Micro Focus Data Protector
Micro Focus Data Protector
Read all reviews
We rely on Micro Focus Data Protector to protect our customers' data, showing its compatibility with different environments and its great …
Basically, the product is used for protection needs related to critical, productive, and corporate information from different platforms …
We use Micro Focus Data Protector as a backup tool for our SQL Server, Oracle Database, Vmware, and file system environments.
Assure that the core enterprise applications and middleware products like SAP, SAP HANA, ORACLE Databases, PostgreSQL Databases, …
We use Micro Focus Data Protector for all workloads in our company.
We use Micro Focus Data Protector for all workloads, be it file system backup, SQL databases, Oracle, VMware, Hyper-V, SAP HANA, etc. In …
HP Data Protector was being used by my organization to backup Oracle Database related systems.
We used HP Data Protector as a backup for all of our Windows and Unix servers. We had the server side node installed on HP-UX while the …
HP Data Protector is our enterprise wide backup and recovery solution, we have been using HP Data Protector for 17 years. We currently …
HP Data Protector was being used for back ups.
- Multiple backup destinations (9)8.888%
- Deduplication and file compression (9)8.282%
- Business application protection (9)7.979%
- Live recovery (8)7.777%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Micro Focus Data Protector, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Micro Focus Data Protector is a scalable enterprise class data backup and recovery solution providing data backup protection for a range of IT environments. With multiple built-in security features, it provides the last line of defense against cyber-attacks, allowing companies to recover their critical business data should a disaster or ransomware attack occur. Based on a unified, flexible multi-tier architecture, it enables centralized data protection across physical, virtual and cloud environments. The new Cloud Workloads offering adds backup for the full Microsoft 365 suite, as well as containers and an extensive selection of hypervisors. Integrated reporting gives insight to configurations, storage pools and media, compliance, SLA performance, and other advanced reports, allowing detailed monitoring and optimization capabilities.
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Live recovery
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
Data Protector’s ease-of-use and flexible licensing helps DATAGROUP reliably backup and recover their customers’ diverse IT environments
Iskratel's use of Data Protector supports cost optimization through streamlining and simplifying physical and virtual data protection and storage.
Micro Focus Data Protection with SAN backup enables travel industry service provider Atcore Technologies to reduce backup times and increase customer satisfaction.
With Micro Focus Data Protection, American Digital's Backup as a Service meets recovery SLAs and reduces customers' costs. Data Protector's ability to support a wide range of operating systems, bare metal, virtual machines and databases are key to success.
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, HP- UX, CentOS|
|Supported Languages||English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese|
Data Protector from Micro Focus, acquired from Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, is a backup and recovery software which features security for enterprise-scale workloads, instant/automated data recovery, and built-in orchestration, automation and monitoring.
Reviewers rate Recovery verification highest, with a score of 9.
The most common users of Micro Focus Data Protector are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Recover any data
- Resolving support cases is sometimes slow.
- Positive: it maintains the stability of backups and recoveries of critical information.
- Negative: there are some other backup applications that exist in the institution and have gained ground on other platforms.
- During 14 years of using it, we never had a case in which some data needed couldn't be recovered. Positive
- We still have difficulties implementing some integrations like Office 365 and Acropole. These environments are not being backed up. Negative
- When we upgrade a version, we lose compatibility with some older clients and hardware. Negative
- Reliable solution for creating and restoring backup data of all major enterprise applications.
- We have a flexible and perfect working tool for backup and recovery.
- Positive impact. I have not worked with HP Data Protector enough to provide the ROI. It simply worked when we needed it to.
- One positive impact was that it was very stable and therefore made for an easy way to keep the investment going.
- Another positive impact was the Unix portion of the backup. It is the best solution for these servers.
- The biggest negative impact for us was when we went to change to another backup product and none of the old backups can be migrated. This means that HP Data Protector has to be installed and running for up to seven years in our case in order to keep up with our data retention policy.
- Same solution for 17+ years provides stable environment and builds in house expertise saving business on training.
- Licensing structure provides cost savings to business.
- Ease of use for operators provides quick response when restores are needed by the business.
- I had to work 70 hours week to manage this product.