BindHQ

BindHQ Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

December 18, 2020

BindHQ Review

BindHQ is used across the whole organization. BindHQ is the main platform where we track our business. It provides a program that is both efficient and user friendly for our employees.
  • The search function does particularly well. Not just in finding policies but in providing categories like payments, receipts, suppliers, agencies, etc.
  • There are multiple report functions that allow for exportation to CSV. These can be opened in excel to assist in back-up and tracking.
  • The team behind BHQ is very open to suggestions in functionality to help make our job easier and improve functionality.
  • An idea to help reduce time would be for contact information to be readily available. Most times you must hunt for this information. It is in one place, but even w/ a link that goes to the agency, then to the contacts screen so much time could be saved if that information was on each policy. It adds up with all the time it takes to point and click over and over again.
  • An option to set up an auto-ran report daily so it does the little things for you and emails it to you or provides a notification in BHQ.
  • Though it is great it exports to excel. It would also be great if you could run reports that appear with-in BHQ providing hyperlinks to policies and allow you to set up tasks for follow-ups all on one screen. It would be great if we could sort and organize it too. Right now, there is a lot involved in doing this. The internal report would need to have: Policy #/Insured(hyperlink), Eff/Exp date of policy, producer name, due date, balance due.
  • Allow multiple NOC’s to be issued for different reasons and show what kind of NOC has been issued at the top. When issuing NOR it should auto-populate the effective date as most times than not there is not a lapse.
BindHQ is great for the insurance industry. Scenarios in which it is used in accounting:
1. Looking up policies and seeing if they have been paid.
2. Sending out statements and allowing for review of those statements in an organized function. It provides Agency Bill/Direct Bill, Receivables/Payables, Open/Closed. 3. It allows for us to post/offset and make decisions based on producer, carriers, finance companies and agents directions.

