TeamViewer provides software for both remote management and online collaborations. With TeamViewer, users have access to fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video communication, including interactive screen sharing and remote access features.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/5v/PN/4ZAW7KOFDJ2B.JPEGTeamViewer is a team player!At my previous position, we used TeamViewer two-fold. One for IT troubleshooting network/PC issues remotely and secondly, to update the presentation slideshows on multiple monitors across two campuses, one in Florida, one in Massachusetts.,Login is seamless to any installed base via the app. Multiple user access streamlines workflow. Remote access to multiple desktops at work.,When a system has a pending Windows update, TeamViewer has connectivity issues. Set the number of users able to be logged on at once. Someone needs to log out for someone to log in at certain points. File uploading remotely to an active desktop has connectivity issues.,8,The workflow has been smoother allowing me to directly control computers on other campuses rather than rely on a chain of people. I can update multiple desktops at once allowing me more control over how my time is spent. When something breaks, I can fix it anytime, anywhere, with portable apps.,8,9,LogMeIn Pro, Chrome Remote Desktop, VNC Connect and Webex Meetings,OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox BusinessExcellent Remote Online sharingSoftware for remote control, desktop, and file transferring and sharing between computers. Provides remote support and collaborative online. You can connect to different remote computers and laptops. Is a remote access solution that helps improve your business. Easy to use, very good features. Can also use the web conferences option in a remote mode.,Remote support File sharing Collaborative online,Slow internet connections do not help their productivity Remote Support Sharing files,10,Information sharing Remote online access Remote control,9,9,Microsoft Yammer, Webex Meetings, Chrome Remote DesktopTeamviewer is great!It's good for connecting with customers to help troubleshoot and walk users through solving a technical issue. This is a great tool because it allows both the users and tech to see the same screen so everything that's happening during the troubleshooting is seen by users from both sides. TeamViewer can also be used for upgrading servers without needing to set up a VPN, etc.,Fast and reliable. I really like the ability to prioritize the speed or quality of the image. I also like that you can set a static password so that you do not need to use the auto-generated passwords each time.,Maybe include a chat feature like Zoom Meeting, etc. Also, the ability for multiple people to connect to one machine. Ultimately, if Teamviewer can enhance video sharing so that it isn't jumpy that would be excellent,10,It's been positive so far as it allows us to easily and effectively access the client's desktop for troubleshooting purposes It allows for remote sessions into a company resource without the need to set up more complex VPN It also helps to transfer files between computers, even though it is not connected to the network as long as there is working internet.,Zoom and Skype,Zoom Video Webinar, Dropbox, OneDrive,2,,Troubleshooting client's machines/system System update from offsite transferring files,we were able to transfer files without setting up an FTP site We are able to use Teamviewer to see what clients do wrong and direct them to fix their mistakes we were able to use TeamViewer for one on one training,if multiple people can connect to one machine, it may help with training groups of people at once if video sharing were fast enough, it could help enhance certain sessions that require it We need to explore the advanced features to see what we can benefit from,10,Not Sure,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,If I were to do it over again, I don't think I will change anything. The evaluation and selection process was done based on prior experience with the product, which had a lot of good things and positive experience and it helped to quickly back up the decision to go with this product.,Implemented in-house,No,Sometimes there is a mismatch with versioning and that can be a bit problematic since a lot of people use one time run instead of install.,10,10,No,N/A, never had to use the support for TeamViewer,connect to another machine using the code and password file transfers are easy to use recording the session is particularly useful and easy to use,set a static password - not so much difficult, but you have to dig into it to find out it is available version inconsistency - often times someone will download TeamViewer and it is a different version than yours, raising the error of version mismatch sharing screen with a video playing lags the system a bit,Yes, but I don't use it,10TeamViewer is a must have in your Technology Tool Kit!We used TeamViewer for our Remote users for support. We had issues in supporting the remote users and trying to access with Remote Desktop with VPN. TeamViewer made that process easy! I have had many instances of users either working from different states, at conferences, etc. They have needed immediate help with issues. TeamViewer was my only option and first choice for support. This product does exactly what it is built to do.,Remote access from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. File Sharing is simple and easy Ease of Use for any users and is not dependent on experience or technology knowledge. Chat is a great feature when both users are limited in telephone or cellular access.,None that I have noticed.,10,No negative impact only positive. This has made my remote support seamless.,UserZoom and GoToMyPC,Apple Remote Desktop, Bomgar Remote Support Software, Remote Desktop Services,10,2,Out of state Users Remote/Work From Home Users IT Department Members,None,We use it at the capacity our organization is setup.,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,No.