Reviews (1-7 of 7)
March 14, 2020
D&B Credit is being used by the entire organization. I am the business development manager and my team actively prospects into hundreds of accounts per day. D&B allows us to enrich our Salesforce with the most accurate/up to date information in terms of employee size, location, industry, etc. so that we can set up opportunities for the correct sales directors.
Read Ariel Ezekiel's full review
Highly recommend D&B for anyone, especially Salesforce users. Chrome River relies heavily of the information that D&B provides. D&B keeps our account pages in Salesforce up to date with the most accurate information so that the sales director's accounts are accurate and there are no questions on who an account should belong to.
We use D&B Credit in several ways. One way is for verifying a company's legal name and corporate family tree. Another major reason we use it is to assess trade risk by using the pay history and financials. It is mainly used in the risk underwriting department, but a few select others across the credit department have access to the reports. The reports aid in identifying high risk companies which ultimately affects the bottom line by minimizing balance sheet risk by helping us avoid bankruptcy exposure and write-offs.
- The family tree is valuable for identifying accounts receivable exposure across an entire organization. It makes it very easy to figure out which company is a subsidiary or parent of another company.
- The PAYDEX and trade experience portion of the reports help identify potential slow-payers and high risk companies so that I can establish appropriate credit lines.
- The search function is very good and allows companies that use trade names to show up in the results, as well as the legal names.
- The foreign reports are not very detailed and not worth the extra money that you have to pay to have them.
- Sometimes the family trees are inaccurate and an investigation is needed to fix the linkages.
- The legal names are sometimes inaccurate and also require an investigation to fix.
Read Matt Randall's full review
D&B Credit is amazing for any organization that wants to protect their bottom line from trade risk. It is very useful for assessing total exposure across an entire corporate organization and averting high risk scenarios. The best parts of the report are the trade payment history and corporate links. I would probably avoid the product if most of the business that a company conducts is outside of the USA since the foreign reports don't contain much detail. All in all, it is the best tool to use in a credit underwriting and credit line setting of a credit risk department.
D&B Credit is used by our Credit department to assess a companies credit risk when considering extending a line of credit.
- D&B Credit does a great job at pulling up the correct credit report without having to enter too much pertinent information therefore, saving time.
- D&B Credit alerts users when a company you've previously pulled credit on has a drastic decrease in their credit score.
- D&B Credit does a great job at making the report easy to read and understand.
- D&B Credit is a user friendly website.
- D&B Credit offers free training and webinars.
- There is a part of the report that simply repeats itself.
- At times I have seen discrepancies in information. A company can be a low risk across the board but have a low Paydex or vice versa. Sometimes the credit information just doesn't coincide with the full report.
Read Brandee Eagles's full review
D&B Credit is well suited when assessing a companies credit risk and or wanting to obtain more behind the scenes information about a company.
January 22, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
It is used by Finance and accounting to manage credit for our customers at this point. We just started, so we have not rolled it out yet to any sales functions. We will eventually be loading our vendor base to manage our suppliers as well. It is used by myself, our controller and our credit manager currently.
- recommended credit limit
- family tree details
- well-organized format to follow in company reports
- account number matching to our system
- SBRI not functional yet
- implementation/conversion from DNBI was far less than smooth and is still in process
- tech managers seem to still be learning product themselves
Read Doug Tibken's full review
It works very well in understanding company linkage. the risk assessment portion of the profiles is really good. Financial statements when available are easy to read. The alert profiles work well, as well. since it is not linked to our internal account numbers it can sometimes take a bit more time to search for the right customer than it did in DNBI where we just typed in an account number.
January 23, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
D&B Credit is used by our credit department, we use it to aid in deciding on corporate credit capacity.
- The paydex parameter really helps with seeing overall payment behavior
- Company vs industry comparisons
- There is a considerable lag with information updating for small businesses.
- There is also quite a bit of lag with business organization trees updates.
Read Christianne Lauria, MBA's full review
For an overall idea of a company's capacity for corporate credit it is good, but we use the information as a foundation and not as the end all be all.
D&B Credit is being used across the organization. We are reviewing ways it can assist to address specific business problems such as International account reviews.
- Provides detailed reporting on prospective customers payment trends
- Provides details on available credit lines for prospective customers
- Provides assistance for further investigation on customers with little to no available information.
- Quicker response time on investigations
- Ability to have unlimited number of users allows for better cross training
- Create better pricing models for unlimited reporting based on previous three year average.
Read Joanne Waldron, MBA's full review
D&B Credit is suitable when pulling reports one on one. It would be helpful to add the ability to run credit on a list of customers at one time.
January 24, 2018
Score 1 out of 10
We used it to establish credit limits for new Clients and for adjusting credit limits for existing Clients. We previously used DNBI and we found that D&B Credit Limit recommendations are out of whack, they appear to be 3-4 times higher than is realistic. We switched back to DNBI which provides more realistic credit limit recommendations.
- It's easier to read than DNBI
- The History of the Client section seems to provide more info than DNBI
- When searching for a Client by name it pulls up the Client much quicker than DNBI
- It needs to figure out why the max credit limits come in, on average, 3-4 times a realistic number; we dropped it for this one reason, since we use it to set realistic credit limits. D&B couldn't seem to get this fixed so we went back to DNBI
- For the client payment experiences it does not show the total; this is important to me because it gives credibility to the recommended credit limit
- Something is wrong with the calculation for recommended credit limit
Read this authenticated review
DNBI is much better suited for establishing credit limits for new clients due to the previously stated reasons.
D&B Credit Scorecard Summary
About D&B Credit
D&B Credit Screenshots
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
D&B Credit Technical Details