What is Pirate Ship?

Pirate Ship is a shipping solution presented by the vendor as an ecommerce ordering solution with cheap rates for USPS shipping.

Pirate Ship review

July 12, 2022

37 people want pricing too

What is ShipStation?

ShipStation is an order fulfillment, inventory management, and shipping hub for eCommerce businesses. It allows users to import, manage, and ship orders from the ShipStation hub, which can coordinate multiple online sales channels and multiple carriers. ShipStation also offers branded package…

What is Shippo?

Shippo in San Francisco invites users to save on rates for USPS, UPS®, DHL Express, and more with their multi-carrier shipping software for e-commerce businesses.

Product Demos

Getting Started with Pirate Ship
02:53

Pirate Ship Video

Here's how to get started with Pirate Ship, the only shipping software that passes through USPS Commercial Pricing discounts with no hidden markup or fees: https://www.pirateship.com/usps/commercial-pricing

Pirate Ship Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.6.

The most common users of Pirate Ship are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Consumer Goods industry.

July 12, 2022

Pirate Ship review

We are using it to ship subscription boxes worldwide. It’s the most cost-effective and efficient way to ship with USPS via a fulfillment center. Tracking many shipments at the same time can be done with ease. Their support team is ready to “chat” with you at nearly all hours of the day. They also act like pirates.
  • Great average ship rates for USPS domestic and international.
  • Tracking bulk shipments is easy.
  • It integrates with Chargify.
  • UPS is no longer offered.
  • You can’t ship a tube mailer.
  • Bulk refunds can be challenging.
Well suited for cubic shipping, especially if it’s only a few pounds. Not well suited for larger and heavy packages. USPS does not offer very competitive rates in comparison to UPS or FedEx, when it comes to heavy packages that are over 10x10x10. If you have a subscription box company, this would be the best way to purchase and print shipping labels.
They are very responsive and witty (they chat like pirates).
As a subscription box company, we use Pirate Ship to generate all our shipping labels. They integrate with Cratejoy, which is the platform that we were using for our subscription management. They make it super easy to print labels in batches by things like subscription products or how many boxes a person has received from us.
  • Great shipping rates
  • Batching labels
  • I wish unused shipping labels were flagged more clearly to make it easy to request refunds
  • No multi-user functionality, so you have to share an account
  • Better email notifications about things like undeliverable packages
Pirate Ship is a great platform. We ultimately stopped using it because we use an ERP system to manage our inventory and decided to generate shipping labels from there. That said, Pirate Ship is way more intuitive to use and has much better-batching capabilities-- we just were looking for more of an all-in-one solution.
I've only had to contact Pirate Ship once, but they responded immediately and took care of the issue right away. So easy!
Alex Pegg | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Pirate Ship for my small business' shipping solution. I am a single owner/operator, and it makes shipping a breeze! I can purchase & print postage for my packages quickly and easily, and even schedule pickups if necessary. The pricing is competitive, and the time saved from running back and forth to the post office makes this product a true necessity.
  • Great user interface--fun and modern, easy to navigate, pre-populated addresses, and never any "downtime"
  • Pricing is competitive--they even offer discounts for certain purchases, which is better than the post office!
  • Saves templates for efficiency--I send a lot of very similar packages, and it saves my preferences so I don't have to make selections every time.
  • I really can't think of any. It is truly wonderful software solution for small businesses!
For a small/relatively low-volume business, Pirate Ship is perfect because you don't have to pay for a subscription, like with many other shipping solutions. They offer printing templates for both thermal and inkjet printers, which is nice because you don't have to buy additional hardware to make it work.

I don't know how well suited it would be for a larger-volume business.
I have not had to use Pirate Ship's customer support because their product is wonderful and easy to use. I am sure based on the quality of their product that their customer service is also fantastic.
Pirate Ship is by far the best shipping software ever! It requires no upcharges, is easy to use, and offers the BEST customer service. The user interface has been steadily improved since I started using Pirate Ship and the company is very transparent. It would be awesome if they got more than USPS but for now it's perfect!
  • Very intuitive interface
  • No up-charge on shipping labels
  • Best Customer Service!
  • Only USPS
Pirate Ship is great for any small business looking to get started with some extremely reliable shipping. It is also amazing because it gives you access to USPS cubic pricing, which is especially beneficial for anyone shipping heavy, but small items. Normally that is not available to super small businesses like mine.
I have reached out via phone, email, and chat, and they always help out immediately! Also, they even changed their credit card category to shipping for me so I could receive 3x points through one of my business credits when I purchase through them. They are truly the best ever!