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,None,10,Self-taught,Easy as pie! Yes for those with knowledge of desktop remote access.,10,No,10,No,The support ID for my desktop app was not working. I received and error that my machine was using a duplicate ID. I was not able to reset it, so the Support team pointed me to a KB Article. The article helped me resolve the issue quickly. The support to having the knowledge of what KB would help was essential to my success in resolving.,Remote desktop function is simple and easy to use. Just provide or receive the ID and Password and off you go. Sharing screen and switching between users was simple as a click of the button. Remote desktop into systems is easy.,I do not use all the functions of the product so nothing that I use is difficult.,Yes,10Perfect utility for remote work.I often have to work remotely and this was the tool I used to ensure that I could still get into my system when working from offsite, a remote location or from home. I leave TeamViewer running on the host machine and then remote in when required. The primary concern was reliability as I needed something that wouldnt crash or shut down since that would significantly impact my work. In all the time I used this, I never ran into that issue.,Being able to reboot and still connect back to the host machine is a life saver. There might be times when your PC locks up or an update causes the system to reboot. In those scenarios you want something that will reconnect and get you back in. It is super reliable. I counted heavily on it to not crash or close itself when needed and it never let me down. Nothing worse than think you can remote into your PC and finding out your remote tool wasnt running. Never had this issues with TeamViewer. Speed was also really good. Working from Hotels etc means I am not always on blazing fast internet so I needed something that would work well even on low bandwidth. This performed admirably.,The mobile version is a little difficult to navigate. I understand part of that is because you are using it on a smaller screen and controlling a different OS but it can still do better in that scenario.,9,No real negative impact. It's worked fine for us and we have had no real issues in all the time we used it.,LogMeIn Rescue, Bomgar Remote Support Software and Zoom,Norton Internet Security, MailChimp, Zoom, WebEx Meetings,4,,Remote log in and access. File transfer and sharing. Screen sharing.,If the file sharing improves in speed and size we might use it to transfer files more frequently.,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Third-party Reviews,I think we did a pretty thorough evaluation. I wouldnt change anything.,9EasyTeamsTeamviewer provides an easy solution by which I can remote into the laptops of consultants when they are doing on-site work for us remotely on our off-site infrastructure.,Teamviewer provides a very easy pass key based authentication system by which you can remote into the host machine. It provides a very simple to set up a sharing session Provides a very simple to install executable,Maybe it could provide a prompt for when you would like to allow control of your machine before passing keyboard and mouse control Some optimizing for slower speed internet connections to make it more usable over something like a MiFi connection,7,Overall I it's think positive as it saves time and is very easy to use.,GoToMeeting,WebEx Meetings, GoToMeeting,12,,remote support collaboration with junior technical staff,control of remote network equipment through a serial connection on a remote laptop,it might replace our corp standard for laptop and remote user support,7,No,Price Product Usability Existing Relationship with the Vendor,We followed our standard methodology.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,no major issues,7,No,7,No,Overall it has been good but nothing exceptional comes to mind.,remote login remote control,file transfer,Yes,8Teamviewer - Best software for remote PC controlIt is basically used to resolve issues related to computer software immediately, by taking control of the computer facing the issue and resolving it immediately. The remote control feature works seamlessly over the network and allows us to handle any computer related issues of the organization,Great features such as desktop sharing, file transfer and remote control Seamless connectivity over any network Easy to understand, learn and use,Doesn't work through proxy servers Cannot transfer huge files Security concerns,8,The commercial version was worth the price to pay for as far as features are concerned The software has helped a lot in managing computer issues for the organization Worth the price to be paid,anydesk,TeamViewer,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,Maybe the focus would be more toward the support provided by the software team in terms of quick response, faster resolving of issues.,Yes,7,No,Did not have such experience.Great Remote Troubleshooting tool---TeamViewerTeamViewer is primarily used by our infrastructure team to assist resources or consultants who are working remotely. Well, we can log in and access the user's computer remotely and resolve any kind of computer issue they may be having. We do have a cloud based email service and sometimes users run into issues accessing the web-mail. Also, if users have any issues related to VPN connection or any other network connectivity issue, we can resolve it using TeamView, hence troubleshooting the user's issue helps us to boost our business and it helps our resources to focus better.,You can instantly connect to a user's computer and take full control. You can also transfer data (such as Windows files etc.) using this application. It gives the option to do video and audio conference and chatting. You can schedule and hold meetings as well.,Connection timed out issue: Though the connection to the remote computer is instant but the connection sometimes doesn't last for long despite good internet connectivity at both ends. I am not sure if the application in itself has a loophole which perhaps the developers would like to address. Sometimes the mouse pointer freezes when you are already working on the remote machine.,8,Better customer service for sure in help desk environments. Better efficiency for troubleshooting, existing team resources, and computer issues. They are able to focus in their work much better and this increases the overall productivity.,Gotomeeting,,,Mainly used for remote troubleshooting.,For hosting or scheduling meetings.,8,No,Product Features Prior Experience with the Product,None,Don't know,None,5,No,6,No,never used support,Remote connection to computers in remote locations. File transfer is also easy,Haven't had any such situation,8TeamViewer - The One Stop Shop for Remote AccessIn our organization we use TeamViewer a great deal because we are a global company. It is utilized mainly for connecting to computers that are overseas where the users are not always available to help us gain access to their computers. We also use the software as a method to connect remotely when other remote assistance / access tools don't function effectively. A couple examples of this is when there is an extremely slow connection or when a computer has been infected with a virus and needs to be rebooted in safe mode and then accessed again remotely.,Speed of the connection: The speed that TeamViewer allows the screen to refresh is very helpful especially when connecting to computers all around the world. This