https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Vi/MH/FME82UOZ8PHJ.pngKareo Practice ManagementAs a billing manager, I use Kareo on a daily basis along with my co-worker. We use it to file all of our medical claims. It is very user-friendly and they always keep improving all aspects of the software. It supplies us with easy to read A/R reports so that we stay up to date on our claim filing which allows us to follow up on unpaid claims. We are also able to send patient statements using Kareo.,Kareo stays up to date on insurance changes which allow for smooth transitions. Kareo asks for feedback and has a place to go and request changes or additions that would make our job easier. I love that you can submit a help ticket or call, if you prefer, with any questions or problems that you may have. They are always very prompt with their follow up.,I do like that you can import reports to Excel, unfortunately when you do it reverts everything to text. You have to manually go in and change the format and redo all the formulas. I would like this be more user friendly. I do like the custom report function, however I have never gotten it to work. You have to download an add-in program but it didn't work either. Several patients ask for a summary of charges and amounts paid by them for the year so they can use for tax purposes. The closest report for this does not give a date range as a choice. It only does by case and most cases go through to the new year. I would like to see this as an option. The only report that does have this has way too much info and would be pages and pages long. I can import to Excel but then I have to reformat and update formulas. (See Above),10,It has dramatically reduced staffing needs. With all the automation it has saved us money on extra staff. Claim filing is so quick and easy it takes much less time to get the claims filed and paid.,BrickMed,WebPT,Physical therapy / rehab,2-5 practitionersKareo is a solid billing system for medical practices!Our claim information is transferred from WebPT to Kareo where we handle the billing of both insurance and patients. Kareo is used by the admin staff to monitor, collect and process payments. I use it the most often as I handle all patient accounts. They do a great job of helping us track and collect in a timely manner.,The arrangements with clearinghouses make most electronic billing a breeze. Then it automatically drops all paper claims to a pile that makes us able to easier send paper claims. The reports I can run make it easy to zone in on claims that need special attention. I like how I can easily see the open balance on an account when applying a payment so I know if it is good to settle or needs more attention.,Kareo support is not the most timely. I have to wait far longer too many days than I should when the occasional problem arises. Kareo does not have a connection with one certain clearing house (Jopari )that would make me able to submit some additional claims electronically. Kareo used to have the ability to have an expected amount for each insurance in a table that let me know instantly if one particular payment paid less than expected. They took away that tool.,8,By supplying our office with reports that help us zero in on problem claims, I can get money in the bank faster. The speed and ease of claim submission definitely benefits our clinic revenue.,Compulink,Microsoft Office 365,Physical therapy / rehab,6-10 practitionersKareo billing will make you a billion!....well not quiteI am the billing manager for our company. I had previously had no experience with the billing aspect of a medical company. The Kareo medical billing system was very easy to navigate and the customer service team made it easy to get answers to my questions if any arose. It takes the guesswork out of the process. If something is entered incorrectly, it alerts you before you send it off to the insurance company and therefore cuts down on denied claims. All of our team members use Kareo, whether for scheduling clients, checking on their client accounts or simply looking at their daily schedule. This product is extremely user-friendly and I would, and have, recommended it to others.,As I stated before, Kareo will alert you if you have input something in incorrectly. This saves valuable time in not having claims denied and then having to fix the problem and rebill. Kareo makes it easy to print reports at the end of the year for our clients to use in filing their taxes.,It would be nice to be able to understand the rejections on claims a bit better. It sometimes doesn't give us full sentences explaining the rejection.,10,Kareo has had a big impact on our ROI. Our collection capture has increased since implementing Kareo.,,Occupational medicine,6-10 practitionersKareo Medical Billing - Even for Those With Zero Billing Experience!We use Kareo Medical Billing to manage all of our billing for occupational and speech therapy outpatient rehabilitation services. Having no prior billing experience in private practice, Kareo has provided me with excellent customer service and education to allow me to manage this aspect of my business independently.,Customer service Follow-up calls and emails to assess for satisfaction Excellent onboarding,The process of gaining ERA status with insurance companies has become a little more tedious since I started 3 years ago.,10,Learning how to do the billing myself has allowed me to gain the confidence and knowledge to run this aspect of my business until we expand to a size where we need a part or full-time biller. It has saved me money!,,WebPT,Physical therapy / rehab,2-5 practitionersKareo is very user friendly and easy to learn!We use Kareo at our physical therapy private practice for our medical billing software. Our account and office managers use it daily to process billing for us. We have been using it for the last 10 years.,Ease of use, very user friendly. Easy to customize for what reports you need. Easy to see your collections for each month.,Customer service isn't the best. Price, our prices continue to go up. Our EMR transfer to Kareo sometimes has problems, requiring re-billing or calling customer service.,8,Kareo is our billing software, so we need it to get paid! It helps with our collection process. Again it continues to raise its costs, we are a smaller clinic so we are currently looking for another software.,,WebPT,Physical therapy / rehab,2-5 practitioners
Kareo Medical Billing

