Likelihood to Recommend
Deputy is very well suited to clocking in for remote work, as employees can just use their phone. A clock in terminal is available to use, but we don't use that. Phone clocking in may not be the best option for sites with more limited oversight.
If you are scheduling for more than 10 employees and their schedules vary greatly from week to week, then I would recommend HotSchedules. If you have less employees than 10 or if your schedule is the same from week to week, then I would not recommend HotSchedules for your business
- Easy timesheet entry and submittal
- Easy export to payroll provider
- Easy to copy and paste shifts when scheduling
- Easy for employees to swap shifts or claim open shifts
- HotSchedules tracks our labor hours and dollars. Being able to do quick labor analysis helps us make sure our pricing is in line with our estimates for clients.
- HotSchedules tracks our employee trainings. Because we are a third party audited food manufacturing facility, we have both formal certifications (CA Food Handler Cards) and monthly trainings on subjects such as Food Safety, GMP's, Pest Control, Allergen Control, HACCP and Sanitation. Being able to have a record easily accessible for each employee to prove to our auditors and keep those employees up to date with training is invaluable as an organizational tool.
- Removing an employee can be made easier. When shifts are scheduled for that employee it will make you manually delete all of the future shifts versus just opening them all.
- Customer service is terrible, when there is an issue you might not hear back for awhile if at all.
Professional in LegalLegal Services Company, 51-200 employees
- Configuration is key - there can be bumps after bringing a new business into HotSchedules so the terminology has to be different for each one.
- Scheduler - on the old one, there use to be a key that explained the hot keys, now its missing. Probably under Support, but it used to be on the scheduler screen.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 2 answers
Based on 1 answer
Timesheet tools often don't have the best usability for an outsider. Deputy bucks that trend. Everything is clean and simple in layout, and functionality is easy to identify. You don't have to waste too much time trying to find the tools you need.
Based on 12 answers
HotSchedules is a multitasking that allows you to have a good management in restaurants and keep everything organized, not only can you schedule and keep in touch, but also be able to manage the schedules or shifts of each staff and thus also carry out a record of work attendance. Despite all these characteristics, this platform facilitates its use through a simple and easy interface where an almost zero learning curve is required for any employee of the company, this saving time in being able to streamline the work process of managing the scheduling and shifts immediately.
Based on 1 answer
Deputy support is quick and responsive. We honestly haven't needed to reach out to their support much at all, but their live chat has been great in rare instances where we need some help.
Based on 4 answers
Always cheerful, informative, and educated staff. Each person seems to want to find a way to help us with any issues or questions we have. I love that all the staff is friendly and in a good mood when you call, I have never had a rep be unhelpful or short tempered, or ever less than accommodating to our needs!
Deputy allows for a more personalized user experience than Kronos. Notifies workers of their personal schedule for the following weeks (input by a manager). It allows users to view the work schedule of others on their team for that day, which can enable shift-swapping requests more easily.
Prior to HotSchedules we utilized an old school traditional Excel based scheduling system that was put out via email. The system was obviously time intensive and required constant updating, so when approached via HotSchedules Marketing we decided to give it a try and haven't looked back. If possible we are looking into incorporating it into use with our back of the house staff. One of the only limiting factors to HotSchedules and any similar scheduling system is that it is smart device based (cell phone/computer/tablet/etc.) and therefore the staff member must have access to these in order to use the service. Unfortunately even in 2017 not everyone has these/want and/or are willing to work with these devices. This can force a company into making decisions to not hire a potential employee do to incompatibility with how daily operations are run via scheduling.
Return on Investment
- Reduced payroll processing time greatly
- Reduced need for manager editing of timesheets because employees can do it themselves before submittal.
- Reduced confusion about shifts and schedule changes
- Saving time on scheduling means our managers can focus more on guest experience, managing the floor and other areas that contribute to the success of our business.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Deputy Editions & Modules
|Scheduling, Time and Attendance||$31|
- per user
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
HotSchedules Editions & Modules