Reviews (1-25 of 170)
- "One tool to master Data scraping": If your organization's main goal is to achieve data from internet and social media (like us) then focus on UiPath. There are very fine and crafted specific tools are available for data scraping in UiPath RPA. Initially, if you go for Python, you will end up wasting time. You will get a small result after brainstorming too much. Rather using UiPath you can select tags or HTML words just like you inspect element in your browser.
- "UiPath OCR APIs": You can not get a platform where you have OCR APIs at one place. You can have Google OCR, Microsoft OCR and ABBYY Reader plugins in the tool. If you face output problems with One OCR you can switch to another anytime. There is always a need for OCR when you do PDF Scraping or Screen Scraping. So why not go for UiPath rather than having multiple OCRs in your system.
- "Automation at its best": I am a user of Selenium from Linux. Though you cannot compare both yes, Selenium does some sort of automation for the web. You don't have to code anything in UiPath. If you are good enough with your Software Engineering skills (Like flow charts, DFDs etc) you are good to go. Not many prerequisites.
- Yes, REFramework needs some more level of understanding. UiPath Academy must give video tutorial for ReFramework on their Academy. REFramwork is very good, fault tolerant practice was given by UiPath which requires a good level of understanding the concepts.
- UiPath RPA should have a Linux package so that Linux users can too use this tool. Ubuntu support of this tool will add a new dimension of Automation.
- UiPath does not provide on-screen log system. Logging the automation step by step like a log manager will add a developer mode to the workflow. It'll be easy to debug the process.
The UiPath platform allows us to handle complex algorithms with very little software knowledge. It keeps us away from complex coding paradigms by visualizing software processes with the interface design it offers to the user. While it prevents us from getting lost in complex codes, it also minimizes our error rate.
It allows our business to save time while doing our daily routine. It reduces the workload by working 24/7.
- We regularly supply the data you will normally obtain with long efforts.
- It lists data in the way you determine, making it ready for use.
- UiPath Robots perform processes assigned to them 24/7, with or without human interaction.
- UiPath Studio enables users to collect and process data by determining the flow processes of users or recording screens with very little software knowledge.
- UiPath Orchestrator manages and configures robots. It manages and reports the robots workforce to increase efficiency by working from the cloud or a server.
- Embedded user interfaces
- Documents used in the first integrated phase of the product
- Technical service response times
- UiPath Academy
- UiPath Community
- Friendly user UiPath layout
- Good Uipath support
- Abby software should be provided, now you have to pay for tis advance OCR tool
- You need to have at least some programing skills, UiPath say at the beginning you do not need....
It is not advised to use UiPath when the website doesn't seem to be stable and the selectors keep changing frequently due to upgrades.
- UiPath Academy helped me to understand the fundamentals of RPA and how to implement it without coding skills.
- UiPath Community helped me to discover different know-how around how things should happen.
- The UiPath user interface is very user-friendly and simple to use.
- You need good log management so UiPath works in the right way.
- Any automation needs AI, even UiPath, so this is something users need to learn.
- Live code error correction
- Accurate Code Recomendation
- Easy to understand Workflow
- Basic screen scrapping - excellent.
- OCR plugins can help you achieve wonders.
- Ease of use & training the existing workforce.
- Excel-based commands are very convenient.
- Better cognitive capability.
- Custom scripting on par with Automation Anywhere.
- Better user interface - especially when custom coding features are incorporated.
- Cloud Version like AA.
- Uipath is a great solution to automate addressing emails with certain key words.
- Uipath is a great solution to send out automatic notifications to stakeholders during major incidents.
- Uipath is a great option for anyone without any technical knowledge to start Automating. I use Uipath to track server uptimes and at any point in time if it fails or if there is no communication, alerts are sent out by the UiPath BOT. I do not have to be available or allocate a resource to do this task.
- Excel automation to extract data tables and filter them using SQL.
- Data scrapping from sites like Amazon, Flipkart to automate the search tasks.
- Read data from web browsers and use in some other ways.
- Selector needs to be updated, I faced some issues using this feature.
- The training module needs to add some more activities training so it can help others to understand more.
- AI Computing is a good feature which helps in the image and Citrix automation.
- Performs manual repetitive tasks.
- Reads information from websites.
- Reads and writes to Excel.
- Works on GUI elements.
- Scheduling without orchestrator.
- Locking you in into their product environment.
- OCR reading.
When a task has existing APIs that could complete the repetitive process without needing to manipulate with UI screens, you should always use the API. Even as great as the UiPath platform is nothing can replace APIs at this time.
Unattended bots process backend information for the tasks that cannot be handled by the backend systems.
- Interfacing with front-end applications
- Studio development software works intuitively
- Fast-evolving to be able to handle future challenges
- Process development troubleshooting
- Development in UiPath Studio requires technical knowledge and development skills
The ultimate goal of UiPath is to provide a robot assistant for every employee in a company, but that might become quite costly. I suggest picking your battles on automation carefully.
- Online training
It is being used across the organisation to realise efforts within the company, as well as for the company's clients.
We've helped realise over 10,000 hours of efforts for our clients, which help in utilising resources for more serious or important work that requires complex strategies/human interference and is not rule-based. This allowed the employees to work on deliverables instead of mundane and repetitive tasks.
Apart from conventional RPA, it also supports API consumption and BAPI usage, which opens the developer to whole world of possibilities in implementing and designing a solution that is going to realise the maximum efforts with the least risk of failure.
- UiPath's GUI navigation and development in core RPA fields is very strong.
- Activities like Computer-Vision really enhance the already very good Image-based automation.
- Custom activities provide additional support and features.
- UiPath supports API consumption, which allows for non-conventional GUI Automation.
- UiPath supports BAPI consumption, which allows for non-conventional SAP GUI Automation.
- Orchestrator is very powerful, makes running, scheduling and managing processes, users, robots effective.
- UiPath GUI automation could intelligently identify a change in selector instead of failing.
- Could have easier side-by-side development within the same file/code (like Git).
- Could have improved versioning.
- Can improve robot tray interface.
- Can improve forum interface.
Unstable environments or target applications that frequently change, non-rule based or frequent changes in rules -- may not be a good candidate for automation.
Now, some specific scenarios where UiPath Process Mining is less appropriate are human intelligence, unstructured data, and if you need to sscan documents with less visibility or less DPI, etc.
- The intuitive orchestrator dashboard is the primary attraction.
- The convenience to create and deploy robots even by the business users is remarkable.
- UiPath's frequent updates of the software and the recent rollout deployment of cloud solution is a very welcomed move with its mobile app. I really admire the product engineering team.
- Rollouts at times causes application crashes.
- The OCR feature could be better at reading and extracting data.
UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform Scorecard Summary
About UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform
UiPath's hyperautomation platform combines a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solution with a full suite of capabilities to enable organizations to scale digital business operations at speed. The company boasts having already automated millions of repetitive, mind-numbing tasks for businesses and government organizations all over the world including approximately 50% of the Fortune 500.
They further state UiPath was recently recognized as the top company on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, a ranking of the fastest public and private technology companies in North America, was recently featured in CNBC Disruptor 50, and #3 on the 2019 Forbes Cloud 100.
UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform Competitors
UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform Technical Details