Lever Reviews

February 22, 2020

One stop recruitment management tool

Lever is currently being used across our whole organization as the preferred tool for organizing recruitment and the overall process from posting job, interview, review, and finally, making an offer.
  • A lot of integrations with various tools, e.g., Slack, google suite, LinkedIn
  • form customizations
  • Auditing, e.g., see the history who has accessed the profile
  • History or revision
If you are an organization that is looking to consolidate, organize the recruitment process -- Lever tool is definitely for you. On the other hand, if it's a smaller company, you would have to invest a lot since someone needs to maintain the configuration of the recruitment process and it might be tedious.
I have never contacted support so far, but the knowledge base is quite extensive.
February 20, 2020

Lever

We use Lever as our tool for evaluating and tracking potential job candidates within our system. It links to our online application portal, we use it to provide feedback on candidates during the interview process, and it can be used when we submit referrals on new hires.
  • Integrated system
  • Price point for use
Lever works well for our organization's needs, wouldn't be necessary for small biz, but it is great to manage hiring and interviewing for our company.
I haven't needed to use support because the tool works well enough.
October 12, 2019

Overall positive experience with Lever

Lever is our primary recruiting tool and it is used throughout the entire company. We use their UI for job postings and also their internal functionality for looking at candidates, setting up interviews and reviewing candidates. We have it integrated with a few other products as well in order to link test scores for recruitment exercises.
  • Integration with 3rd party tools (e.g. Hackerrank, LinkedIn).
  • UI for seeing candidates and providing feedback.
  • A bit crowded to view threads of conversation/comments on candidates.
  • Font and layout could be updated/modernized.
Lever is a great tool to use for large company's recruitment and hiring needs. I have not worked with a better 3rd party platform to do this. The one callout is Lever does not integrate with all 3rd party test-taking tools.
Overall the support has been good for this tool.
Hayden Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2019

Lever is our key to success in recruitment~

Lever is being used by our HR and Recruiting specialists to get the entire organization involved in the recruiting and hiring process at Lucidchart. It increases the amount of qualified employees applying to positions and therefore increasing overall company growth in a healthy and exciting way. The tool is being used by almost everyone at our company.
  • Lever is amazing at making the referral process easy and fast for internal employees.
  • They provide an easy way to track the progress of our referrals and also provide feedback when necessary.
  • Lever is also great for tracking the interview process and collaborating to decide YES or NO on a given candidate.
  • It would be nice if we were provided a more detailed summary of why our referrals were not selected for a position.
  • The feedback feature that interviewers can give on candidates is great, but it is sometimes hard to find again after completion.
  • If there is a mobile version, better marketing/awareness on this would be helpful.
Lever is perfect for early recruiting processes and can also be utilized by more seasoned teams for internal interviews as well! It may be less appropriate for other HR processes like emails, schedules, and presenting offers when actually extending the opportunity to take a position at our company.
Read Hayden Anderson's full review
Chase Palmer, CISSP | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2019

Good at what it does, buy struggles in some areas.

Lever is used as a recruiting and referral program for finding candidates for employment. Lever is used by all employees to submit referrals for job postings, and the talent acquisition/recruitment team uses Lever to reach out to candidates, schedule interviews, keep notes, and push candidates through the hiring workflow. Those who are part of the hiring committee, or been asked to participate in an interview are given tasks to review the candidates resume and provide feedback from the interview. Lever keeps everything centralized and keeps the workflow moving.
  • Keeps candidates information and interview notes organized
  • The interface is pretty simple to navigate
  • Provides a public facing page to list all of your available job postings
  • Product offering levels seems to be mismatched. You can get single sign on, but API access is separate. Turning on SSO will break the API.
  • The integration into G Suite for mail and calendar when using subdomains and SSO.
  • Doesn't support the use of multiple sub domains very well. We ended up accidentally duplicated every user account and then temporarily lost all candidate notes and feedback.
Lever is good as an introductory hiring management solution where you start receiving 50 - 100 applications for a position. It works well with a smaller number of candidates and when there are fewer people involved in the process. Once you start getting several hundred people into the system and you are implementing things like SSO, which most enterprise companies use, things become very complicated and can get messed up very easily.
Read Chase Palmer, CISSP's full review
November 29, 2018

