Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
BigCommerce is one of a number of e-commerce revenue channels we pursue. Our organization is e-commerce based so BigCommerce is one element of that. Our products are primarily one-of-kind legacy technology pieces, such as laboratory equipment and, discontinued industrial spare parts. These ‘long-tail’ items require exposure through many different sales channels. BigCommerce provides us the platform for one of those channels.
- CSV imports
- In-depth support with our IT person: sometimes it appears to border on condensation. Not good. Not professional.
- We can’t get the Wordpress API to work. Appears that there’s not much real support behind it for small businesses. Disappointing since you’re flogging it as a real solution.
- Shopify is going to eat your lunch if you don’t continually add value to your customers. I haven’t seen any real big changes to the platform in all the years we’ve been using it. You better wake up. I’m not the only one that’s looking at them.
We sell lots of unique, individual items. BigCommerce isn’t designed for this type of business. Frankly, we haven’t seen a hosted e-commerce solution yet that is. We make do with BigCommerce. Might be worth your time exploring these sellers as new market opportunity- if you re-work your platform to accommodate our needs of course.
Not sure as that’s not my part of the business. But I’ve heard gripes from our side.
BigCommerce Feature Ratings
- Not much really. It’s a solid solution that will hold up if one doesn’t demand too much from it.
- If BigCommerce can commit to provide a stable Wordpress solution, we’d be very interested.