Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
We use Deputy to on-board new employees, roster them on programs and export timesheets for payroll in Xero. It addresses our needs to keep an accurate and up-to-date roster system that does all the heavy lifting in communicating with our staff. It replaces the need for us to use a paper copy of our timesheets. Before using Deputy, it would take supervisors extra time to collate paper timesheets to send to the bookkeeper in order to do payroll.
- Ability to update and change the roster with the click of a button.
- Easy to access timesheets for staff.
- Ability to track different programs and locations within our business.
- I would love for Deputy to be able to calculate allowances - we currently have to do this manually.
- I would love to be able to edit the award rates for Saturdays and Sundays as we pay above the award rate.
- Saved time in processing payroll and associated admin.
- Improved accuracy of wage budgeting.
- Saved time and frustration clocking on and off for staff.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
Deputy has been one of the easiest systems to implement within the business. Staff find it easy to navigate and understand. It has reduced the amount of time spent troubleshooting and training as the system is intuitive and really easy to figure out. The additional support is quick and spot on in helping us solve any problems we have had.
Implementation was quick and easy. Many of our staff had already used the system in other jobs and loved the ease of use. My bookkeeper had already used it as well and so the process was pretty faultless.
Deputy is well suited to any business that needs to have a dynamic roster for their staff. It is well suited when you make many last minute changes to the roster, saving you time manually emailing or notifying staff of changes or shift availability. It is perfect for keeping track of job costing within different departments (or for us different programs and locations). It integrates well with our accounting system, Xero.
4 - Time management, budgeting, technical problem solving, organizational processing
- Timesheet tracking of locations and programs.
- Ensuring staff ratios are met.
- Recording volunteers with empty shifts.
- Recording the presence of volunteers without having to pay additional fees to them.
Evaluating Deputy and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Reputation
We trialed Deputy on recommendation from casual staff who used it for clocking in and out of other jobs. It was exactly what we were looking for as we were expanding.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No, we have only required support for small problems that have always been resolved promptly.
Deputy responded to a query that I had about syncing my accounting app to the timesheets. I had someone on the support chat helping me through every step and we found the issue within five minutes. They stepped me through the process to isolate the problem in a way that was easy to understand.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Rostering and duplicating shifts.
- Timesheet approval.
- Exporting timesheets to Xero.
- Updating payrates.