Scenarios where it is less appropriate.
1. Outside of the insurance field. But just saying that as for right now. It does not mean that this kind of platform is not usable for other industries, but it would need to be modeled to fit each industry. It has all the core structures needed to help organize and run a business.
BindHQ is our platform for filing and clearing accounts and so much more. It is arguably the most important tool we use on a day to day basis. Scottish American uses it across the entire organization as it is the place where producers, producers in training, assistants, support roles, and management can all access information. Whether it is production goals for an office, individual team or renewal retention for a producer in training such as myself; we use it as a metric and an "at a glance" tool to gauge where we are for that week, month, quarter etc. BindHQ enables us to work cohesively with people around the country/world by giving us one destination to service and underwrite accounts.
  • The option for us to CC the BindHQ email to file our correspondence with agents, carriers etc. is my first point for convenience. It is important for us to document just about every piece of every conversation we have and that option makes it seamless to operate efficiently and diligently.
  • It is easy to navigate. Simple as that. The layout is aesthetic and well spaced. The pertinent information pertaining to individual accounts is accessible and placed right across the top of the page.
  • The ability to move from the current account to an expired account or the other way toward the renewal is very helpful. Often we need to access the previous years information and being able to do that just with a simple drop down at the top of the page makes it quick.
  • The search function is too picky. For example if I were to search "Grapevine" but made a simple typo such as "Grapevinee" the account would be nowhere to be found. In a world with similar named insureds and countless policy numbers we need a little bit of room for error when tracking down accounts by name. In a crunch an agent will call and give us an account name such as "The Chill Bar" but if the named insured is entered as "John Hancock dba The Chill Bar" the search will often come up empty.
  • The inability to alter or correct the email subject line after 15 minutes. The 15 minute window is great to correct some information or alter it as new information becomes available, but I don't understand the time limit. Additionally, if you were not the sender of the email you cannot amend it at all. As a team we all work out of the same files and cohesively so sometimes the need to reword some of our files is necessary but unavailable.
  • There will be periods of time where our emails to not print into the file. It won't last all that long but emails missing from the file can result in issues for us down the road. Not only do we need to keep clean files for legal purposes but also for account clarification as we continue to work and underwrite the risk.
  • Occasionally, we will be unable to build quotes in BindHQ. It is usually resolved within the hour but we often find ourselves needing to offer a quote in a shorter time frame than that. The support getting this resolved is swift but the issue remains.
This is a tough question as there have been zero scenarios in my work day/experience where I would say it was not suited for the situation.
Daniel Ginden | TrustRadius Reviewer
Scottish American is using BindHQ throughout the entire organization as each department can work simultaneously on a particular account from start to finish. The platform features are time saving in the workflow process by allowing single entry of documents on any account and not requiring individual downloads thus speeding up the quoting process on the front end.
  • Production Reporting - The BindHQ production feature is a quick and easy way to review the entire organization's monthly production and it allows each individual to track their own personal goals in real time
  • Organization - The system provides a very clean and detailed file so not only can our production teams/underwriters have easy access to any document at anytime, it also allows for simple company partner audits
  • Rating option directly from account input - I would like to see this feature launched so that we could have a single entry feature that can obtain rates from multiple carriers
  • Bdx Reporting - This would help with binding authority business, especially when a monthly report must be sent to a carrier partner
BindHQ would be well suited for any organization that works on a high volume of accounts that needs to streamline their workflow process to become more efficient
BindHQ “BHQ” is being used by our entire organization. In the accounting department. It is used in many ways such as applying deposits, cutting checks and reconciling monthly bank statements. BHQ competes against the static server-based legacy systems with a mobile, cloud-based system that allows an individual & team to work remote (particularly important in these times).
  • UX - User friendly layout in particular the search feature – BHQ offers a modern 21st century take on an insurance system with users quickly and intuitively picking up the key functions of BHQ. I particularly love the robust search function. I use it daily to track down accounting information such as check #’s, vendors, & memos.
  • Bank Reconciliation – The bank reconciliation module has saved me tremendous time (no excel recs!), plus it is super simple. Just select the bank account, the date, and final balance then it is point & click for the reconciled items. I particularly appreciate pulling a .csv file to review those large cumbersome deposits that have over 100+ entries to them.
  • Bill Payment – It is quick and easy to handle bill payments to vendors from selecting the vendor to choosing your expense GL and finally payment options. It is simple & clean.
  • Bill Credits – Currently in BHQ, a bill credit is separate from creating a regular bill, but I think an option to directly create a bill credit from the bill expense (click an option menu and click “create bill credit”) would save time & reduce errors.
  • Bank Reconciliation – Currently in BHQ, a voided receipt/payment in the bank reconciliation module is not highlighted as voided. So, when an item is in doubt, one would have to directly look at each item to confirm if voided or not. If BHQ could highlight or mark a voided receipt/payment in the bank reconciliation module that would allow me to quickly zero out the voided item and its respective void.
  • Accounting & Finance Reports – Currently BHQ offers a variety of financial reports, but I would love to see reports further enhanced, particularly the 1099 report. I think it would be helpful for the 1099 report to pull a notes section to act as reminder for special cases such as agents wanting 1099’s mailed to a different address on file.
BHQ is well suited for the current economical situation as it is a mobile, lightweight program that is suitable for use in the office, at home, or on the go! BHQ is also well suited for team collaboration, for example, when I am trying to resolve an issue with a team member. I can quickly share the link to the bill, payment, or vendor at hand to get on the same page, discuss and resolve the issue.
10 - The support team offers quick assistance while providing tangible resolutions.
I can only speak to my use of BHQ as a Producer/Underwriter, but it’s been a game-changer as our book continues to grow (switched from AMS360/ImageRight). All departments (production, claims, accounting, etc.) seem to collaborate and work through the platform without issues. In my experience, BHQ has been a great solution for challenges my team and I have faced surrounding reliability and "portal fatigue" when multiple systems are meshed together (e.g. Salesforce and AMS360). It's been convenient having all the essential features I use in a variety of different programs and applications in one central platform. I have yet to experience any serious system outages or debilitating issues that knock our teams offline for hours at a time (*Knock on wood*).
  • Reliability: Over the past two years, my team and I have only run into a few small issues (commission wasn’t automatically populating on the submission file for our products, etc.)
  • User-friendly: we have several Lloyd’s products we underwrite and issue through the system and it normally takes me less than 10 minutes to create the submission file, underwrite, select forms, and issue a formal quote for an account. This turnaround speed has turned into a serious competitive advantage for my team and me and has been an asset getting us in the door with new agency partners.
  • Flexibility: I travel a lot either visiting agencies or taking full advantage of the freedom of working remotely. Being able to access BHQ from nearly any device makes it easy to use between devices, whether it be at my home office, on the road, or on a chairlift (I'm an avid skier).
  • The system is relatively young and accommodates basic reporting features at the moment. For example, currently, I'm not able to produce agency-level and account level data using reporting tool, which makes reviewing an individual agency partners performance a little more challenging. However, the support desk willl send me custom reports if I communicate what I need.
  • In the past, the support team has been less than responsive but they have improved over the last 6 months.
The system is very reliable and user-friendly. I seldom encounter issues that require immediate technical support. Although the support team was not super responsive in the past, the bugs and Issues we experienced caused only minor inconveniences and were resolved in a timely manner all things considered.
It was hit-or-miss in the past but they seem to have taken steps to improve this. As of the past 6 months, they've been pretty quick to patch bugs and fix issues when we report them.

BindHQ Scorecard Summary

What is BindHQ?

BindHQ is a SaaS technology platform that provides the software, tools, and insights used by MGAs, MGUs & Wholesale Brokerages to supercharge their performance.

As an all-in-one cloud-based solution, BindHQ enables its users to work any time, anywhere, and on any device, and provides configurable business user workflows that reflect how specialty insurance intermediaries need to conduct business in the 21st century.

Core Features include:
  • Policy Management
  • Workflow Management
  • Accounting & Compliance
  • Program Management
  • Policy Issuance
  • Open API
BindHQ platform currently processes over $400 million in transactions each year for some of North America's fastest growing insurance wholesale intermediaries.

BindHQ Features

• Supported: Policy Administration
  • Supported: Workflow Management
  • Supported: Accounting & Compliance
  • Supported: Program Management & Policy Issuance - 'Rate, Quote, Bind, Issue'
  • Supported: Open APIs