Lever: Easy to Use Applicant Tracking System for quick ROI

Lever is used across the organization to manage our recruiting lifecycle. It helps us manage candidate communication, job postings, data and analytics, and gives our hiring managers insight into the process.
  • Lever has great reporting features which are easy to access quickly.
  • Lever has good roles and permissions to involve employees across the company in the recruiting process.
  • Lever can be customized to reflect the hiring process of your organization.
  • Sometimes the product could be buggy from time to time.
Lever is a solid applicant tracking system that is reasonably priced and can be deployed quickly across an organization. It is easy to use and does not require substantial training.
July 10, 2018

A great way to spin up recruitment operations

I came in right as we began to scale up recruitment before we had a recruitment team in place. The first thing I did was request we get Lever. It may have been 6 months early in terms of the breadth of features that we have available compared to our recruitment pipeline; however, the automation, reporting & administration led to us hiring 3 people (+1 intern) in 10 weeks, and I'm confident that wouldn't have happened as quickly (and potentially at all) without Lever.
  • Automating scheduling of meetings based on pipeline stage across all team members
  • Automating feedback forms to make sure you get actionable feedback on each interview
  • Pipeline analytics to help identify friction and predict how many candidates you need to make a hire.
  • Meeting scheduling is still a bit clunky - I can't embed the scheduling link in a hyperlink for example.
  • I'd love more integrations at the lower plan rate, but I honestly can't complain
  • The blue & black buttons for recent activity/inactivity aren't very visible
If you're looking to build a predictable recruitment funnel, Lever is a great way to build some solid foundation that will scale with your recruitment team. We hit the ground running quickly with minimal human resources and built a funnel that managed hundreds of candidates across multiple positions on multiple continents, and now we're in a great place to hire a full-time recruiter to take that foundation and scale it up for our next 50 hires.
Thomas Wieler | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 23, 2017

Lever is a future oriented ATS System

We, the total organization, are using Lever for the whole candidate management process (ATS), means from search, via interviews to contract closure. Lever helps us to manage the candidates and to generate high-quality results for our customers.
  • Simple to learn user interface - It is easy to learn Lever very quickly. It has a modern user interface, is straight forward and is fully cloud based. Means everyone has access to the system which underlines modern working flexibility.
  • Professional Workflow and simple in adapting companies' requirements - There are possibilities to generate email templates, feedback forms, and other templates to be much quicker in terms of reacting to candidate's communication. It helps to set up a structured workflow so that candidates flow to the next stage by defining simple events. In addition, Microsoft and Google email systems and integrations are properly available now.
  • Very good and quick support - To use the integration service from Lever is really helpful and great. Every company gets a supporter who sets up the requirements with the customer. I personally appreciated the support very much because it was very kind, quick and helpful.
  • Additional tools for searching, social network integration and structured interviewing - These are additional resources which are available in the full version package which could be good but at a much higher price point.
  • Price structure and available tools - As already mention in the PROS section there are a lot of tools available but at a very high price point and only in total or not. There should be more flexibility by having some choices for some additional money.
  • In general less problems - There are some spaces for improvements but these are no critical ones. Major point is the possibility to jump between the separate resources. Sometimes you have to close first before you can select the next option.
  • Presentation Layer of existing information - Sometimes the way existing information is presented could be optimized and should be more and better window oriented (window size is more or less fix).
1. Standard Version very nice to handle all candidates and pools in a professional and structured way. 2. Enterprise Version Total process including the search and job description presentation far better than in the standard version.
Read Thomas Wieler's full review
Brandon Hawes | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 05, 2017

