Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- Supports agile development approaches - due to it's ease of use and speed, Skuid enables users to prototype and build apps in shorter development cycles while lowering development costs.
- Empowers citizen developers - due to it's low learning curve and configuration-based development, Skuid can be used by business users with no technical experience needed. Applications can be built, deployed and supported without the need for developers.
- Additional documentation and support - in the early days there was limited documentation and community support. It has improved recently however there could be more help and support in terms of examples and customer support especially for new features.
- Minor issues and bugs - Simple to moderate applications can be built quickly and easily but more advanced complex applications require additional expertise and support to achieve.
- Better mobile/responsive support - Although apps work well in a desktop browser there are limited examples and support of mobile apps. A fully mobile responsive app is possible but not easy to achieve.
- More user interface components - There are some powerful components such as the table component but given the wide range of user interface widgets available Skuid needs to provide more to keep up with other user interface builder tools.
- Skuid allows the Salesforce UI to be completely customized.
- Skuid allows an administrator to change UI instead of having to use custom code.
- Skuid allows you to make things have the exact look and feel you desire on a page.
- Skuid is constantly developing, so if the feature you need isn't available, it's likely coming soon on the roadmap.
- The Pros is that it is really easy to get a hang of the page designer, you can make a page in minutes when it would take you hours if you had to program in Apex.
- The pages are easy to deploy to a production environment in SalesForce.
- The model creation is very intuitive, you can very effictively design SOQL query and pull in the result in your page.
- The design/user experience is not the best, it is not very appealing to the eye. Even the different themes are very bland and not very vibrant.
- Skuid reaches its limits pretty quickly when you are trying to make pages that are a bit more involved. You are having to mess with the CSS in some strange ways to make things work like you want them to at times.
- It doesn't really do well in terms of responsive design, a design may look great on one screen and absolutely dreadful on another.
Skuid Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Skuid is a cloud UX platform that creates bespoke apps without writing code.
Business users and developers can point and click to connect to data from any source, including Salesforce®, Oracle®, SAP®, Google®, and Microsoft®, and easily assemble applications and portals with a set of drag-and-drop user interface components.
Skuid has offices in Chattanooga, San Francisco, London, and Zurich, with more than five million users in over 30 countries.
Skuid Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||50%|
Skuid Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Skuid Technical Details