Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Katalon Studio, and make your voice heard!
Node Locked License
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Katalon Studio is provided by the vendor as a free and robust automation solution for API, Web and Mobile testing. It is designed to eliminate the complexities of building an automation framework by integrating all necessary test components with built-in keywords and project templates. Katalon Studio includes a full feature set for a complete test automation process covering multiple platforms and testing types.
New users can get started with test automation using its easy-to-use interface and the intelligent record & playback engine while advanced users can design and implement test strategies realizing CI/DevOps best practices.
The vendor states many developers and testers find Katalon configurable scripting modes effective for their testing needs and programming skills. Katalon Studio is trusted and supported by an active community of over 150K users from 150+ countries around the world.
- Supported: Setup Project
- Supported: Create Tests
- Supported: Execute Tests
- Supported: View Reports
- Supported: Maintain Tests
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Record and Run
- Object Spy
- Parallel test execution
- Data driven
- Locate Android SDK path
- Launch Android emulators automatically
- Support for more languages
- Debugging feature is not available with Katalon studio free version
- Data driven feature at test case level is not available with Katalon studio free version
- Codeless test automation
- Integration with Web, Mobile, API and Desktop automation
- Possibility of end to end test automation using CI tools
- Assistance provided during the coding
- Better documentation that helps to automate quicker
- Not all the desktop applications are supported, needs to improve a way to automate all desktop applications
- Integrations with other reporting systems.
- Built in automation framework
- Rich set of inbuilt keywords
- Rich set of alm integrations
- Desktop automation
- Parallel execution
- BDD integration
- User friendly GUI
- Katalon recorder available. Newbies can play around and easily write test cases.
- Integration with CI/CD workflows like JIRA, Jenkins, qTest, Slack, etc.
- Supports cross browser testing.
- Katalon analytics is available to analyze script failures.
- Katalon Studio supports only grovvy language for now. It will be nice to see support for other scripting languages.
- Performance issues; sudden crash of the tool.
- Debug button is provided only to licensed owner since Katalon 7+ version.
- New tool, few resources available to learn. So there is a mild learning curve here.
- Katalon Studio is used for web and mobile applications testing.
- It is completely free.
- It has a cross platform feature.
- It supports different operating systems.
- I expect it to run faster.
- The obligation to become a member of the site should be removed.
- Errors can occur occasionally while loading the browser.
- Open Source Tool
- Simple and easy to use, plus a powerful automation solution. The UI is very pleasing.
- Easy installation.
- As per my R&D, I found that locating the nested elements was difficult.
- Also if a script fails due to waiting on the application it causes a lot of problems.
- Verifying text and objects within Iframes can be a challenge.
Record and Play on Popular Browsers and Mobile Apps
- Record and play
- Spy web features
- Should be familiar with or learn a bit about Groovy
- Does not capture objects sometimes while recording
- Easy to setup and quick to get started: As Katalon comes with built-in features a new automation tester can automate easily. Script creation time is quick.
- Test Analytics: Katalon also provides analytics which tells you the pattern of your automated tests at a different instance of time.
- Third Party Integration: Katalon provides amazing integration with 3rd party tools like JIRA, ALM, GIT, JENKINS, etc.
- Image-based testing: Katalon also provides inbuilt image based test automation.
- Katalon supports only two programming languages, Groovy/Java.
- Community support is not good at the moment..
- Many features are still in development with Katalon team.
- Easy to use
- Amazing features for both web app and mobile application
- Easy to find support
- It supports both manual and script mode
- You have to redownload and install it to update
- Slow sometimes
- Free automation solution
- Powerful tool but easy to use and simple to deploy
- Update feature frequently
- Great support on their forum
- Tutorials and Documentation need to be updated along with new version releases
- Hope to see more active users and distinguish topic on Katalon forum