PayPal Payments Reviews

Anne Theriault | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

PayPal Payments Are Effiecient & Quick ~ Highly Recommended!

Pros and Cons

• PayPal Payments has superior customer service.
  • PayPal Payments is very quick and convenient.
  • PayPal Payments has a very effective resolution center if a problem should be encountered.
  • I am extremely pleased with PayPal Payments and have no comment on how they could do things differently.
Read Anne Theriault's full review
November 15, 2019

Industry Leader For A Reason

Pros and Cons

• Reduces transactional friction.
  • Offers extended credit to consumers (0% interest for 6 months) with no additional fee to merchants.
  • Offers partners marketing opportunities with the PayPal consumer base as a value add.
  • Until recently, they have not offered a similar product to the likes of Affirm, Quadpay, et. They have since launched a "no interest equal payments" option for consumers, but that comes at an additional cost to merchants.
Rohit Langde | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 20, 2019

Almost perfect payment option on the Internet

Pros and Cons

• Direct deposit to bank account in 24 hours of payment receipt.
  • Accepts payments from around the globe covering almost all the countries.
  • No Learning curve and easy to implement.
  • Higher transaction charges might shy away sellers.
  • Very much inclined towards buyer's protection. Seller is not always covered and at risk.
  • They block or limit accounts without giving sufficient reasons. It is recommended to play within limits.
Read Rohit Langde's full review
burt smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2019

Pay secure, pay with PayPal.

Pros and Cons

• PayPal is accepted in a large number of online stores, so you can buy in different places and countries easily and safely.
  • By being an intermediary between your credit card and the seller, and in addition to using encryption security in your transactions, you are not at risk of your credentials and personal data being stolen.
  • Use is very simple, you only have to associate a credit card and you can already buy in the hundreds of shops that accept PayPal.
  • PayPal has an anti-fraud security system, so in case you buy something and it does not arrive or arrives damaged, you can open a case to ask for a refund. The resolution of the case is delayed only a few days, which is much faster than the vast majority of banks.
  • PayPal is not accepted everywhere. This means you can't always use this product for purchases.
Read burt smith's full review
MaryLee Trettenero | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2019

Love Love PayPal For My Consulting Business

Pros and Cons

• Allows me to automate my appointment booking process. This saves me a countless number of hours on a weekly basis. When I was doing this manually - on a slow week, I was spending 2 - 3 hours and it was spread out throughout the week. Having it automated - I don't have to get involved.
  • Allows me to immediately send out payment requests and receive payments quickly. The turn around time for an invoice payment can be within minutes after I send out a payment request. This is invaluable to me.
  • Allows me to send friends and family money instantly and without a charge.
  • A refund is easy to process.
  • I have a booking service and the software isn't 100% compatible with PayPal. It kicks the customer off the payment page after they finish filling out their credit card information. No one knows how to solve this. Though I believe it's the booking service's glitch, it's an ongoing issue. I wish Paypal would take up this complaint with my booking service. I'm happy to provide more info.
  • I wish people weren't able to use the credit feature for my business. Mind you I've never had a customer not pay when they use PayPal's credit service, but I didn't set this up as a feature and wouldn't otherwise give my clients this option.
  • I can't say exactly what I'd like to see differently but I feel that the reports could be more comprehensive. When I've tried to run reports - sometimes I can't search for specific information - either those dates are available or the specific details aren't available. I was doing research for my business recently and it seems like the range of details you can obtain from reports could be enhanced.
Read MaryLee Trettenero's full review
Chris McCarthy | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 22, 2018

PayPal Payments: Best Choice For Speed, Accuracy and Security

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use when working with global contractors who seem most familiar with this form of digital payment
  • Security: Whenever we have a question they are most disciplined about ensuring the identity of our call and at several levels. Yet they also ensure the business transaction behind our call remains as seamless as possible.
  • Reasonable fees: Having tried many other sources of digital payments, our experience with PayPal is that their fees are quite reasonable given the speed of processing and reliability they provide.
  • Keep your fees competitive and we will stay with you without ever bothering to try a new service.
Read Chris McCarthy's full review
Steve French | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 23, 2019

International is easy with PayPal Payments!

