Score 9.7 out of 10

What is Rewind Backups?

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Rewind Backups, and make your voice heard!

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://rewind.com/pricing-backups

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $3 per month

Product Demos

Is Your Data Protected?
00:52
"If I lost my website data..."
02:30

What is Rewind Backups?

Rewind is a provider of cloud backups for SaaS applications that helps businesses back up and restore their cloud data. Rewind provides solutions that are pivotal to the growth and utility of the cloud that supports the backbone of the way millions of businesses work and store their data.

Rewind has been supporting over 100,000 businesses worldwide with automated backups, on-demand data recovery and customer support since 2017 from their head office in Ottawa, Canada.

Rewind Backups Features

• Supported: Disaster Recovery
  • Supported: Scheduled and Manual Backups
  • Supported: On-Demand Restoration
  • Supported: Data Encryption
  • Supported: Soc II Compliant
  • Supported: Data Loss Prevention

Rewind Backups Videos

75% of SaaS customers have lost data in the cloud more than once. Is your data protected?
Knix, BVACCEL, ModelTrainStuff, and Maker House share why their businesses rely on Rewind for automatic backups and recovery.

Rewind Backups Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Rewind from Third Blink Software in Ontario (dba Rewind) is a service that protects the data that is driving your ecommerce and small to midsize businesses, focusing on backing up data that lives in the cloud – specifically in apps like Shopify, BigCommerce, and QuickBooks Online.

Rewind Backups starts at $3.

OwnBackup, Skyvia Backup, and Druva Data Resiliency Cloud are common alternatives for Rewind Backups.

The most common users of Rewind Backups are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees).

