 2018

Trend Micro Apex One: "Trend Micro Review"

• Scans for viruses
  • Finds Trojans
  • Finds potential threats and quarantines them
  • Complete removal of the trojans and viruses
  • Assisting with older models of computers
  • Customer service
Trend Micro is well suited for companies with less active computer usage - it does well on a small scale version of a virus scanner but can be subpar when faced with more intelligent viruses.
Read Breanna Walsemann's full review
Tom Parker profile photo
February 28, 2018

Trend Micro Apex One: "Trend OfficeScan and Honest Review"

• It takes up less resources on the endpoint to run in real time.
  • Easy to install and uninstall.
  • Very easy to manage the endpoints from the console.
  • Add more features to the console.
Great anti-virus (AV) solution for enterprises.
Read Tom Parker's full review
Nathan Venno profile photo
September 15, 2017

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "It would be safer to use Windows ME than Trend Micro"

• Easy to install - via script or just manual install
  • Run with little intervention once installed
  • Seems to stick to its scheduled runs pretty well
  • Sucks at detecting virus - I've had a number of viruses in the last year and Trend Micro has discovered exactly zero. I have a FortiGate firewall with AV and it has caught all of my users' viruses.
  • Reporting is garbage - I understand if there were no incidents for the week, but when your report just says N/A for every category that does tell me anything.
  • Their dashboard, while well designed, provides no more information than their weekly reports. When I log in and see 'X' number of incidents, check the log and find zero listed - I don't know what that is telling [me].
  • Alerting - almost non-existent. In the 1 year, I've had it in my office, it has not once told me when a user has a virus. It does however FREQUENTLY tell me that a client has disconnected - 90% of the time it's because the user has not turned on their laptop in 2 days.
If zero was an option I would choose it - I would recommend any product over this one. With my experience, I have no idea how Trend Micro has ranked so highly on any report.
Read Nathan Venno's full review
Ratulsnigdha Saha profile photo
October 20, 2015

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "Good Antivirus"

• The product has two important aspects, centralized console and an agent which is typically installed on every machine. When the product is installed on a dedicated server then all computers can readily get updated while in the same network (provided the agent is installed on every machine). This helps the machine to avoid any kind of virus attacks.
  • Even if the machines are not in the same network where the console is being run it can directly get all updates from the Trend Micro server directly and the machine is still protected. Hence, it is not necessary that users have to visit the office or internal network to get the update, once the agent is installed on the machine then they can get the update from anywhere as long as the machine has access to the Internet.
  • Once the agent is installed on the machine the users can themselves do a full scan and even check the logs themselves.
  • Version update variation: If a computer gets updated from the centralized console and another machine gets updated in its agent version from the main Trend Micro server then sometimes it affects certain applications on the computer. Especially if there are additional VPN software agents installed on the machine then a version upgrade acquired by Trend Micro can affect the connectivity. This is tough seems like a faint issue but still needs to be addressed.
  • Trend Micro does a great job in protecting the machines but still some malwares are difficult to get rid of - especially the ones that block internet usage or disable a browser completely.
  • It may sound too ambitious but I feel that the web filtering (specially URL) needs to be integrated with the firewall especially open source ones like a Linux based. The centralized console provides web filtering but for this to happen one has to manually add the machines using their private IP addresses in the console to stop access to the specific URL or sites. Instead if the centralized console somehow integrates the filtering with the firewall (Open Source) then perhaps it will be far more efficient.
I think the product does have plenty of high end features but this product is more efficient for a small to medium business enterprise. It can affect other VPN agents installed on the machine especially if the Trend Micro agent picks up a version upgrade. Overall I think it is a good product and overall helps any business to run well.
Read Ratulsnigdha Saha's full review
Aaron Myers profile photo
July 22, 2014

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "Trend Micro - Not perfect, but still leader of the pack"

