Legalesign Reviews

April 10, 2019

Legalesign Review

Our law firm used Legalesign to manage the contract send and sign process. Our clients could e-sign contracts from anywhere, which helped to reduce costs and improve productivity. Legalesign was primarily used by our intake team to send and receive signed retainer agreements but we had about 20 different documents that we used Legalesign for.
  • Legalesign provides good customer support and all customers are assigned an account manager. This is really important because they can help with the customization of your forms.
  • Legalesign has both single signer and multi-signer options for different signing on needs. It also has robust email and notifications.
  • Legalesign doesn't have any glaring deficiencies, but it doesn't have the same brand name recognition that Adobe or DocuSign have. So, sometimes signers are skeptical if it's a legitimate esign document or a spam/phishing scam.
Legalesign is well suited for any business that requires e-signing of documents. It's legally defendable in court and has all the same legal protections as a manually signed document.
Erin Holm profile photo
Legalesign is our organization's method of sending and receiving signed contracts with employees, clients and sales prospects. It is utilized by our HR department, sales team and account managers.

This is a helpful tool for uploading customized documents to be signed by multiple parties. Legalesign provides a secure opportunity for our organization to send important documents via email and have them easily signed and returned. They can also be stored within Legalesign.

As our Recruitment Coordinator, I use Legalesign to send official offer letters and employment agreements to new employees. This allows me to upload document templates and send them easily to candidates via email. I am also able to have multiple signers in the same document. New employees do not have to print, sign, then rescan documents, but simply e-sign.
  • Legalesign is very easy to use - uploading documents is simple. You just click where you want the signature box to go and can add the signer's information. Adding multiple signatures is also quite easy.
  • Once documents are sent, you receive live updates when the recipient opens docs, reviews, signs, etc. This is helpful when they are time sensitive.
  • Documents are stored within the system and can be accessed/downloaded at a later time.
  • I appreciate the simplicity of the design - it's not overly flashy, like other platforms.
  • Archives - after a certain amount of time, documents are archived. It's difficult to determine when this happens. If you need to access an archived item, Legalesign says it will take 'several hours' to retrieve the document. I've waited up to 12 hours for a document to be pulled. This is inconveniently and a bit odd.
  • The dashboard can be confusing - there is a timeline with your 'recent' documents, but I've never been able to determine how it shows documents. They're always out of order and some new, some old. It can be confusing.
  • Overall, I've had issues with the internal timeline of this software. There are dropdown menus for choosing the dates of the documents you want to see (7 days, 30 days, last month, etc.), but I'm often missing documents and have to perform several searches for them. Other members of the team have had this issue, as well.
  • Like the archive issue mentioned previously, there have been times when the platform has moved very slowly. Documents will often take time to load, even if they're just a 2-page Word document. This does not appear to be a connectivity issue.
  • The dashboard itself can just be a bit confusing. There is a lot of information available, but the algorithm that determines what is displayed is strange, and it's hard to determine what you're seeing/why you're seeing it. There are settings you can play with, which has been helpful.
  • Although it hasn't happened often, I have had candidates/new employees not recognize an email coming via Legalesign. Document emails look a bit like spam, so I've had candidates ignore them. As far as I know, these are not customizable. I ensure recipients know the email is coming.
Legalesign is well-suited for sending out documents to be signed, especially if multiple signatures are needed. Our sales team has had a lot of success utilizing Legalesign when sending contracts to potential clients. Additionally, it's a great option for organizations wanting to send out official offer letters to be signed.

Legalesign is not well suited if you're looking for a long-term storage system for documents. I would recommend downloading your documents once they're signed and storing them within a secure system of your own.
Read Erin Holm's full review

Legalesign Scorecard Summary

About Legalesign

Legalesign is an electronic signature software offering. It includes features such as no per-user pricing and real-time tracking.