Ava Harris Garza | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rewind Backups is a tool that is used in our company at the web development level, as well as in our business website since it allows us to carry out advanced restorations and keep all the data that is handled daily under protection by creating backup copies in an automated way and of course I love the fact that it allows us to reject any unwanted changes without having to start from scratch.
  • I like that it has an organized and very simple-to-use user interface, with a very striking and colorful appearance.
  • The one that allows you to make backup copies in an automated way, leaving aside the long manual process and its wait.
  • The one that grants an incredible rewind function that differentiates it from the rest and gives the advantage of reestablishing any unwanted step or change that is not to our liking.
  • The one that is a software that not only covers the creation of backup copies but also provides the protection of these thanks to its encryption.
  • I would like that its restoration process could take a little less time, that is, that it would be able to restore a large amount of data in a short period of time.
  • Their prices can be a bit high, so adjusting their prices would also help small businesses buy the software.
  • Sometimes rewinding small changes takes time, so making this process faster would make the function more feasible.
  • It would be ideal if it could back up data on devices.
Rewind Backups is an ideal software to protect the data that is handled daily at a business level, since it is not known when a disaster may occur, leaving everything up in the air, with this solid and reliable tool it is possible to create backup copies in an automated way and in case of needing said copies, it is only necessary to access the restoration of said files. It also grants the security of performing scans every day and saving any changes made it leading to great time savings. However, it is important to consider that according to the chosen plan, you can restore individually or even an entire account.
  • The rewind function has allowed us to save time and be able to return a change without the worry of starting all over again.
  • The creation of backup copies and their protection gives us peace of mind and the power to have access to the data in the event of any inconvenience, which avoids a long disconnection.
  • Automated backup allows us to put aside the worry of forgetting to make backups before leaving the office.
  • It is an easy-to-use software so that anyone can be able to start creating backup copies.
  • In the event of a disaster, it does not avoid having to be inactive for a long period, this is thanks to the fact that it gives us the advantage of being able to restore lost information.
  • Your daily backups give us peace of mind that if something is deleted by mistake or any information is compromised, it can be recovered.
This software Barracuda Backup is easy to use and has an affordable price, however, Rewind Backups gives us automated backups, file restoration, and the incredible rewind function so we have decided to use this software for its complete features and its the one that is also easy to use and has encryption that protects the data against non-secure access.
Olivia Sanders | TrustRadius Reviewer
We implement Rewind throughout the company as vital insurance to keep our information always backed up, and the best thing about it is not only the backup, but we can also rewind the data we need, when we need it, and exactly what we want to restore. It is like having reliable insurance for our data, it is better to be safe than sorry to lose so much important information. I like that Rewind does the complete recovery without leaving anything out and guarantees us a reliable workflow, in case something happens, it is possible to configure it quickly to get our information back, always complete, and updated until the last second. I have no doubt that it is a tool that we thought we would not need but that it is undoubtedly being a powerful weapon to keep our projects and objectives protected.
  • The restoration is done almost in real-time, with the programming of backup times, in a simple and fast way. It also has a notification system that reminds you to make backups from time to time.
  • The cost for the service is totally affordable, and with the functionality it offers I am surprised at such an affordable price.
  • The interface is a bit slow; it would be nice to have something much more interactive and visually appealing. Not only that, but platform loading times in general can be slow. However, making copies or rewinds flows daily.
Personally, I have it affiliated with Trello, I can keep the information of our commercial tasks safe and maintain a constant flow in the realization of our projects without losing any detail, for us it is important to have the support of our work in Trello since there we keep each characteristic of continuity and work advancement. Rewind Backup is a simple platform with great capabilities to offer.
  • It has good integrations with the apps I need to protect.
  • Real-time data recovery.
  • Customizing the backup schedule.
  • Cloud based which gives me confidence in Rewind Backups.
  • It has given us freedom and peace of mind at work, since it performs automated management, I can work fluidly and experiment with various changes no matter what happens because Rewind will always keep an original copy in case something bad happens. Protect our data and important information and always keep our backup safely without inconvenience.
  • Druva Data Resiliency Cloud (fomerly Druva inSync and Phoenix & CloudRanger)
I considered a Druva time, however, when I started using it, there were so many updates that it was difficult to get up to speed regarding configuration and scheduling of backups, as well as the learning curve became quite steep, compared to Rewind, this I already had established parameters, it was much easier to use and adapt, so I preferred it to speed up my work.
My whole life is organized on Trello boards—work, personal, grad school—so Rewind backups feel like an insurance for all of my projects. Even losing a few hours' worths of Trello updates could devastate my workflow. ReWind backup emails are constant reminders that I have nothing to worry about. It's currently the best backup option I've found for Trello! Other options only recover the raw data in spreadsheet exports, which would require me to recreate the boards all over again, whereas Rewind can return the board to its previous state like the flip of a switch.
  • Includes backup reminders
  • Great customer service
  • Payment plans
  • Product demonstration so we can see example fixes in real time
  • Reduced email options?
  • Reduced pricing per board
I've only used Rewind Backups for Trello, but I recommend it for all Trello users. Trello sometimes experiences bugs and lags in connection, which means that boards might not update until the bug is fixed. Rewind might not be as important for occasional Trello users who only use boards for occasional reference, but backups are so important for those of us who have dozens of boards, some of which are changed throughout the day.
  • Trello coverage!
  • Email updates
  • Personalized pricing options
  • Protects scheduling data
  • Prevents loss of data
Trello only has manual backup options, which only save raw data in the form of spreadsheet exports--which would be a nightmare to rebuild into new boards! Other Trello backup options were similar. Rewind is the only one I've found that can recover the boards as they were at specific moments in time (i.e. right before losing data).
I appreciate that the app has its own dashboard that is independent from Shopify's main dashboard. Second, I appreciate the fact that you can choose exactly what you want to restore at a granular level. This was one of the applications that I needed to install before I could do any further work. You never know when a new app or update may create havoc on your website, so acquire this as insurance and have the ability to roll back the clock whenever you need to.
  • A simple method of restoring.
  • Backup time may be scheduled in a simple manner.
  • In the cloud, you may do your bookkeeping for you.
  • In several sections, the design does not appear to be well-thought-out.
  • It might take a long time for a page to load at times.
  • There are still certain limits when it comes to data backups for Shopify merchants.
Backups are most effective when they are performed automatically, eliminating the need to remember to perform backups manually. Rewinds Backup accomplishes this and provides me with piece of mind. App conflicts, app updates that create issues, and troublesome theme changes are all possibilities. It's worth it to keep a backup in case you need to go back in time and fix something. This is essentially insurance for your e-commerce business.
  • It is simple to handle backups.
  • It is preferable to keep my data safe and secure.
  • Shopify's setup and customer service are both simple and excellent.
  • I feel a lot more liberated to experiment with different page layouts and styles without worrying about causing any damage to the shop.
  • With the ability to rewind and restore to a previous backup, we have more peace of mind while experimenting with new functionality.
  • I don't have to worry about remembering to back up because it does it for me on a regular basis.
  • Veeam Backup & Replication
To know that I have a backup of all of my items, pages, themes, and so on is quite comforting. Sometimes you make a change and then realize that you made a mistake or that the situation has changed, and you have to go back to the previous state. This is taken care of by rewinds. I've only used it a handful of times in the two of years that I've had it, but every time I do, I'm reminded of how valuable it truly is. For a few bucks a month, it provides me with piece of mind.
Russell Barnett, EA, CTS | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cloud accounting software provides much in the way of convenience and the ability to easily integrate various 3rd party offerings to create automatic workflows and otherwise enhance efficiency. However, Intuit does NOT guarantee the integrity of your QBO data and does not officially provide backups in the case of catastrophic data loss or corruption. While events like this rarely occur they are not unheard of. I had been putting off purchasing Rewind for my own company and those of my accounting clients until I heard a horror story from a colleague where her client DID lose their QBO data, and it took this college more than 8 hours on the phone with Intuit to get a 2-week old copy of their data located and restored. Unfortunately for that client, several months of data had been processed during those two missing weeks and a lot of time had to be spent re-doing it all. I immediately signed up for Rewind Backups that day and have not looked back because it is cheap insurance against that type of nightmare.
  • Near real-time backup of QBO data.
  • Provides a restore point for account recovery.
  • Quickly and easily allows corrupted or missing QBO data to be recovered.
  • Low monthly cost.
  • "Set and forget"
  • N/A
If your business (or your clients) use QBO using Rewind is an absolute no-brainer in my book. For a modest monthly cost (less than $10 per month per QBO file) you get cheap insurance against losing data and having to spend endless hours re-creating everything. When we use QB Desktop we back up the client QB files for the same reason. Now that things are increasingly moving to QBO we have the same option through Rewind.
  • QBO data backup.
  • Restore point for QBO data.
  • "Set and Forget"
  • Affordable monthly cost.
  • Peace of mind for myself and for my clients.