Reviews (1-3 of 3)
Blender 3D makes it possible for you to perform a wide range of
tasks in one place. When entering the software for the first time, it can be
overwhelming to understand the basic concepts and features. However, with
a bit of motivation and an official tutorial, it is possible to become familiar
with Blender3D after several hours of practice.
The most prominent artists do not create masterpieces by
pressing a magic button or just manipulating brushes. Still, learning and
practicing topics such as composition, lighting, animation principles, etc.,
will make a perfect design. After all, it's a tool, and you have to learn it.
Blender 3D software has additional technical complexity and jargon. Terms
like UV maps, materials, shaders, meshes, and subdivisions are the means of the
digital artist, and understanding them in general terms will help you use
Blender and get the most out of it.
- It is a totally free and open-source platform. Made for beginner animators.
- The interactive game features like collision detection, dynamic re-enactments, and logic.
- Blender accepts graphic formats such as TGA, JPG, IRIS, HDRI, or TIFF. It can also read Inventor files.
- Integrated 3D game engine with a logic brick system. For more control, Python programming is used.
- It includes Inverse Kinematics, Grid Strains, Load Vertices, and Static and Dynamic Particles.
- Tough to learn. Beginners may be overwhelmed by its jargons full of shortcut keys. It has a lot of features to learn.
- It slows in an AMD processor with 4GB RAM.
- I can't find more cons about Blender, but new users may [be] confuse[d] due to its tricky layout.
is one of the best software focused mainly on modeling, lighting control,
rendering, animation, and 3D graphics. This software is completely free and
open-source, and it is more than at the level of other similar alternatives
within the professional field. Some movies such as Coffee
Run (2020), Spring (2019), and movie studios (like Marvel)
have used it to animate and process their films and effects. The only issue is that it slows down the PC sometimes.
- Quick export renders using Eevee
- Super realistic renders when adding light or when objects are created to match the products
- Very fast moving objects around and applying modifiers
- Honestly Blender makes improvements with software updates weekly if not monthly and I love that
Blender Scorecard Summary
What is Blender?
Blender is a free and open source 3D creation suite available in under the GNU General Public License. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D animation pipeline.
Blender Cloud is a related service accessible via subscription, and is a training and content platform providing access to expertise from the Blender Institute for advancing one's use of Blender.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Blender Cloud Membership||$11.50||per month|
Blender Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac, SteamOS|