Kareo Medical Billing Reviews

Kareo Medical Billing
Filter 6 vetted Kareo Medical Billing reviews and ratings
Dana Holguin profile photo
February 13, 2018

Kareo Medical Billing Review: "Kareo Practice Management"

• Kareo stays up to date on insurance changes which allow for smooth transitions.
  • Kareo asks for feedback and has a place to go and request changes or additions that would make our job easier.
  • I love that you can submit a help ticket or call, if you prefer, with any questions or problems that you may have. They are always very prompt with their follow up.
  • I do like that you can import reports to Excel, unfortunately when you do it reverts everything to text. You have to manually go in and change the format and redo all the formulas. I would like this be more user friendly.
  • I do like the custom report function, however I have never gotten it to work. You have to download an add-in program but it didn't work either.
  • Several patients ask for a summary of charges and amounts paid by them for the year so they can use for tax purposes. The closest report for this does not give a date range as a choice. It only does by case and most cases go through to the new year. I would like to see this as an option. The only report that does have this has way too much info and would be pages and pages long. I can import to Excel but then I have to reformat and update formulas. (See Above)
As a physical therapy group, we are a little different than most doctor and hospital offices. We see patients 2 and 3 times a week for several weeks and then may never see the patient again. So I feel it is a great fit for our clinic.
Read Dana Holguin's full review
Heather Hackworth profile photo
February 14, 2018

Kareo Medical Billing Review: "Kareo is a solid billing system for medical practices!"

• The arrangements with clearinghouses make most electronic billing a breeze. Then it automatically drops all paper claims to a pile that makes us able to easier send paper claims.
  • The reports I can run make it easy to zone in on claims that need special attention.
  • I like how I can easily see the open balance on an account when applying a payment so I know if it is good to settle or needs more attention.
  • Kareo support is not the most timely. I have to wait far longer too many days than I should when the occasional problem arises.
  • Kareo does not have a connection with one certain clearing house (Jopari )that would make me able to submit some additional claims electronically.
  • Kareo used to have the ability to have an expected amount for each insurance in a table that let me know instantly if one particular payment paid less than expected. They took away that tool.
If you want to handle claims in the office, Kareo equips you with a lot of tools to manage it well. We run 200 appts a week or less; if we had a bigger clinic I am not sure how it would work. It would probably still be good, we would just need more people to process things.
Read Heather Hackworth's full review
Susan Lee profile photo
February 05, 2018

Kareo Medical Billing Review: "Kareo billing will make you a billion!....well not quite"

• As I stated before, Kareo will alert you if you have input something in incorrectly. This saves valuable time in not having claims denied and then having to fix the problem and rebill.
  • Kareo makes it easy to print reports at the end of the year for our clients to use in filing their taxes.
  • It would be nice to be able to understand the rejections on claims a bit better. It sometimes doesn't give us full sentences explaining the rejection.
We are a speech and occupational therapy practice and it is very well suited for us. I previously worked for a family practice and OBGYN practice and I see where the coding part of the software would be highly useful in that type of practice. Kareo keeps track of your most used diagnosis codes.
Read Susan Lee's full review
Michelle Underhill, MA, CCC-SLP profile photo
February 05, 2018

Review: "Kareo Medical Billing - Even for Those With Zero Billing Experience!"

• Customer service
  • Follow-up calls and emails to assess for satisfaction
  • Excellent onboarding
  • The process of gaining ERA status with insurance companies has become a little more tedious since I started 3 years ago.
Well-suited to independent private practices.
Read Michelle Underhill, MA, CCC-SLP's full review
February 16, 2018

Kareo Medical Billing Review: "Kareo is very user friendly and easy to learn!"

• Ease of use, very user friendly.
  • Easy to customize for what reports you need.
  • Easy to see your collections for each month.
  • Customer service isn't the best.
  • Price, our prices continue to go up.
  • Our EMR transfer to Kareo sometimes has problems, requiring re-billing or calling customer service.
It is a good billing program, but for a smaller practice the price continues to rise, so we are looking at combing our billing with our current EMR system WebPT.

Kareo Medical Billing Scorecard Summary

Real-time eligibility verification (4)
Claims management (5)
Coding (4)
Patient billing (5)
Financial Reporting (5)
Rule-based scheduling (1)
Multi-location support (1)
Calendar interface (1)
Charting / document management (1)
Templates (1)
Patient portal (1)
Mobile/tablet support (1)
1.8
Fax integration (2)
Integration with other EMR and PM systems (2)
Workflow automation (2)
Customization (2)
HIPPA compliance (5)
Role-based permission levels (5)
Data backups and redundancy (4)
Local mode / networking failsafe (4)
Task tracking (4)
Specialty-specific workflows (2)
Multi-office / multi-physician capabilities (4)

About Kareo Medical Billing

Kareo Medical Billing provides billing solutions to medical offices. It includes: Billing Best Practices, Specialty Expertise and Ongoing Training & Support.

Kareo Medical Billing Integrations