Reviews (1-25 of 135)
- Quick Starts make it so easy to get started.
- Real-time updates are awesome and save a ton of wasteful process.
- The combination of user friendliness for simple things and the flexibility to do more complex things is great.
- Chat support is excellent and deeper-dive support has been super helpful.
- The ability to use these tools in the cloud or embedded has given us tactic flexibility.
- Would like to be able to copy rules and paste them in other places (pages, creatives)
- Better advanced level training (re-watchable webcasts)
- Ability to upload multiple fulfillments
- Extended help hours (we're on the West coast)
- Robust landing page building tool with reporting capabilities.
- Streamlined organization when using multiple clients and campaigns.
- Flexible build tools to make exactly what you need.
- Cumbersome reporting.
- Limitations with some popular CMSs (Shopify comes to mind).
- The UI could be more user-friendly.
- The training and support are the most important resources. If you have any questions and problems - Ion support is always there during business hours.
- Analytics. Ion provides the ability to track everything directly in the platform so you know exactly where the user is going.
- Ease of use. Once you complete the training, you can start right off the bat and dive right into the platform to produce new material.
- I think that the platform could be a little more intuitive. I don't think you can jump in without the training - some areas need an explanation.
- I can't believe that they do not have a back button! If you accidentally move something, want to try something new really quick. You can only undo if you delete something.
- Personally, I think the interface is a little dated looking.
- Ion Interactive works well for data collection and management.
- We like how this product helps us quickly duplicate landing pages and make changes on the fly.
- We like how Ion Interactive makes it simple for both experienced and inexperienced web developers to make changes to our landing pages.
- We wish there was an easier way to make changes without it being always on a live site, as this has caused issues with typos or mistakes.
- Some of the landing page creation tools seem a bit dated.
- Dashboard visuals could be updated.
- Content options, from eBooks, quizes, microsites. Lots of options!
- Unique tracking links and metrics to understand performance
- Good support and training
- Helping with setting benchmarks to understand content performance when just getting started.
- Better on boarding and training so that teams are enabled to build their own content experiences, right now it's too complex for the average user and we need to pay Scribble to build them, which negates a key selling point for us
- Very helpful customer support.
- No programming skills required.
- Intuitive and interactive online experiences.
- The undo button should be more sophisticated and visible.
- Should be able to see the code behind things.
- Will need time and experience to get used to the platform.
- Consistent visuals based on style guides and templates.
- No need to involve developers.
- Someone without a dev background can develop the interactive experience.
- Steep learning curve.
- Limited to what is available through templates.
- Time consuming to create wire frames and low fidelity prototypes.
- The pre-loaded templates are easy to use and can get content up and active very easily.
- The training is easy to follow online at your own pace.
- The online chat with a live person for personal help is very useful for trouble-shooting.
- It can be difficult to create custom content that is above and beyond the standard templates.
- Some of the coding is not very user-intuitive to make changes to easily for formatting.
- The content blocks can be difficult to work with when trying to copy and paste additional content. There are too many layers and it is difficult to know which layers to select.
- The advanced features take a lot of additional training.
- The online chat support is very well done. Every time I've had a question or hit a roadblock, the chat has answered my question quickly
- The quick start templates are extremely helpful, especially as a starting point which are then customized.
- I wish it was easier to access the training videos. A lot of the "how-to" information is in those videos rather than the support documents, but you have to request access to the training videos which are then only accessible within a specific timeframe.
- Version control (which I believe is coming) and/or locking a creative would be very helpful, especially as more than 1 person edits a creative during the content creation process.
If you have an exact idea of what you want, and a background in web development, you may get frustrated. Ion has some quirks that make it tricky to fully customize - everyone once in a while I really just want to go into the HTML and make some changes, but can't.
If you are looking to reuse a piece of content for specific targeting (industry or account-specific), Ion is great. The dynamic substitutions are great and very helpful.
- Creates HTML without having to know coding
- Animations that add interest to the static page
- A bit confusing when laying out the page. It's sometimes hard to see where you are in the layout.
- The interface could be improved by allowing the movement of elements in the list view, instead of just in the edit view.
- We love the thorough and thoughtful approach to new projects. The ion team can take a simple idea and turn it into a clever and efficient creative concept.
- When projects are underway, the team is very organized and clearly lay out expectations, TAT, and requirements for things they need us to provide.
- The creatives are able to capture a lot of data, which helps to inform choices for the next iteration.
- The turnaround times are a little long.
- ion has so many different types of creatives, and then so many different variations within that creative. We sometimes get decision paralysis trying to figure out which one is the best option to use.
- Highly customizable
- Create an 'undo' button on the backend
- Create standard charts (e.g., bar, pie charts) that can be easily inserted and customized.
