- The strongest suit of the application is workflow management. As an admin, I am able to create workflows that will move a job along it's path automatically from open to closure.
- The Job Starter portal allows the administrator to create forms that internal customers can use to request services. The design options for the forms are limited but the data is completely controlled by the admin so it is flexible
- The tool uses a pretty standard SQL interface for reports. If you've done SQL you can do reports here and it does have a nice easy to use facility for auto-distribution
- As an admin, it is not easy to use. Plan on a good 6 months in the tool before you get the hang of it, and a year before you approach expert level. The different objects you need to work with to build a flow are spread out in the system so it does take time and work to wrap your head around how everything fits together and to be able to easily envision how to build your workflow.
- The UI is pretty bare bones. It doesn't turn on marketing users.
- The support from Teradata is lacking. If you're an on-demand customer, Teradata is not invested in your success.
- Enables the allocation across brands of various marketing activities, essential for multi-brand executions that we do freuently.
- Connects seamlessly to IBM Cognos to create comprehensive reports that allow analysts and managers to see their budgets at any given point in time.
- Interface is easy to navigate, with an ability to customize based on your usage needs.
- Improved forecasting and planning tools, currently Aprimo does not enable teams to easily delineate starting budgets, actual spend, planned spend, and remaining budget.
- Better filtering mechanisms - we rely on text lookups that can easily create problems if employees input misspellings.
- Needs a capability to show snapshots of given points in time, for example, what the budget and plan looks like at the outset of the year vs. halfway through vs. end of year.
This is done with the help of process shape up and an industry best practice MRM solution for feeding sales & marketing tracking
- Enhanced Collaboration to support communication and execution
- Streamlined data entry for ease of use
- Greater visibility into Marketing initiatives
- Rich visuals
- Marketing Calendar
- Aprimo Integration services
- Aprimo Configuration Mover
- More transparency on technical and funcitonal specifications
- Database segmentation - Aprimo's segmentation tool is very complete and allows the user to do advanced selections and multiple simuntaneous actions.
- Deliverability - Aprimo has a very high delivery rate in my experience.
- Lead Management - The lead management tool is powerful and allow users to define personal criteria for lead nurturing.
- Compatibility - I had some problems with my corporate firewall, internet browser configuration and the fact that Aprimo runs only on Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- The online performance has a lot to improve. The user interface response time sometimes is bigger than we'd like.
- Aprimo does not have native integration interface, so we had to buy another tool to integrate it with our CRM and ERP systems.
- If you want a program that lays out step by step processes this is the program for you. Of course you have to list all these before entering them, and hopefully the program lays things out exactly right.
- It can allow you to see what projects you are working on, if you have the opportunity to get them into the system.
- Very difficult to learn, confusing language and practically no help to speak of.
- too easy to delete or close a project, and no way to reset or skip a step. (this happens all the time.)
- In general the capabilities within Marketing Resource Management seem like a platform built by marketers for marketers.
- The out of the box processes are pretty
- The uniformity of the user experience across modules makes user training and change management a lot We are still in early stages of using the reporting capabilities, but we can see lots of value in what they Unica was not as standardized.
- We are still very much focused on adoption.
- Users have to adjust to Aprimo. More challenging for organizations that have deep-rooted processes and this is something that has to be addressed in training.
- The portal full application experience varies greatly and it can become cumbersome for users to communicate via Aprimo on projects.
For successful change management, make sure you form a team of what we called “process champions” composed of a member from each of the functional groups. These individuals will be the voice of their team to the deployment resources and the voice and the champions of the project to their teams. They should maintain an ongoing presence for the life of the relationship with Aprimo with their role being continuous evaluation of their processes, voice of their function with regards to new capabilities and requirements.
Aprimo have taken the challenge of technology out of the picture by focusing so much on the user experience.
Aprimo Scorecard Summary
Aprimo is a leader in global marketing operations technology. Aprimo’s performance-driven marketing operations and digital asset management software is designed to give marketers the advantage to govern and grow their brand.
According to the vendor, Aprimo delivers the advantage with its innovative Marketing Operations Hub. It allows marketers to manage budgets, people, data, and content throughout the ideation, workflow, and campaign delivery of the brand experience while maximizing provable ROI.
Aprimo Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Aprimo Technical Details