Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) Reviews

Melissa Ferro | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 28, 2020

Dude Solutions Help Desk is basic

Dude Solutions Help Desk is used in our school district for both maintenance work requests and scheduling building use. Individuals in-district are required to put in a work order request for building maintenance including housekeeping, electrical, carpentry, general maintenance, heating/cooling, etc. Groups in our district as well as outside of the district are scheduled to use our building facilities through Dude Solutions Help Desk as well.
  • For maintenance requests, Dude Solutions Help Desk documents the request and then allows the custodial staff to record updates for the staff member to see. So, the request and solution are available for all parties involved.
  • For building use, I find some of the features helpful including the ability to see if what you are looking for is available before you book it.
  • Overall, Dude Solutions Help Desk is not difficult to use.
  • The overall look of Dude Solutions Help Desk could be more aesthetically pleasing with more options for selections. Of course, my district could have chosen the set up so I'm not sure if that is a fair statement.
  • The schedule request could use some more information and a calendar so I can see what is available before I choose my date, time, and location in the building. Dude Solutions Help Desk will tell me if my choice is not available, but it does not give me an overview of the calendar.
For the basic functions that Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) provides, I would say that it has a decent set up for both maintenance and building use request systems. Overall, I do not find it overwhelmingly outstanding, but it does serve its purpose.
Read Melissa Ferro's full review
January 17, 2020

Dude Solutions Not Helpful

We use Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) for maintenance requests as well as Help Desk tickets. Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) is used throughout our district to help manage maintenance issues in the building, such as problems with an entry door or repairs needed throughout the building. Our district also uses the IT request tool, where users can enter requests for assistance from our technology department for a variety of issues.
  • Pre-fills information into the form.
  • Can customize locations and areas in buildings.
  • The overall user interface is bland.
  • Switching to the IT application takes opens in another tab.
For maintenance requests, Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude is OK; however, I do not recommend it for the IT area. The IT ticket system is not user-friendly or intuitive. I consider myself to be tech-savvy and find it hard to teach myself how to use it. I don't use it often, as I don't get many tickets assigned to me, so I don't have as much experience with it as some others in my department. I have used other ticketing systems in the past, and this one is not as easy to use.
April 04, 2019

SchoolDude is the go-to!

SchoolDude is used in our school district to submit maintenance requests or work orders. It is primarily used by secretaries submitting requests on behalf of staff in their buildings. Sample requests may be to fix a water fountain or sink, move furniture, or install something new. We find the help desk easy to use and organize, and the email confirmations are great for keeping track.
  • Great for organization and submitting detailed requests
  • Extremely easy to use
  • Mobile ability makes access remote and simple
  • The interface could use some updating to make it more modern
  • Fewer clicks to complete tasks
SchoolDude has been great for us to easily submit maintenance requests, keep them organized for tracking, and simple for staff to view and respond to.
January 25, 2019

SchoolDude Simplifies Work Orders

SchoolDude is currently being used by my district for work orders. These can be from maintenance or Information Technology request. It makes it really easy to request assistance. The entire organization is using this to organize work orders. Once you turn it in, you will receive a confirmation and updates up until the completion of the work order.
  • Ease of use to request assistance.
  • Many categories to choose from so that the worker will easily know what is wrong and where they need to go to help.
  • The ability to upload a picture to give a description of the issue from computer viruses to leaky ceiling tiles.
  • Needs an updated design.
  • Some of the options for IT are older... this may be district-based though.
  • I would like to bookmark the IT tab on my dashboard since it is used the most.
SchoolDude is very efficient and gets the job done. It is the quickest and simplest way to track work orders. I enjoy being able to see the history of work orders to make sure I place in work orders and can see when they are completed. It provides a clear cut way to document issues and solutions within the building.

Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) Scorecard Summary

About Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude)

Dude Solutions offers their IWMS and facilities management applications and technology for educational institutions; formerly under the name of SchoolDude, Dude Solutions offers Dude Solutions Help Desk as a complete ticketing system, as well as Dude Solutions Insight for asset discovery and tracking, and Capital Forecasting for investment management data and analytics.

Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) Technical Details