Lever from the POV of an interviewer

We use Lever as our recruiting CRM. All departments use it in some way or another. From the sales side, I specifically used Lever to input referral candidates and enter all candidate feedback after interviews. It provided a central system for feedback to avoid email feedback and help maintain consistency across interviewers.
  • Centralized system for all aspects of recruiting that can be used across the company, meaning as sales managers we used it to avoid duplicate work.
  • Simple. After interviewing a candidate, I had to just click on one link where I would input all of my feedback, enter my hiring score, hit submit and I was done. I didn't have unnecessary screens to work through.
  • Referring candidates was extremely easy with the Chrome extension. You just put in a linkedin profile URL and it was done. No worrying about emails getting to the right place.
  • Very easy to go back and see feedback on past candidates.
  • At least the way we had it set up, the feedback system was a little clunky. It was all free-form and didn't really address ensuring consistency across interviewers.
For growing companies that need to move from manual candidate tracking or provide a way to get feedback from interviewers in a central location, this is a good potential solution. If you are looking for something that takes a more quantitative approach to recruiting, the way we were set up wouldn't work very well. It seems to be a strictly qualitative evaluation based solution.
Read Brandon Hawes's full review
Ashley (Gay) Graham | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 09, 2017

Ultimate HR tech solution for a growing tech firm!

We have had great success implementing it for our Marketing and Client Success teams. As People Operations, I use Lever to hire primarily for our fastest growing team (Client Success), and then trained the hiring manager for Marketing in how to use it.

I offered to implement it across the organization. The Sales and Development/Engineering departments were not ready to implement it as they are relying on recruiters and their own processes. I suspect that when they become inundated with communications to recruiters, and between team members who perform secondary interviews, they will come around to using Lever. In the meantime, we are showing good results in the other departments and are prepared to provide them case studies and training.
  • Lever is great about keeping the paper trail for candidates in one convenient profile. It allows interviewers to track what has already been gleaned by way of previous feedback as well what has been covered in email exchanges.
  • Lever's high-level views--whether through its reporting tool or its delineation of candidates in workflow stages--are helpful for managers who do not have time for the nitty-gritty, but want to see the general trends of candidate movement.
  • I am a big fan of how Lever syncs everything with team members' Google Calendars and Gmail. This has been a big time-saver as I used to sort through emails manually and create calendar events manually (with Google forms for feedback).
  • The ability to create templates in Lever has been a big improvement upon my copy/pasting templates in emails prior to Lever. More importantly, the feature to send these templates at a later date/customizable time help me keep the fast personalization in step with sustainable rhythms.
  • Team members love that Lever notifies them of interviews in Slack--and that I can address our interview crew Slack channel with updates on Candidates. Additionally, the feedback reminders in Slack ensure that I'm not having to take time to pester people, but can automate the pace of my pestering. :)
  • I also utilize Lever's DocuSign integration for the offer stage. This has been a great help as we want to make it easier for candidates to become excited about the offer and quickly (seamlessly) accept it.
  • I wish there was more integration with DocuSign, such that we could set up more links (besides the offer letter) for new hire paperwork once the offer has been accepted.
  • The data migration process was intensive for me since we were not coming from an ATS before with a readily translated database. I agreed to manually enter information into a template they sent me so that I could have at least the 25% most recent candidates represented in my reporting/analytics (a little over 100 candidates). So when this information was not fully migrated (i.e.: the dates when someone entered and left the pipeline reflect the day of the migration despite inquiries about a fix), I was a little disappointed. The data migration was only necessary if it gave us more date for accurately reflecting statistics related to our hiring process. Since it not showing accurately, we could have started from scratch in some way.
  • I wish Lever came with some kind of demo account for each of the tiers of access. I found that it has been trial and error figuring out exactly what people can see at each tier, despite having the chart. For instance, I thought only certain emails would be blocked from the admins (i.e., any emails sent regarding the offer), but that other candidate info would still be available to them for purposes of discerning which director (admin access) would like the candidate on their team. I found a workaround of sending feedback and resumes manually, but I wish there were some access level between admin and super admin--that permitted candidates to be seen except for the few sleected emails that aresecret.
Lever benefits companies that want to empower their in-house recruiters, talent managers, and HR professionals to use their time more effectively. It has been a perfect first ATS for my company insofar as it integrated pieces we had in place (Google forms, Google calendar, Gmail, DocuSign, Slack) to unlock their best potential. It's especially helpful in our context because each department has their own hiring managers who do not work full-time in the hiring capacity. It helps them keep the hiring process to a more manageable portion of their day.