is the fastest software as far as screen refresh that I have ever used. All other software has a lag due to the speed of the connection. I have never run into an issue with Teamviewer. File Transfer: The file transfer capability that TeamViewer has is a very nice thing to have. When working on systems that are in a location where the user is not able to assist you due to the time difference or schedule conflicts, this becomes very useful for copying install files to the computer while the computer is not connected to the company network. View-ability of dual monitors: This feature is invaluable. In the earlier versions of the software it wasn't an option. Ever since version 7 I believe you have the option to view more than 1 monitor should the end user have more than one connected to their computer. This is very useful when working on computers remotely because of the convenience. Able to restart the computer in safe mode: This feature has allowed me to connect to numerous computers that were very infected with a virus which was preventing other remote software tools from successfully establishing a connection. Allowing the connection to be re-established after prompting the "restart in safe mode" has saved endless hours in downtime for our end users. Account / System Management: If you create an account, which you should do to get the full functionality out of the program, you can do so much more. Once you are signed in you can create groups which can be based upon the systems locations. Within that you can include your different systems and configure the separate instances to save the ID and password so it connects automatically when you double click on the system. You can name the system with the user's name which makes connecting / searching for a users computer simple.,No connection re-established after connect and disconnect of VPN: This isn't necessarily a weakness of TeamViewer but it would be something that would be nice to see them improve on. The software doesn't automatically prompt when the system is available to connect to again when VPN is either connected or disconnected manually during the remote connection. It prompts when the system is again available when a reboot is initiated. Tabbed connections: In version 9, when you are connected to multiple systems at the same time, the software only has one window open but tabs the connections. When you are connected to 3 or 4 systems at the same time, it is a nice feature but can be a bit confusing. You need to make sure that you have the systems named differently. Private use cost: If you wanted to use the program for private use but want to have multiple connections saved in an account, you need to purchase a license for the software. The software isn't very expensive when you relate it to a corporation's other expenses but when you relate it to a personal user's finances, it's an expensive software, but if you can justify spending the money, it is a great program and will live up to your expectations every time.,10,TeamViewer has increased our efficiency / reliability as a customer technical support desk. We are able to resolve issues much faster and with greater ease than with any other remote support software. TeamViewer has allowed us to add a "Remote Desktop" link on our website that is fully customizable that allows us to establish a remote support connection with our customers and individuals that use our software. This is something that has improved our customer service because before TeamViewer we weren't able to do anything as far as computer technical support with our outside customers that were not on our network. Being able to connect to user's computers while they are away on vacation, working at home due to sickness or inclement weather is invaluable. We are thankful for TeamViewer especially when other remote access software wouldn't work because the reason that they are calling is because their VPN software (their link to the network) isn't working. This isn't an issue for TeamViewer because a connection to the same network isn't needed for a connection to be established.,,10,25,3,Connecting remotely to computers that are located in different countries: This is essentials because of the time difference that makes it difficult to have end user assistance on the foreign countries end. This software allows us to work on the computer without any interaction needed with the end user. Connecting to a computer that is infected with a virus or spyware: This software allows us to remotely resolve virus issues whereas before we utilized this software all of these computers needed to be sent back to our headquarters where they could be repaired, meaning that the end user had at least 2 days of downtime. Connecting to users that are outside of our network without any working method of getting connected to the network: All of our other remote access software requires the systems to be located on our network. If they are not connected to the same network a connection cannot be established. TeamViewer makes a connection possible.,TeamViewer makes it possible for us to connect to customers and business partners from all around the world and assist with issues on their computers related to the installation / functionality of our software. We never knew that was going to be a possibility. Connecting to computers that are infected with a virus that is making the computer unusable was something that we weren't expecting. That was something that was a nice surprise.,With TeamViewer, eventually it may be possible and effective to allow the technical support folks to work from any location in the world because of the speed and effectiveness of TeamViewer.,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,I don't believe that I would change anything regarding the evaluation / selection process that we went through except maybe just going ahead with the purchase and integration sooner. As much as this software has improved our customer service and increased our efficiency, the cost of the software is out of the question. It is well worth every penny.,Self-taught,5,5,The software was fairly easy to understand and learn while on the job without proper training. Learning the different features on my own made it interesting and more rewarding. It didn't take long to learn the ins and outs of the software since I use it so frequently. I would recommend this approach to others because you don't need to spend money on training for this software if you have any background / knowledge or remote tools at all.,10,I was having trouble with two remote systems taking the same ID so when I would try to connect to one of the computers it would connect to one or the other. This was an issue that I reported and they had already seen the issue and knew how to fix