Akken ReviewWe use AkkenCloud on a daily basis, all the time at our organization. As a staffing agency, we use it for candidates, companies, job orders, etc. It is being used by the entire organization and it addresses many problems - it helps us to keep track of all candidates and it provides a place that we can look, remotely or at work, for notes on everyone and everything.,Notes about candidates are the most helpful because as a recruiter, we talk to so many people a day that it is common to forget the details of some conversations. Being able to notify other people in the organization about notes that are put in is very beneficial if the note needs to be in the system and someone should know about it! Being able to open "candidates" or "job orders" or something else in a new tab is great because then we can have the inbox open while also the candidate notes open, for example.,Akken logs me out ALL the time, which is extremely frustrating. Sometimes Akken takes a very long time to post a note about a candidate, job, or something else.,9,I think it has greatly improved our customer service in the sense that we can quickly look back on a candidate and remember the exact conversation we had with them by looking at the notes.,,8,6Akken ReviewI used AkkenCloud when I was a recruiter at The Liberty Group. It was our candidate/employee and client database and was used company-wide.,Applicant Tracking - good central system for all applicant tracking information User Friendly - AkkenCloud was user friendly and easy to use. CRM Groups - I really enjoyed the ability to set up CRM groups to add my employees to.,I had issues with AkkenCloud randomly shutting down. Payroll - AkkenCloud wasn't as user friendly when I was trying to input time and process payroll.,8,I'm unfamiliar with the ways AkkenCloud affected positively or negatively affected our overall business objectives. For my position, AkkenCloud served it's purpose.,,5Akken Cloud - great client supportAkkenCloud was used to track candidates and positions. It gave us a centralized database for candidates.,Easy to learn Intuitive to use Customer Service is outstanding.,Campaign management Blast email capability is not intuitive.,9,Did not measure that.,Akken review from a 16 year recruiter and ownerWe are an IT and engineering staffing firm. We use the product as our applicant tracking system. As well as our email interface. We use Akken as our one source business APS and web site.,The email interface is easy to use. I'd prefer if it pushes the email quicker. But it works well. The job posting to website interface and ability is very easy and works extremely well. The candidate and client database is very easy to use and works perfectly. The tie in from company to contact to job order is very easy.,When a candidate applies via applicant tracking, there is a glitch that you have to submit that candidate a different way than other candidates by using the applied function, then submitting from there. That is a glitch that should be fixed. You should be able to submit the same way and allow the system to track that he was a candidate from applicant tracking. The new alerts from notes works well. The only change I would make is it is rather slow to attach a note now since the new messages have been added to notes. Email should be a bit quicker. Rather than going to the server every 5 minutes, it should pull much quicker. That ability is rather easy to fix. Especially since we receive emails on our phone much quicker than we receive from Akken.,8,Better applicant tracking. Works extremely well to keep our candidates organized and easily submit and track our candidates through the interviewing process. Employees and on point quicker. They have a task bar to accomplish every day. The increase in resumes coming from our website has been unbelievable since we added the ability to publish our job orders from Akken to our site.,,9Team work from multiple locations with even more efficiency.AkkenCloud is being used by our whole company to manage vast amounts of data related to employees, contacts, customers, vendors and billing. It provides a "one stop" place to seek all information for application.,Automatically keeps a record of activities such as email conversations related to a candidate. Time and date stamp on events logged to a candidate and customer is a great resource. Completing full company profiles with all contacts is very helpful for later efficiency.,The fact that you can't copy and paste from one email message over to a new email message you are composing is a huge downfall. The task and calendar features don't seem as easy to use as Microsoft Outlook. If the calendar would sync to Google that would be awesome!,8,Definite increase in employee efficiency. Allows team to work in many offsite locations without impact to the process or work flow.,,9,3,1,Billing Employee Management Recordkeeping,Run reports by request from customers regarding invoice history.,Calendaring Employee reviews,No,Product Features Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,Reviews are much quicker to complete on the job when you can click on the circles under the scale "Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree".,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,Cut and paste feature not available,6,8,No,I reported a problem with an Akken server not processing an outgoing email message. I requested assistance online with a job ticket and I received a reply email within minutes. Akken checked their server status and replied with steps to address our issue.,Attach activity and email correspondence directly to a candidate or company.,Composing the same email to two or more separate recipients. The text cannot be copied and pasted to a new email. Creating tasks and calendar entries is not a straightforward process.,Yes,8
AkkenCloud

AkkenCloud Reviews

AkkenCloud
Filter 9 vetted AkkenCloud reviews and ratings
Lisa Marcus profile photo
November 11, 2015

AkkenCloud: "Akken Review"

• Notes about candidates are the most helpful because as a recruiter, we talk to so many people a day that it is common to forget the details of some conversations.
  • Being able to notify other people in the organization about notes that are put in is very beneficial if the note needs to be in the system and someone should know about it!
  • Being able to open "candidates" or "job orders" or something else in a new tab is great because then we can have the inbox open while also the candidate notes open, for example.
  • Akken logs me out ALL the time, which is extremely frustrating.
  • Sometimes Akken takes a very long time to post a note about a candidate, job, or something else.
AkkenCloud is used basically every second at our organization and I believe it would come in very handy at a staffing organization however, it might not be the best for companies that only use it sometimes.
Read Lisa Marcus's full review
Kirah Terlip profile photo
November 21, 2014

