ScienceLogic is a Logical Choice
Updated March 03, 2021
ScienceLogic is a Logical Choice
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ScienceLogic SL1
We use ScienceLogic as our proactive monitoring platform for our core infrastructure devices, including our VMs, as well as all the devices for our managed customers. The monitoring notification system allows us to notify the key stakeholders, by email of any potential issues before it becomes critical. The flexibility of ScienceLogic is allowing us to tailor the monitoring of each device differently.
- Integrated with our existing environment
- No standard template
Yes - ScienceLogic replaced manual intervention, where we had a technician visually and manually monitoring our devices. ScienceLogic also replaced or will be replacing our current monitoring tool Zenoss. The latter was suited for standard devices and/or standard monitoring (e.g. CPU, memory, etc), however and with our involving technology, our customers were asking for more flexibility and more types of monitoring. This is where ScienceLogic came in, as it is allowing more customized monitoring.
ScienceLogic has allowed us to have a holistic view of our entire infrastructure. We definitely have an hybrid infrastructures, comprising internal data centers, private clouds and public cloud service. We have increased the number of devices, companies since we started using ScienceLogic. ScienceLogic has provided provide us with more flexibility and the potential for carving out the perfect environment for a company’s multifarious needs.
Yes, every new offering will be entirely on ScienceLogic and ServiceNow. Our sales and marketing teams have been trained and provided insight about ScienceLogic and its benefits to be presented to our new potential customers. All our new managed customer onboarding has been implemented in ScienceLogic, as well as any new core infrastructure devices have also been added to ScienceLogic.
These are the benefits we noticed for automating our monitoring through ScienceLogic:
- Improved security and compliance. Automatically record and audit all employee actions within a workflow, safeguard vital data, restrict access and roles of users and alert project owners when any problems arise.
- Centralized documents and access. With manual workflows, there’s no such thing as a centralized document database. However, with a single, unified database, documents, forms, workflow records, and other assets are readily available and never lost.
- Adoption without disruption. Adopting workflow automation allows for seamless integration with existing digital infrastructures and legacy systems. The right tool can stitch everything together and eliminate the need for multiple tracking systems.
- Improved teamwork and morale. A good workflow solution removes barriers to collaboration across teams and departments. By driving efficiencies so a team spends less time on manual tasks and more time on their actual jobs, workflow automation drives productivity, process value, and can actually inspire happier employees.
- Leveraged ScienceLogic to alert us before something happens
- Used ScienceLogic for login failure
Here are some of PROs and what ScienceLogic does better than our current system:
- More Visibility
- ScienceLogic can monitor Video Conference core devices and end-points
- ScienceLogic can monitor Public and Private Cloud devices
- ScienceLogic can monitor Applications running on VM's
- ScienceLogic can monitor our Storage devices (SAN)
- ScienceLogic provides us with a dashboard to view the Performance of Server Environment
ScienceLogic is well suited for standard monitoring of devices. The "Discovering" mode is great when we onboard new devices, physical or virtual devices, and capture the device name, type, and IPs from the getgo. We find that ScienceLogic is not as versatile when it comes to incorporating it with our different ticketing systems. We, unfortunately, have several ticketing systems still in production and used by different teams. We are trying to move it toward ServiceNow.
ScienceLogic SL1 Implementation
if we were to redo it, we would definitely engage a 3rd party company specialized in the implementataion and integration of ScienceLogic SL1. We took the out of the box product and tried to implemented to our envrionment. We struggled to integrated with our environment and our tools, as well as some limitation of ScienceLogic SL1 with some of our tools and ticketing system
- We received a demo from the ScienceLogic SL1 team
- Assessed our requirement
- We implemented for a few selected customer
- Reviewed the implementation and correct the issues
- pushed the ScienceLogic SL1 to a wide range of product and customers
- Observe and monitor ticket alarming output, as well as adjusted thresholds and/or surpressed some monitoring
- Provided training to all the teams
Change management was a minor issue with the implementation - Communication was key and to reach out to the all the skateholders. We have a really big organization and there is so many team involved, it was hard at the begining to get everyone on the same table and mindset. For example, a change might not affect our team, but had a big impact for another team. We had to include all the teams in our change management for the implementing ScienceLogic SL1
ScienceLogic SL1 Reliability
We are still farely new in ScienceLogic SL1 monitoring and we have not fully implemented it across all our customers and product porfolios. We still have a lot of work to be done in ScienceLogic SL1 to have it where we want to be, including implementing it on more product, as well as enhance it monitoring power with layer-x
Right now, ScienceLogic SL1 could get a performance boost, especially when querying for logs and alarms status. I understand that there is a complexe layer of integration happening, but i feel that our ScienceLogic SL1 could be a lot faster. It was even slower before we moved it to our enterprise network