it. They had me up and running again on both systems within a half hour.,Initiating connection with computer: All you need to do is have the ID and password of the computer / device that you're attempting to connect to and you're in. There is nothing complex or complicated about that process. Very easy for a person with any computer knowledge. File Transfers: File transfers are very easy to initiate. All you need to do is drag and drop a file or folder from your computer onto the screen that you're connected to and the transfer process initiates automatically. Connecting to multiple screens: The process of connecting to multiple screens is very easy. On the top bar in the screen that you're connected to there are many options. With one click you can switch between multiple screens or view the entire desktop at the same time.,Keeping all computers in your account up to date: When you create an account in TeamViewer to save all of your connections, there currently is no way to perform a remote update to the remote computers TeamViewer software. You must connect to the computer and perform a manual update. This adds difficulty. When setting a password on the remote computer it is a bit cumbersome when the user on the remote system is not an administrator on the computer because you need to log off of the system, log in as the administrator on the computer, add the user as an administrator and log back in as the user just to allow TeamViewer to start up during the start up of Windows and use a static password which you can set on the connection account. It takes a few steps to get it to work nicely in this situation but I haven't run into it too many times. I have run into an issue when doing a manual update on a computer where the software doesn't properly perform the update and then it throws errors constantly. When this happens I try running the update again as another user that is an administrator on the computer, I try uninstalling the software completely and removing all files from Program Files. Nothing seems to correct the issue. This has maybe happened 5 times since I started using the software so it isn't a big concern.,Yes,10Great remote assistant software becomes great web conferencing softwareWe initially purchased TeamViewer for remote assistance for Help Desk users and remote server administration. We now have begun using the software for web conferencing and recording.,High quality recordings are very small (Web Conferencing) Web Conference attendees can use an In-Browser flash viewer or a one-time executable viewer Mac and Windows QuickSupport clients The TeamViewer client also works as an Instant Messaging platform Remote sessions can be shared with other team members Constantly evolving (both VoIP and Web Conferencing are new features since we first purchased the product),Newest version is kind of pushy about trying to get you to purchase their ITBrain product Linux version uses Wine, would like to see a native executable like the Mac version Add back the ability to enable/disable Direct-In,9,Lower costs for web conferencing Faster resolution time on help desk tickets Increased off-hours coverage,,9,,1,Remote Assistance Web Conferencing Remote Server Access,Remote File Transfer DR Site Administration,Mobile Device Support,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,We evaluated several solutions. TeamViewer simply came out as the best solution for our needs and our budget. I wouldn't change anything.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Needed to train our staff (about 1 hour) Deploying the QuickSupport executable to end systems,10,Self-taught,Yes, there are several good documents on the TeamViewer site that allowed us to create our own training.,No,9,I've only had one time that I needed support from TeamViewer and it was for a beta version. Their support provided an acceptable solution and the problem was fixed once that version was out of beta.,QuickSupport allows for you to use a code and pin for accessing remote systems Custom QuickSupport also adds the ability to tie a QuickSupport executable to a user id...no need for code and pin The in-browser viewer for web conferences is a better solution than most,I would like a way to disable specific system alerts without purchasing the ITBrain product,Yes, but I don't use it,10,9,7,8,Help Desk,8,9,9,Yes,Windows 8 Support,Nothing yet, but they are always impressing us with their new features,No,NoTeamViewer: A Great tool for IT Support for Small to Medium Businesses.I connect to users that can't get connected any other way, they may be having IE, Mozilla, or Chrome problems either via malware or other reasons. It allows me to get connected to them even though they have internet problems. I've successfully connected to a user I couldn't get connected to via logmein, gotoassist or join.me.,The users does the installation and provides a number and password. The user can control who is on their computer and what they are doing. Our customer or user is allowed to use this freeware with a friend, colleague who has TeamViewer as well. There is a meeting module that allows you to share data and Extras to play or convert recordings. You can also setup "wake-on-LAN" which is turning on the computer of the user. You can also assign the computer (device) to a TeamViewer account so it can remotely managed. There is Video Conferencing, audio conferencing and customized invites via partner mail. A random password gets created every time you get connected to keep connections from being hijacked.,It's difficult to say what is needed for improvement when you have so many features.,8,Better Customer Service allowing us to get connected to a user having an issue that other tools might not be able to accomplish. If I couldn't connect to the user and fix his/her issue I can't resolve their issue and I can't get paid for the work I do. There is only so much I can do with conversation directing a customer. This tool helps immensely. This tool is also a good teacher for me to get onto someone's computer and show them how to do something if they need assistance with an application, or a problem understanding how to connect to something.,GoToAssist,LogMeIn Rescue,Join.me,ScreenConnect,10,10,Resolving Cloud issues with a user's computer Getting rid of malware and spyware, viruses using the file transfer option Fixing printer issues,Showing users how to use applications on their computer Connecting again without needed the ID just the newly created random password. connecting to a server again if necessary.,we could use it in the future for unattended support,8,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,I wouldn't change the evaluation and selection process.,No,7,No,File Transfer Remote Support TeamViewer meetings,none I'm aware of.,8
TeamViewer