It may not get its full use at companies or in departments where hiring is not as democratic, or where more recruiters are used in a less hands-on way. For example, our engineering and sales teams rely on recruiters--and are used to maintaining infrequent conversations with them when hiring occurs. Lever does have options for providing recruiters access to the team, and keeping their candidates in the pipeline (tagged appropriately). Perhaps ultimately Lever is not appropriate for departments/companies who are adverse to technology or who do not wish to explore how their current process could be more structured.
Read Ashley (Gay) Graham's full review
Allison Boyce | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 15, 2017

Use LEVER to leverage your credibility across the enterprise with business stakeholders

We implemented LEVER throughout the organization. All of our interviewers, hiring managers, recruiters and sourcers use it regularly. We also added the additional module of LEVER NURTURE. We are working through higher adoption and successful use of NURTURE. In addition to LEVER on the desktop, we also use the LEVER extension in Chrome for LinkedIn. We are starting to use the metrics and analytics features.
  • Easy calendar integration with G Suite - Google calendar.
  • Easy integration with LinkedIn for connecting profiles using a button to the LinkedIn public profile.
  • Recent upgrade of Jobs and Requisition. Knowing what I know now I would have recommended much more business process analysis and retooling to use these two features properly.
  • Workflows relatively easy to modify intelligently.
  • Reminds interviewers to complete evals and lets you re-remind them with a click.
  • I miss the job posting automation of Jobvite. That was the best and only feature I miss from Jobvite and it doesn't exist in LEVER. You can get a link then shorten it for SM channels.
  • It would be fantastic if there was a way to categorize Contacts versus Leads. Some of our prospects require 5+ calls but they're not yet Recruiter Screens.
I can't think of a scenario where it wouldn't be appropriate. I have used a number of ATS systems and I think LEVER has one of the better reporting and analytics functions. It would be less pleasant to use if hiring managers and interviewers were less cooperative in a self-service model.
Read Allison Boyce's full review
Sinjin Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2017

A slick, collaborative ATS

We use Lever as our ATS. We use it to manage everything from sourcing to offering. We've implemented it this year to phenomenal success.
  • Integration with the Google Suite - especially Gmail.
  • Easy collaboration with hiring managers.
  • Navigation and ease of use.
  • Simple single-pipeline system.
  • Cost can be somewhat prohibitive.
  • Calendaring function could use some upgrades that allow saving.
  • EEO information distribution is inefficient.
Lever is a phenomenal choice if your organization uses Google and is able to implement a single pipeline for hiring.

It's somewhat less appropriate if you are a lean organization or need multiple pipelines.
Read Sinjin Jones's full review
December 13, 2017

Switch to Lever: When Greenhouse starts charging extra for a new CRM function (that should be free!)

Just doesn't work. Messed up all of our scheduling because "Easybook" links do not support google hangout interviews.
Times zones are all messed up - we lost candidates because of platform issues.
I went in being hopeful and super optimistic. After 4 months of using Lever, we had to go back to our ATS provider. Such a waste of time and money.
  • Nurture - works
  • Integrations
  • Not easy to customize
  • Job board view is a bit redundant/confusing - departments and team view organization is not clean
  • Easybook links not compatible with google hangouts
  • Timezone issues during scheduling
  • Really bad customer support
Lever is for the true recruiter who needs their ATS to be a single source of truth but can be a bit dogmatic, whereas Greenhouse is for someone who has a lot of time on their hands to work on feature/function customizations. Also, CRM capabilities are included in your core Lever package, in comparison to Greenhouse, who is now charging talent teams PER seat for CRM capabilities they consider be ancillary.
They have great account managers and implementations specialists

Job Requisition Management (11)
Company Website Posting (10)
Publish to Social Media (4)
Job Search Site Posting (5)
Customized Application Form (9)
Resume Management (11)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (10)
Candidate Search (11)
Applicant Tracking (11)
Collaboration (12)
Task Creation and Delegation (9)
Email Templates (8)
User Permissions (11)
Notifications and Alerts (11)
Reporting (9)

About Lever

Lever is an applicant tracking and recruiting software solution.