Pros and Cons
- Plangrid is the best SaaS I have seen for ease of uploading construction plans and automated organization of those plans.
- For companies that are not using other products for mobile access, the Plangrid mobile apps are perfect to allow people on and off site to share and collaborate in many phases of construction project documentation.
- Plangrid has a very responsive technical support team (although it is pretty much email only).
- Plangrid's website layout is easy to use and understand and allows new users to jump right in and do basic to moderate tasks without little training.
- Plangrid is in the process of adding enhanced construction documentation such as better Submittal, RFI, and Field Reporting modules, but the ones in place right now will not be up to par for some people used to more full-featured applications such as Sage or Procore.
- Like other SaaS Construction applications, Plangrid is very expensive. Too expensive in my opinion. They should find ways to offer more tiers of cost so smaller companies can use the application is a limited manner and not have to pay the same cost as the larger companies which may get more use out of advanced features.
- On the same theme of cost, many of Plangrids collaboration features require all collaborators to have a license. Try telling all 30 subs on your project that they have to run out and pay an extra $50-$100/MO per employee to collaborate with you. Does not always go over well.
- Plangrids Field Report, Submittal and RFI modules are still a bit of a work in progress.