- More images in the library or best practices on image sizing, etc.
Where it does not make sense - when we do not have custom research or marketing support.
- Robust out of the box functionality.
- The ability to customize via code.
- Secure transfer of respondent data.
- We've seen the loss of historical traffic data once respondent data has been cleared out of the system.
- The limitations of the lookup tables being constrained to one lookup key value.
- The lack of a staging or development environments to safely do testing outside of the production environment.
- User friendly - the software is easy to learn, understand and manage. Within a few hours you can make a complete, professional interactive page for your company.
- Great support - usually answers within 1 working day with just the information you need.
- Responsive design - The interactive content works on all devices, so if you would like to show it to a client on the go, you can simply pick your tablet and show the content.
- Wide range of possibilities - The possibilities are endless. You are free to create anything imaginable within the CMS.
- Professional look - The end product looks very presentable and professional which could fit a large organisation.
- No 'undo'-button - this is especially a bummer if you accidentaly delete a column. You have to be on guard the entire session to avoid major mistakes you can't undo. This should definitely be implemented.
- Sometimes the wide range of possibilities is a bit overwhelming. While the software is easy to learn, all the possibilities are devided in 5 groups that each have different content with syle, micro themes, actions, etc. It would be great to have some pre-defined settings for easier implementation.
- Occasionally it's hard to keep the overview. Especially with complex pages, even with the 'toggle page targets' it's not that easy to easily see what you have done without previewing after every change.
- ion integrates with many different CRMs and other advertising tools.
- Chat support at ion is top notch.
- Software is relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it.
- ion could benefit greatly from the addition of a "back" or "undo" button.
- The ability to publish to less commonly used platforms would be great.
- Creating a more personalized, interactive experience for our prospects and clients
- Helps make our content a lot more digestible and fun to read
- Higher engagements and conversions
- The UI makes it extremely difficult to navigate the platform.
- No real version control option in place - if you want to make changes but need to keep older versions, I'd suggest users to clone the page and make the changes on the cloned page.
- ion's training program only takes you so far - to become a better, more comfortable user, you need to go in and create some test pages from scratch.
- Ease of use and flexibility.
- Lots of support and information. Templates are a huge help.
- It can sometimes be buggy and not consistent. You have to step away and then come back to it and the problem is gone.
- Ion Interactive allows you to rapidly prototype landing pages for multiple domains and keep your marketing campaigns organized.
- This tool allows for a lot of customization and flexibility. You can create forms for your landing pages. And do you need to connect to an API? Yep it is quick and easy. Do you need to have the submitted forms email to someone in your company? No problem. Do you need to create custom thank you pages for your campaign? It does that too. Do you need your landing page to show different content to different users based on different parameters? Once you get the hang of it, this is a breeze. Do you need to do all of these things together? It does that quickly and easily too.
- Do you want to code sets of templates that can be re-used with just minor tweaks? This platform can take a very basic base template, and allow you to rapidly edit this template (think child themes), to be customized for each campaign and then be re-used whenever necessary.
- The learning curve in Ion Interactive is a bit tough for some people. The support team is great and whether you are a developer or a marketer and wanting to use this platform, they will have several one on one sessions with you to get you in and get you moving. However the learning curve is a bit tough since this does work quite differently than most web platforms.
- If you do not have a developer to create your custom themes and custom frameworks, the graphic user interface is good, but with any non-custom solution, sometimes it can limit things a little bit.
If you simply want to build a website, this tool really is not for that. This tool is a bit expensive, they market this only to enterprise clients for a reason!
There's a lot to learn in the platform - the user interface isn't necessarily intuitive, but once you learn the ropes it all starts to come together. I also have to say, support for the Ion side has been top notch since the word go. They are always available and willing to work with us to troubleshoot any problem - from complex data migration to advice on what template would work best for a new concept.
I'm excited to see how much of an impact with can make with Ion going forward.
- The Ion support team - both during implementation and as we've been building experiences - has been exemplary. They are always available, engaged and enthusiastic.
- One aspect of the platform that we've loved from the beginning is the customized design template that is built into the platform. Our in-house designer particularly loves this feature as it saves her hours of time when it comes to designing individual assets. She can go in and add polish and style without having to start from scratch every time.
- The metrics are also incredible. You can really examine and analyze them from several different angles. Automation, Content and our business lines each view the metrics from a different perspective so this has been an especially helpful feature.
- Ion University, while stacked with a wealth of information, is difficult to navigate from a troubleshooting perspective. The tutorial videos are all very helpful, but they are also very long. Sometimes I would want to search for how to address a particular issue I was struggling with and it would be a two-minute segment buried in a 45-minute video.
- Again, getting back the self-guidance side of things. I think a lot of the tutorials are set up in a way that makes sense to Ion, but not as much to the end user.
