Teamviewer is great!
Updated March 25, 2019
Teamviewer is great!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer
It's good for connecting with customers to help troubleshoot and walk users through solving a technical issue. This is a great tool because it allows both the users and tech to see the same screen so everything that's happening during the troubleshooting is seen by users from both sides. TeamViewer can also be used for upgrading servers without needing to set up a VPN, etc.
- Fast and reliable.
- I really like the ability to prioritize the speed or quality of the image.
- I also like that you can set a static password so that you do not need to use the auto-generated passwords each time.
- Maybe include a chat feature like Zoom Meeting, etc.
- Also, the ability for multiple people to connect to one machine.
- Ultimately, if Teamviewer can enhance video sharing so that it isn't jumpy that would be excellent
- It's been positive so far as it allows us to easily and effectively access the client's desktop for troubleshooting purposes
- It allows for remote sessions into a company resource without the need to set up more complex VPN
- It also helps to transfer files between computers, even though it is not connected to the network as long as there is working internet.
- Zoom and Skype
So far TeamViewer is my preferred, go to software for this particular need. Zoom isn't bad, but it is laggy in comparison. However, it has the chat feature and ability to multi-conference with many people at once. To my knowledge, TeamViewer can only connect one person to one computer at a time.
It is best suited for troubleshooting purposes between an end user and a tech. In addition, a personalized, hands-on training can also benefit greatly as one person can give direction and watch as the other person performs the work. I also like to use it particularly to access resources from anywhere without having the need to create a VPN. It's probably less useful for situations that require the viewer to see the graphics intense display.
TeamViewer Feature Ratings
2 - So far, Teamviewer have been utilized by our IT department most. It allows us to remote into a client's machine to troubleshoot issues with their system and let us walk them through fixing it. In addition, being able to control machines from outside of the network without a VPN is extremely useful.
Teamviewer is extremely easy to use and have options for install vs run one time. I find this useful as there is not much support needed. It works right outside of the box and does not require users to mess around with the configurations too much. Of course, there are more advanced features, but it is unnecessary for the user to know for the most part.
- Troubleshooting client's machines/system
- System update from offsite
- transferring files
- we were able to transfer files without setting up an FTP site
- We are able to use Teamviewer to see what clients do wrong and direct them to fix their mistakes
- we were able to use TeamViewer for one on one training
- if multiple people can connect to one machine, it may help with training groups of people at once
- if video sharing were fast enough, it could help enhance certain sessions that require it
- We need to explore the advanced features to see what we can benefit from
Teamviewer is a great tool and it helps in many ways for any companies. I highly recommend this product for pretty much anyone. It is an all in one solution can assist with many aspects of business and is well worth the money for what it can do to help achieve flexibility and mobility.
Evaluating TeamViewer and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
I've personally used team viewer for things outside of work prior to using it for work. The prior experience with this product allows me to confidently trust the system and its capabilities. Therefore, the decision to purchase Teamviewer was a no brainer and since it is very easy to use, everyone else loves it as well.
If I were to do it over again, I don't think I will change anything. The evaluation and selection process was done based on prior experience with the product, which had a lot of good things and positive experience and it helped to quickly back up the decision to go with this product.
Implementation was easy enough that it didn't pose any problems. Training was minimal and the system works right out of the box.
Not sure - The system was used by a selected handful of people so it had a minimal impact regarding change management. In addition, since the IT team were the people using it, everyone already had sufficient security knowledge and did not have to be told on best practice with sharing the password or leaving unattended sessions open for too long.
I cannot rate this section as I never needed to use Teamviewer support for anything. The system just works out of the box as is and it easy enough to understand. A normal person will understand it right away without training and can use Teamviewer effectively on the first day as it is very easy to and intuitive use.
Teamviewer has a lot of useful features such as 1) screen sharing 2) session recording 3) file transfer, etc. All of these features are great and can help anyone easily connect to another machine within the company's network or outside quickly and effectively. Overall, it is a great product and extremely easy to use.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- connect to another machine using the code and password
- file transfers are easy to use
- recording the session is particularly useful and easy to use
- set a static password - not so much difficult, but you have to dig into it to find out it is available
- version inconsistency - often times someone will download TeamViewer and it is a different version than yours, raising the error of version mismatch
- sharing screen with a video playing lags the system a bit