TeamViewer Reviews

TeamViewer

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 11 of 1293 TeamViewer ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
March 25, 2019

Teamviewer is great!

Support

I cannot rate this section as I never needed to use Teamviewer support for anything. The system just works out of the box as is and it easy enough to understand. A normal person will understand it right away without training and can use Teamviewer effectively on the first day as it is very easy to and intuitive use.
Jordan Paquette profile photo
November 26, 2014

TeamViewer - The One Stop Shop for Remote Access

Support

I have not needed to contact TeamViewer support much in regards to the software not performing like it is supposed to. The only reason that we contact support is to get the license keys for our updated software. We always get a response in a very reasonable amount of time with the new license keys included.
Read Jordan Paquette's full review

Screen sharing (145)
9.2
File transfer (137)
Instant message (128)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (53)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (85)
Over-the-Internet remote session (140)
Initiate remote control from mobile (117)
Remote management of servers & workstations (117)
Remote Active Directory® management (63)
Centralized management dashboard (84)
Session record (88)
Annotations (71)
Monitoring and Alerts (78)
Multi-platform remote control (113)

About TeamViewer

TeamViewer aims to empower users to connect anything, anywhere, anytime. The company says its solution offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. The vendor says TeamViewer has been activated on more than 1.7 billion devices and serves at least 40 million concurrent connections at any time. Founded in 2005, the company employs more than 700 people in offices across Germany, the United States, Japan and Australia.

TeamViewer Integrations

TeamViewer Competitors

RescueAssist, Dameware Remote Support, BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar)

TeamViewer Technical Details