- I think the controls admins use when creating new users could be a bit more straightforward.
That said, if you're looking for something very simple - say a survey to push through social channels - I might recommend something more basic that you can get done quick and dirty.
- I love that ion interactive autosaves. So many of these platforms leave me terrified of disconnection or closing my laptop.
- This WYSIWYG actually works. I've yet to have a translation or code glitch.
- Fast load times are a huge bonus, as well as mobile-optimized display.
- The organization of the catalog leaves something to be desired. It's not very straight forward and it looks dated.
- The editing tool can sometimes be wonky, zooming instead of opening an edit box.
- Matching styles requires a paste to match style. From what I can tell there's not a direct button or a global style push.
- large template library
- easy to re-use chunks of things you build in other projects
- great chat support
- no revert option/revision history if you make a bad mistake
- some simple styles that should be just there for you have to be made through custom CSS
- some of their template options have some pretty bad designs and are not usable beyond a basic functionality level/have to be completely reskinned
- Lookup tables and server-scriptlets let us create hundreds of dynamic local pages from a single template. This allows us to optimize performance in one place and positively affect all of the locales.
- ion interactive has worked overtime to keep the technology fresh and have managed to sustain a quality user experience throughout all the evolution. Being able to offer out of the box experiences that are flashy, light-weight and totally customizable helps our speed to market positioning and makes our overall creative approach that much more efficient.
- The lack of a decent mobile interface has been an issue. Sometimes we have client issues or data worries that can't be solved from a hand-held.
- There have been some extra cool features in the platform that, as power users, we've uncovered in a variety of ways. We aren't creative-less WYSIWYG users and it can be a burden to dig and dig for something that isn't openly documented when trying advanced integrations or the like.
- ion collects data on both converted AND non-converted users of the landing pages. This is great because it allows insight into the customer 'journey'/use for non-converted users, and identify optimization points.
- ion allows tags to built into landing pages, which let users' experiences be captured in a variety of ways. For instance, if a user clicks a link or opens a lightbox, those events are captured.
- ion integrates with a number of platforms, including CRM systems and SQL instances. This makes gathering and manipulating data much more straightforward.
- ion should have lifetime client exports that don't require exporting global respondents/all client data.
It is not well-suited for one-off or single-use landing pages. Its built-in data gathering and reporting capabilities are powerful and an asset to the platform.
- Ion has amazing interactive features that really captivate the readers. Attention span for adults in 2017 is less than 5 seconds so keeping ahold of their attention is extremely important!
- We like all of the different templates and color palettes that Ion has, it's great being able to start with each client's colors ready to go and not have to rebuild each time
- We LOVE the chat support. It has been a huge help to us and we highly recumbent engaging with chat support to learn more about ion capabilities.
- Adding a link in text is very difficult and we feel it could be made so much more simple
- Understanding the dashboard and analytics can be tricky. It would be helpful to have more tutorials for that end of ion
- Having a more streamlined way to choose a template or a theme would be helpful - maybe a questionnaire to see what you're looking for and where to start?
Ion, by Rock Content Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Ion, by Rock Content?
Ion is an enterprise-grade content experience platform that empowers modern marketers and designers to create no-code interactive content experiences integrated with their CRM or marketing automation tools. Ion helps enterprises to build brand awareness and increase conversions and lead generation enriching their contact database with declared, high intent data. Ion helps brands launch quizzes, ROI calculators, assessments, interactive infographics, and other interactive formats in just a few hours.
Marketers can start from a blank canvas, use fully-responsive Quick Start templates, or leverage Rock Content's professional services team to plan, create, and launch their own branded content experiences.
Interactive content increases brand awareness by encouraging users to actively engage with the content. Each engagement provides insights into audience behavior by collecting rich, first-party data from interactions and effectively driving users through the buyer journey.
• Interactive White Papers
• Landing Pages & Microsites
• Lookbooks & Tours
• Interactive eBooks
• Interactive Infographics
• Solution Finders
• Resource Libraries
• Fully Responsive Quick Start Templates
Ion, by Rock Content Screenshots
Ion, by Rock Content Videos (2)
Ion, by Rock Content Downloadables
Ion, by Rock Content Integrations
Ion, by Rock Content Competitors
Ion, by Rock Content Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Managed Services + SaaS||Custom||per year|
ion’s Build Anything SaaS platform provides organizations with an entirely new and agile interactive content marketing capability. It enables non-technical marketers and designers to create, test and measure an unlimited number of all types of interactive content marketing experiences. It includes unlimited seats, experiences, tests, customization, phone and email support, analytics and more.
Ion, by Rock Content Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||60%|
Ion, by Rock Content Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Ion, by Rock Content Technical Details