AkkenCloud: "Akken Review"

• Applicant Tracking - good central system for all applicant tracking information
  • User Friendly - AkkenCloud was user friendly and easy to use.
  • CRM Groups - I really enjoyed the ability to set up CRM groups to add my employees to.
  • I had issues with AkkenCloud randomly shutting down.
  • Payroll - AkkenCloud wasn't as user friendly when I was trying to input time and process payroll.
AkkenCloud was definitely a positive experience for me. My position at The Liberty Group was my first position as a recruiter so AkkenCloud was my first introduction to any kind of Applicant Tracking software. My experience with AkkenCloud was positive, the system was easy to use.
Read Kirah Terlip's full review
Jill Scott profile photo
March 02, 2015

AkkenCloud Review: "Akken Cloud - great client support"

• Easy to learn
  • Intuitive to use
  • Customer Service is outstanding.
  • Campaign management
  • Blast email capability is not intuitive.
I think AkkenCloud is appropriate for any small to medium sized business.
Read Jill Scott's full review
Jamie Burchell profile photo
September 19, 2014

AkkenCloud: "Akken review from a 16 year recruiter and owner"

• The email interface is easy to use. I'd prefer if it pushes the email quicker. But it works well.
  • The job posting to website interface and ability is very easy and works extremely well.
  • The candidate and client database is very easy to use and works perfectly. The tie in from company to contact to job order is very easy.
  • When a candidate applies via applicant tracking, there is a glitch that you have to submit that candidate a different way than other candidates by using the applied function, then submitting from there. That is a glitch that should be fixed. You should be able to submit the same way and allow the system to track that he was a candidate from applicant tracking.
  • The new alerts from notes works well. The only change I would make is it is rather slow to attach a note now since the new messages have been added to notes.
  • Email should be a bit quicker. Rather than going to the server every 5 minutes, it should pull much quicker. That ability is rather easy to fix. Especially since we receive emails on our phone much quicker than we receive from Akken.
Akken works very well with every browser, which is a huge selling point for us since we are a Mac shop. The selling point I would add is that it works better on Firefox, which is one of the most secure browsers on the internet. Bullhorn and other competitors do not work on Firefox.
Read Jamie Burchell's full review
September 29, 2014

AkkenCloud Review: "Team work from multiple locations with even more efficiency."

• Automatically keeps a record of activities such as email conversations related to a candidate.
  • Time and date stamp on events logged to a candidate and customer is a great resource.
  • Completing full company profiles with all contacts is very helpful for later efficiency.
  • The fact that you can't copy and paste from one email message over to a new email message you are composing is a huge downfall.
  • The task and calendar features don't seem as easy to use as Microsoft Outlook.
  • If the calendar would sync to Google that would be awesome!
The software is best suited for anyone reviewing and hiring candidates.
September 26, 2014

"Straightforward review of my AkkenCloud experience."

AkkenCloud is used throughout our whole organization. It is our primary CRM system and keeps track of all of our clients and candidates. As far as addressing problems, it allows us to keep track of everything digitally, which is a plus.
  • AkkenCloud has great customer service. When we have a problem, they are quick to take the steps to solve it. Also, if an issue is beyond their control, they will inform us and make recommendations on how to solve the issue.
  • The home screen contains very useful information and can be customized to each individuals preferences. This allows quick access to tasks performed daily.
  • Overall, the tool is very user friendly. It requires minimal ramp up time in order to get comfortable with the tool.
  • I would like the ability to color coordinate my calendar. Currently the only option is blue (and red if I have not accepted the invite).
  • There are times when the system crashes for seemingly no reason. This can be frustrating.
  • It's not always easy to identify when there are multiple entries made into the system.
AkkenCloud would be an appropriate CRM system for anybody in the recruiting industry.

Job Requisition Management (1)
Company Website Posting (1)
Publish to Social Media (1)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Candidate Search (1)
Applicant Tracking (1)
Collaboration (1)
Task Creation and Delegation (1)
Email Templates (1)
User Permissions (1)
Notifications and Alerts (1)
Reporting (1)

About AkkenCloud

AkkenCloud is a cloud-based ATS developed by Akken Inc in New Hampshire. This product offers the full suite of features typical of applicant tracking systems:

• A user-friendly interface and mobile device integration
  • Batch or mass communication with potential candidates via multiple channels such as email or by leveraging its integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn)
  • Instantaneous posting to multiple job boards
  • Job alerts and category sorted RSS feeds of jobs
  • Career page customization through their partnership with Haley Marketing
  • Resume parsing
  • Data and document uploading
  • A smart referral tracking and management program that allows recruiters to set specific referral awards and bonuses for varying roles.

The vendor says that its analytic capabilities allow for total control of the recruiting process. AkkenCloud's Front Office edition houses its ATS features. The All In edition contains the Front Office capabilities and combines them with the capabilities of the Back Office edition into one single offering. Transitioning and implementation is supported via live business hours customer support, weekly webinars, and video tutorials. A free live demonstration is available to familiarize potential buyers with the platform.