Pros and Cons

• The ability to invoice someone anywhere in the world and have them pay directly off of that invoice is huge. It handles currency issues well.
  • Moving funds to and from my bank account is simple.
  • It downloads transactions into my accounting system (Quickbooks).
  • Reporting.
  • Currency conversion automatically at the time of payment.
Read Steve French's full review
Ann M. Frank | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2019

PayPal Payments makes transactions easy internally, externally and internationally.

Pros and Cons

• Payments are made securely.
  • Various types of accounts can be linked to PayPal to make payments.
  • It makes paying international vendors and staff easier (sometimes there are challenges with paying via other methods). This speeds up the process.
  • It's easy to learn and train on.
  • The currency converter doesn't always work.
  • Some vendors and staff don't have an account.
Read Ann M. Frank's full review
ZEESHAN ALI | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 21, 2018

PayPal - The Best Payment Tool

Pros and Cons

• Easy to send receive payments.
  • Transaction takes smoothly with money getting directly into our linked bank account.
  • We can accept payment from around the world in different currencies.
  • Low transaction fees.
  • Interface is quite simple and easy to use.
  • Linking of cards is not so smooth and time taking process.
  • Poor customer service.Very limited help available.
  • In India, we can't hold PayPal balance for more than 24hrs.
Read ZEESHAN ALI's full review
Tim Vahsholtz | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 07, 2018

Paypal Payments: An Almost Complete Solution

Pros and Cons

• Paypal Payments does a great job of interfacing with a website. If you have one product or item for purchase, it's easy to have the site create the code for a payment button. In other cases, we have integrated WooCommerce with Paypal so the entire shopping cart transaction can be simply handled by Paypal Payments.
  • Once a transaction is completed, it often ends up in your Paypal account immediately. From there, you can transfer the funds to your account (usually 1 or 2 business days). As many businesses take Paypal as payment these days, you can use those funds for your own business purposes if you would like.
  • The fraud protection of Paypal Payments is worth noting. If a transaction seems unusual, a hold may be put on the transaction until the funds clear. This doesn't happen often. In addition, Paypal does provide phone support if a transaction turns out to be fraudulent.
  • It would be nice to be able to customize the payment page in Paypal Payments to better match the website look. Currently, we can only add our logo and business name.
  • While the button code feature is nice and very helpful, it would be great to have more choices of how those buttons look. We get around that by designing our own button and using the link code (on our clients' sites that only need one button, not a whole shopping cart.)
Read Tim Vahsholtz's full review
Amelia Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 05, 2018

PayPal lets me expand my freelance projects.

Pros and Cons

• Accept payments from a variety of sources.
  • Send and track invoices easily.
  • Add financial services as needed without a lot of overhead.
  • Fees could be lower.
  • The time it takes to transfer money to bank accounts.
  • No way to opt out of "special offer" screens on login.
Read Amelia Edwards's full review
Tim Mack | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2018

My pal, the PayPal

Pros and Cons

• It draws from your banking account (linked accounts) making it easy to send money.
  • Allows me to leave notes and if need be, get a refund fast!
  • Everything moves pretty quick with PayPal, I have not had an issue with funds getting tied up.
  • My biggest gripe with PayPal is the way it handles bookkeeping at a time. When I pay someone, PayPal takes money from my banking account, and deposits it into my PayPal, then it un - holds the funds and issues payments. When I go to do my taxes at the end of the year and import my expenses, it looks like I have x2 the deposits and this requires a bit of sorting.
  • When I started to work with an accountant from Pakistan, they just had access to see my funds and reconcile my accounts.. PayPal froze my account until the contractor from Pakistan could submit verification documents, this was a bit of a stress.
Read Tim Mack's full review
Brandon Zell | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 31, 2018

Accept credit card invoice payments as a freelancer

Pros and Cons

• Helps you create invoices, and sends them out.
  • Doesn't require that my clients have a PayPal account to pay the invoice.
  • Low processing fee for accepting payment via credit card.
  • Free funds transfer from PayPal to my bank account.
  • Invoice tool seems outdated compared to the polished look of the main dashboard.
  • Setting up recurring payments from clients is not easy and also seems outdated.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Reagan Baird Nash | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 12, 2018

Gets Me my Money Fast!

