Overall Satisfaction with Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention
We are a solutions provider to our clients who are facing compliance and security issues. There are multiple modules in Forcepoint and we recommend clients start their data loss prevention journey with Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention and later on to move to Forcepoint Network Data Loss Prevention. Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention takes time to be established in the client environment and multiple policy fine-tunings are required to remove the false positives. We also recommended starting the data loss prevention journey with a small fraction of users--say 50 and 100 users at the initial level.
- The Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention Endpoint module is applied to secure data being used at endpoints, like from Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft capabilities, also other functions like email and FTP, Active Sync, etc. It secures the data in use at the endpoint.
- The Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention Network Module is applied for the traffic being used in network capabilities like email, FTP, and web. It also secures the data on the move in the network.
- Forcepoint Data Discover--the capability to discover the data which is sensitive for the organization and lies across the network; with the discovery tool, we can define the data, which is important based on regulatory and compliance risk.
- OCR (optical character recognition) capabilities also come with the Data Discover Module, by which we can see the embedded text inside the image and that helps to prevent sensitive data theft.
- Forcepoint technical support--specially for users who go with essential support--is challenging to get support on time. You need the ticket to be raised long beforehand to get support from TAC. However, in the case of enterprise support, its is not like this technical person will come on a priority basis.
- However it comes with higher prices, especially for SMB, it is allowed to pay that amount for support only.
- Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention is one of the pioneer products for data security and serves thousands of companies across the globe. Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention can serve the business objectives like to prevent theft of intellectual property and personal information.
- Forcepoint needs to focus on the support part. There are two types of support from Forcepoint: essential and enterprise. For essential support, it is challenging for clients. they have to remain in queues for a long time, which is a serious concern for them. For enterprise, it is OK for them but they have to pay a handsome amount for enterprise support.
I have evaluated CoSoSys but the reporting part did not hit the mark. Also, a high number of false positives was a concern for me. I need a predefined report which needs to be compatible with my compliance requirement, which was missing in CoSoSys. However CoSoSys is good for Linux OS. Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention does not support Linux; it only supports Windows and Mac devices.
Do you think Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention's feature set?
Did Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention go as expected?
Would you buy Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention again?
Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention suited the environment where data movement is heavily regulated and complies with compliance like PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOC Type-2, etc. Also, if the organization wants to see a holistic view of the security posture of the organization and imports logs from endpoints and network for data movement. The best part of Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention is the reporting part, while another OEMs in the market share logs details only, Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention has a reporting part where you can generate reports with compliance format. Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention also integrates with different SIEM solutions available in the market.