February 22, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
Read Ruby Javaid's full review
Pros and Cons
- Ease of use for end users - the forms made from LiveCycle work flawlessly
- Adding sections dedicated to pictures or other elements - there is some room for design here
- Variety of choices for types of input to be added to each form and many options for configuring each of them
- Works REALLY well for forms that just require text information to be filled in
- Biggest issue is the user friendliness for the designer. It is hard to get elements to do what you want if you are adding any sort of design to your form. In my case I make flyers which require not only the form fills, but also other elements like pictures and background design elements.
- The import from PSD or AI function does not work properly most of the time. If you create a document with lots of visual elements, your best bet is to convert as much of that as possible to a rasterized image and then popping that in as the background rather than trying to import elements. They come out very wonky, colors are lost in conversion, and the layout doesn't come over.