• Secure transfers
  • Deposited into bank quickly (quicker than Stripe)
  • Integrations with other software
  • Automated invoices
  • I’d love if it integrated with Acuity
  • It stinks that I lose a percentage of my payments (though I understand that PayPal needs to be paid!)
Read Reagan Baird Nash's full review
Lia Burres | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 09, 2018

PayPal for business is your Pal in many useful ways.

Pros and Cons

• One strength is that payments are instant and not taking a while to arrive via snail mail.
  • Your clients get their services delivered quickly.
  • They send an email to alert you when the payment has been made.
  • It would be helpful that when you have a currency set, that it would automatically change it when payments come through from another. An example would be you have your currency set to USD, then a payment comes through as British pounds. Then PayPal would automatically convert it to USD. That would keep us from having to go to PayPal to convert it after the payment has been made.
Read Lia Burres's full review
Jennifer Walschap | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 09, 2018

Simple and Convenient Payment Option for Small Businesses!

• Pay Now Button on Website
  • Easy Transfer to Bank Account
  • Overall Easy to Use and View Transactions Online
  • Invoicing Features - I use Quickbooks for my invoicing because I feel that PayPal's functionality is not as fleshed out in this area. For example, I don't think I can add and save customers
  • More Competitive Pricing - PayPal's pricing is about the same as most other companies, so if there was a way to make it even less, I think that would increase the appeal even more.
Read Jennifer Walschap's full review
Jackie Bassett | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 06, 2018

Makes the Entire Buying & Paying Process a Seamless Experience

Pros and Cons

• Positively seamless experience of moving money, when and where both parties in a transaction need that to happen. When we do AI Voice testing, our clients pay through PayPal Payments in just 2 days. There are multiple vendors doing this, and there are lots of tests that come in at all times of the day - even on week-ends as it's very much an international mission, so keeping them all straight would be an overwhelming challenge if done any other way. And the payments are done through project management, rather than Finance, which is far more efficient.
  • Agility: PayPal is a heritage brand that keeps up with emerging market demand. We work with millennials, delivering online training, custom program services and eBooks. It's a market that uses too wide a variety of Fintech solutions. So, rather than using 20 different apps, our choosing PayPal Payments, now that they own Venmo, it was pretty easy to just offer Paypal for our online products. It's seamless for them, and for us.
  • Customer service: In the beginning it seemed there were too many steps to their onboarding process. We'd made a handful of outreaches to customer support on why approvals were taking so long and queries on what they said was required vs what we had submitted. CS was very helpful in answering our questions in a way that we both understood and appreciated. Afterall, it's money movement in the age of cyber everywhere. But after the onboarding of us, we've had no issues at all.
  • Mobile: It's still easier to use a PC or Mac
  • More retail store acceptance. They're working on it, but their retail store acceptance is still quite limited.
  • Pricing: It seems to be going up, and to unacceptable levels. It's at a point now where many of our AI Voice clients are covering the costs for their service providers which is not the way to go. A competitor FinTech app will take the market away from them with a very small discount.
Read Jackie Bassett's full review
Steven Senft | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2018

PayPal Payments as an entry way to payments

Pros and Cons

• It is a very simple method of payment for donors
  • Simple on the backend to use
  • It allows multiple users and devices
  • It is somewhat too simple. Sometimes being simple is great, but to have more detail and being able to do more with a processor would've been great.
  • You cannot designate payments for a specific bank account. We currently have many ways donors can designate donations and the processor didn't let us do that.
  • Doesn't let you customize the payments to your priorities. As much as you can personalize, no designation or direction for payments.
Read Steven Senft's full review

About PayPal Payments

PayPal Payments is a payment gateway software solution offered by PayPal.