Reviews (1-2 of 2)
June 27, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Opsview Monitor is now our one and only monitoring solution. It's used by all departments and our external and internal partners. It helps us to monitor our infrastructure in AWS, container orchestration platform and every singe application (and we have literally hundreds of them). It allows our international support team to discover problems before our client will be impacted and show SLA dashboard to our clients.
Read this authenticated review
If you know Nagios or Nagios-like monitoring systems, OpsView will be really easy for you to learn and manage. Migrations process will be relatively easy. You're getting great U/I that will speed up adding new objects to the system and present data in a clear, organized way. In addition it's easy to create dedicated dashboards for your clients.
February 14, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
We use opsview for monitoring AWS infrastructure globally. It helps ensure we meet SLA's to our service teams. It's being used primarily by our cloud services teams.
- Easily extensible. We write many of our own monitoring plugins for Opsview and use open source Nagios community plugins as well
- Quick to deploy. Don't need to worry about all of the dependencies that you need to with something like Nagios
- It just works. Most of the housekeeping tasks are completely automated
- Nice visualizations and dashboards
- Licensing model could be improved. Would like options for nonprod vs. production environments and also the ability to transfer host licenses from one monitoring instance to another.
- Could have deeper AWS integrations ... for example using IAM roles to query AWS
- Notification profiles could be easier to use/configure., as well as updated to include more current notification methods
Read this authenticated review
OpsView is great when you need a very flexible, extensible solution for monitoring infrastructure. It's not great when you want to monitor application performance timings
Opsview Monitor Scorecard Summary
About Opsview Monitor
Opsview Monitor is an IT infrastructure and application monitoring solution. The solution monitors applications, cloud and virtual environments, databases, hybrid infrastructure, servers, and websites. It provides standard monitoring functionality and has autodiscovery and autoconfiguration capabilities. Opsview Monitor integrates with other Opsview products and add-ons to enable workflow automation and with 3rd-party vendors, such as Elastic Stack, to automate exporting data. Opsview offers a free version of Monitor with core functionality and more limited capabilities scaled for smaller teams.
Categories: Application Performance Management (APM), Data Center Monitoring, IT Service Management (ITSM), Network Performance Monitoring, IT Infrastructure Monitoring
Opsview Monitor Screenshots
Opsview Monitor Integrations
Opsview Monitor Competitors
Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Opsview Monitor Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Opsview Monitor Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|