Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Anti-malware (15)7.171%
- Threat Detection (15)6.565%
- Management Tools (15)6.060%
- Cusomizability (13)5.353%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Barracuda Email Security Gateway, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Supported: Anti-malware
- Supported: Cusomizability
- Supported: Data Loss Protection
- Supported: Threat Detection
- Supported: Sandboxing
- Supported: End-to-End Encryption
- Supported: Management Tools
- Mimecast Secure Email Gateway
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Lack of SSO support has made us weary of trusting the products security features.
- Most features are sold in modules, basic ESS is lackluster.
- We have seen a vast increase in false positives and undetected malicious emails in our environment over time with Barracuda.
- Our average emails are about 2000 per day and this product helps mitigate spam and malicious content.
- Once combined with other Barracuda email products, this becomes the foundational piece to use.
- You need to have adequate training which they provide but takes a while to train up your staff to be fully functional.
- Less Spam.
- Less risk.
- Less compromised messages.
- If we see overall performance this is not 100% with the money we spend.
- Risk Mitigation
- Increased Efficiency
- The Barracuda [Email Security Gateway] cloud based fail over protection is worth the cost all by itself.
- The management cost of email borne threats is hard to quantify, we do business through email, so its of massive importance.
- It helps us keep our information under control by reducing the possible costs of lost information that could be very high.
- Affordable compared to other products.
- Logging was basic and simple.
- It reduces the time people need to spend filtering out the spam from their inbox.
- It keeps the network secure by filtering out any emails with any viruses or malicious attachments.
- The gateway learns current scam which can prevent unmeasureable damage. As a government organization attacks on our network affect public safety.
- Previous gateways I have managed have required significant amounts of time grooming. The Barracuda gateway has freed up a great deal of my time due to its intelligence and intent scanning.
- I have very few incidences where a legitimate malicious email will pass through the filter. Just one of these emails can wreak havoc on an organization.
- This has saved lots of time from an administrative standpoint.
- The cost of ESS for our organization is tiny compared to the amount of money we would lose if even one virus-laden PDF slipped through
- Ignoring genuine malware/phishing, the cost of ESS for our organization is tiny compared to the amount of money we save by blocking regular spam (so employees don't ever see it)
- From an administrator's perspective, putting the reins in the hands of our employees so they can look at their own quarantine (and leave IT out of it) has saved us 💵DOLLA 💸DOLLA💵BILLS 💸Y'ALL💵
- Protects our clients from spam messages.
- Protects our clients from potentially harmful attachments.
- Allows our clients to breathe easy when dealing with their email security.
- It minimizes the impact of spam and malicious email on user productivity.
- It makes troubleshooting email issues quick and simple.
- We were able to lower our cost and get more by going to the cloud.
- We are also very happy about being able make our backups easier.
- We like having everything in one place.
- Allows us to set it and forget it. We don't have to worry about patch or upgrade to a newer version. Barracuda does it all for us.
- DLP has been great. That's a risk which is hard to monitor but Barracuda does it effortlessly.
- We have cut down on spam. Workers are more productive and our inboxes have remained secure and safe from hoaxes and virus attacks.
- Barracuda helps to make the business operate at a safer level. It has definately helped by stopping ransomware emails so it has saved time for the IT department who don't have to put out comms to tell users not to open certain emails received.
- Having the ability to whitelist and blacklist emails lets us control the flow of our inboxes.
- In the beginning of use spend time configuring it to business needs so you do not miss that all important email that was deemed as spam.
- Decreased opportunities for malicious emails to make it to our users and subject our network to malicious attack
- Low administrative overhead, so time can be focused on other pressing projects
- Reduced time of administration for email.
- Increased speed of finding someone's missing email.
- Less virus/phishing attacks succeeding.
- We evaluated several services when we were looking for a cloud based filtering program. Barracuda was clearly the most economical. Our cost was about 1/3 of what it would have been had we gone with our second choice.
- Our users are more productive since they spend less time wading though unwanted emails. Barracuda is filtering out about 97% of emails sent to us, albeit with a few false positives.
- Email issues and complaints have been substantially reduced since incorporating Barracuda ESS
- Positive: The service provides tremendous value with all features built-in.
- Positive: Superior scanning technology including AntiVirus and Advanced Threat Protection.
- Negative: Minimum number of users for licensing is 10. Small companies will need to pay a bit extra until they reach 10 users.