Based on 116 reviews and ratings
Based on 178 reviews and ratings
Jobvite and SmartRecruiters are both applicant tracking systems and talent acquisition platforms. They have users across business sizes but specialize in distinct company size segments.
Jobvite is more targeted toward the “midmarket”, or midsize and large companies. It emphasizes robust customizability and analytics. In contrast, SmartRecruiters is more focused on enterprise recruiting, with an easy to use interface and add-on capabilities designed for scalability.
Both Jobvite and SmartRecruiters have robust strengths tailored to their customer bases.
Jobvite focuses on its customizable workflows and analytics to streamline recruiting processes. Reviewers highlight how the flexible workflows and processes enable a higher level of recruiter collaboration that is tailored to each company’s processes. Jobvite’s analytics and reporting also give recruiters additional visibility into their recruiting processes.
SmartRecruiters is also recognized for its collaborative capabilities. It also places significant emphasis on its scalability and support for high-growth companies. With this audience in mind, SmartRecruiters offers an easy to use interface designed for templatization and scalability.
While Jobvite and SmartRecruiters both have strong features, there are also some limitations worth considering.
Jobvite is primarily criticized for its user management and orientation around applications. The user management capabilities are limited, as administrators lack control over recruiters’ visibility and access to candidate information. The platform is also application-centric, which can make it difficult to get a view of what a particular candidate has applied for across various positions on Jobvite. This can make sourcing candidates across roles difficult.
On the other hand, SmartRecruiters is criticized for its pricing and performance under certain conditions. Since it focuses on enterprises, its pricing model is structured for those organizations, which can be a higher financial burden on smaller organizations. Some reviewers also report performance issues, especially when many users are on the platform simultaneously or are performing high-volume tasks.
Jovite is priced by quote from the vendor. It offers distinct modules for Hiring (the ATS), Engaging (sourcing talent), Onboarding, Career Sites, Mobile applications, and other capabilities.
SmartRecruiters is also priced by quote from the vendor, depending on the requested add-ons and the number of employees a company has. On top of the core platform, buyers can add on SmartCRM, SmartAssistant (an AI tool), SmartGlobal tailored to international recruiting, and Onboarding. Additionally, if a company is hiring for 10 roles or fewer, there is a basic package called SmartStart available for free.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on June 16, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
Job Requisition Management
Company Website Posting
Publish to Social Media
Job Search Site Posting
Customized Application Form
Duplicate Candidate Prevention
Task Creation and Delegation
Notifications and Alerts
- Simple distribution of jobs to various job boards.
- Excellent user interface and very simple for new users to learn.
- Customization tools make it easy to make changes to application
- Candidates are not required to create an account when submitting applications. Greatly speeds up the process and lowers our drop off rate considerably.
- Robust, simple reporting feature.
- I love the integration with Google calendar because everyone who is involved in the interview gets an invitation and it shows up on your calendar.
- The use of auto-fill templates helps significantly and speeds up the time it takes to send an email to interested candidates.
- The offer approval process is easy to edit and helps keep everyone on the same page.
- Tech support via chat. There are some instances when it takes awhile for a representative to help out via chat.
- When modifying a interview schedule, I wish the tool would automatically update the schedule when I make a change to one person on the list.
- Within the job posting area, formatting or, reformatting text, can be difficult.
- There is no use of the "back" button allowed. If you purposely, or not purposely, hit the "back" botton you will lose all of your work from that session.
- We have encountered a problem with "evergreen" postings. We recruit for the same position title, within a large geographic area. The SmartRecruiters system starts to see multiple positions, with the same title, as spam. This results in the position not being posted. We have worked with Customer Service to resolve this "glitch" and seem to experience less of this at the current time.
Likelihood to Renew
• I don’t utilize all features. For example, message board. I find this particular feature a bit overwhelming. There is so much data on a single screen, that it’s hard to take in and prioritize. I think this screen could be organized a little better so that action items are more clearly visible and action priority is clearer
Reliability and Availability
The software lets you re-engineer things
Return on Investment
- Incredibly positive, our applications have risen by 22% year over year since implementing and on pace to exceed 30% growth this year.
- The ROI has been especially strong with regards to military veteran recruitment, and other types of specialty recruitment because of it's social reach.
- Our candidate experience scores are higher than industry benchmarks and it's largely due to the experience on Jobvite.
- We've achieved a better quality of hire overall, particularly with using the compare candidate feature.
- Time-savings for sure. With the newly released delay rejection feature, this has allowed me to keep up with candidate actions without compromising the candidate experience.
- We've been able to make some tactical decisions with the analytics suite data which has provided a higher ROI on our recruiting ad budget.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Jobvite Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
SmartRecruiters Editions & Modules
|Corporate||Varies, per FTE1|
|Global||Varies, per FTE1|
- Billed annually
- up to 10 active job postings