• The ease of management of Trend is something that allows our IT department to setup new computers without having to worry about the version or settings that are pushed out to users.
  • While no enterprise option is cheap, Trend is priced better than most, especially if you are coming from a competing program.
  • We have had a good experience with Trend and its effectiveness in finding threats and notifying our admins of problems before it is an issue to the company.
  • The browser support is limited simply to Internet Explorer, so if you have linux admins or mac admins, they will not be able to manage the machines except through a VM or an RDP session. And if you use Chrome or Firefox as your primary browser, you are stuck with jumping back to IE for managing policies.
  • Many of the more refined settings are buried extremely deep, causing you to look at multiple lists before finding settings you want, if they are there at all.
A small IT team is the best fit for this product where you don't have time to deal with refinements regarding antivirus. Larger teams have the time to really dial in the settings, but out of the box, Micro Trend has a good setup for tracking and monitoring problems. This has been a main reason why we haven't changed antivirus programs.
Read Aaron Myers's full review
Joe Barnett profile photo
July 28, 2014

Trend Micro Apex One: "Bytesize Review of Trend Micro"

• Easy to deploy
  • Updates quickly throughout the installed base
  • Effective tecnical support
  • SQL database connections could be improved as it is difficult to upgrade
Small business and personal home offerings would be easy to deploy.
Read Joe Barnett's full review
April 05, 2017

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "TrendMicro OfficeScan gets the job done"

• Real time protection against viruses from local or network file sources.
  • Real time protection against malicious file links.
  • Real time protection against malware.
  • Would like to see even better protection against ransomware.
  • Licensing can sometimes be confusing with all the different features.
Very well suited as a desktop client protection piece. Client updating is smooth along with installation. Not always appropriate for servers, but usually so.
March 20, 2017

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "A cheap Antivirus"

• Light in memory
  • Easy to deploy
  • Easy to configure
  • Virus protection is not very good with trend micro. It's in the bottom of the list in antiviruses comparison tests like: https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/avc_sum_201612_en.pdf
  • Sometime, for no obvious reason the trend micro client stops working and is difficult to uninstall
It doesn't load the machines too much so it is good if you don't have very powerful servers or computers. The recent version is maybe better, but the one before is definitely too old and not working as good as you would expect from a professional antivirus.
September 11, 2015

Trend Micro Apex One Review: "OfficeScan 11 is Good if You Want to Host Your Own AV server."

• The UI for administration and setup is much better in version 11 than in previous versions, as it is more material in design and the dashboard is more customizable and clearly laid out.
  • Deployment of the client is relatively easy and is offered in a few different methods, depending on your needs. UNC\E-mail\Web and offline installers.
  • Detection seems to be good, as I haven't had any outbreaks in the 5 years I have been using the product. This includes previous versions.
  • The licensing of the product is overly-complex because they have so many product variations.
  • The offline installer creation needs to be much simpler.
  • Performance could use some improvement. I have found that some programs install just fine while Trend Micro OfficeScan is running and others require me to offload it, in order to install. The main indicator of this is extremely slow progress.
  • Management of remote clients needs improvement. They must connect to the network where the OfficeScan server is located to be updated with policy information but do update from Trend Micro's servers for virus definitions and heuristics information.
  • Documentation is sometimes confusing and gets mixed up with another product, which is for specifically for small business and I am never sure if it is accurate and applies to my product.
If you want something that you can manage with little administration overhead once setup, this seems to be pretty good. The detection rate is good (according to people who test AV). Since version 11 has been a decent overhaul, I don't think I will look at competitors this year when my renewal comes up.
September 04, 2015

Trend Micro Apex One: "Trend Micro Review"

• Stopped drive by installs
  • Stopped network viruses
  • Decentralized software updating
  • Better zero day exploit protection
My best knowledge is end point protection where I would recommend it.
July 29, 2014

Trend Micro Apex One: "Solid corporate security suite"

• Updating OfficeScan was a very straightforward process
  • The email scanning software always did a good job of catching malicious messages
  • Our servers were very well protected using OfficeScan
  • The overall management interface took a while to get used to
  • Initiating definition updates and scans from the client side could be tricky
Is there any potentionally negative impact of installing Trend's software on your servers or workstations? How easy is it to add things like exclusion directories or files that you do not want to impact by active virus scanning?

Anti-Exploit Technology (3)
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (3)
Centralized Management (3)
10.0
Hybrid Deployment Support (3)
Infection Remediation (3)