- PaySimple is awesome for recurring payments. It's easy to set one up and make changes as needed. Without this feature, our business would be dead. Being able to easily set up recurring payments for our retainer is a must and PaySimple does it beautifully.
- The payment portal feature is also really good fro collecting payments of differing amounts. We setup a single portal where customers enter the payment amount accessed from a link in the invoice email. This feature has transformed out collections and cut down our time to get paid significantly.
- If you do have product type offerings, it's easy to setup individual products or an entire store.
- Collecting user entered recurring payment is a little unclear. We had to troubleshoot a bit to get this feature working properly.
- If you don't want to use a total checkout solution (just want payment buttons), the process to set it up is a bit complicated. You have to create a product then add the payment form. It's not the most intuitive process and took a little trial and error to get it how we wanted.
- Bank to bank transactions allows for quick and seamless transfer of funds in a secure bank encrypted ecosystem.
- Electronic invoicing allows for rapid payment and email follow up of payment is past due.
- Service as a product online store front where we can list services much like stores list products.
- Customer service is top notch and they always have someone available to assist with set up, questions or support.
- User Interface is clean, easy to navigate and integrate with existing accounting programs.
- White label option would be a huge benefit for our needs but this is not a deterrent to adopting the platform.
- Greater accessibility to integrate with existing platforms. For instance Shopify or WooCommerce.
- The system is more for B2B and some more availability to also use B2C would be helpful.
What I appreciate about PaySimple is how easy it is to set up and edit a payment schedule as well as the features available for customized reporting necessary for revenue tracking, employee revenue sharing, incentives, and bonuses.
- Integrated Web Payment Platform
- Reporting and RSS Feeds of commonly viewed reports
- Payment scheduling and recurring payment schedules
- Customer Service and Chat Support
- There are some features that we used in Classic PaySimple that did not migrate to the new Point of Sale solution that we've grown to love. Unfortunately because of those oversights we are operating through both interfaces. However the fact that the option was available so that the features were not entirely lost is impressive in it of itself.
- There is an ability to add custom fields per transaction which for us would be extremely helpful if when added to a recurring payment schedule they would translate from a reporting standpoint with each subsequent payment. However... a custom field about a specific payment that is part of a larger payment schedule is not eligible for reporting purposes and therefor is essentially a useless feature at this time.
- PaySimple should implement a feature I've heard referred to as 'account updater'. If a customer receives a new card replacing one that is soon to expire, there is technology available to recognize this and update the information with the merchant so that a recurring payment scheduled doesn't fail when a customer forgets to call with the updated expiration date.
- Recurring billing keeps it simple for me and my staff.
- Point of sale. Just make products and services and it makes the checkout process simple.
- PaySimple has a high cost for the service and transaction fees.
- The booking service is decent. I wish they had recurring billing and if so, they'd be at 10 stars.
- Really good support and service. It's rare that a payment company answers their phone.
- Really simple UI. It's so easy to understand and use.
- Nice free add-ons such as the free booking solution and the free online store option.
- It'd be nice if they were to integrate with online form tools such as formstack.com, wufoo.com, jotform.com etc.
- It'd be nice if there was a payment option which didn't include a monthly fee but had a higher transaction fee. This is good for people who get donations or payments infrequently. For that group, PayPal is the best option because Paypal has no monthly fee but a high transaction fee.
Using ACH to charge for our services and subscriptions is an option that our customers really appreciate. It is easy for them to access and provide and they do not have to worry about keeping up with it like they would a credit card.
- Their Support is very responsive and helpful. Any time that I have had trouble understanding an email I received from Pay Simple or how to update something on an invoice, I have used the chat feature. The agents are quick and provide great step by step instructions to assist. If they did not have a solution, they assured me it would be submitted as a request to development or let me know when it would be coming.
- I love the ease of initially beginning/charging a payment (either one time or recurring). It is not time-consuming and is very straightforward which is helpful when entering multiple new payments a day. Everything I need to enter a new payment is directly on the home screen and easy to find.
- I appreciate the clean layout of the homepage.
- The customer management user interface beyond the initial transaction is not the most user-friendly. It is difficult to navigate a change like updating a bank account to a recurring transaction.
- Additionally, there is currently not a way to merge contacts - so, if you have one client with multiple services that you are charging for, it creates them as a new contact for each one.
- Invoicing and Recurring Payments
- Customer CRM
- eCommerce Forms
- You have to use the "Customer Name" and not Company name. We deal a lot with companies. More than individuals.
- You cannot add links to forms for them to accept Terms and Conditions.
PaySimple Scorecard Summary
PaySimple is a Service Commerce platform for businesses. PaySimple enables businesses to market services, accept payments, and retain customers using one end-to-end solution that covers everything from payments and appointments, to online sales and customer management. Products include: Point of Sale, Payment Forms & Online Store, Appointment Scheduling (BookSimple), Virtual Terminal, credit card and echeck processing, Recurring Billing, Mobile Payments, Secure Customer Management, e-Invoicing, cash flow reporting, and more. According to the vendor, 17,000 companies use PaySimple across the country.
The vendor offers a free 14-day trial and no credit card or commitment is required.
PaySimple Support Options
PaySimple Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|