Reviews (1-1 of 1)
September 09, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
For my independant contractor work in IT Support, and Consultation I am the only employee, and thus I am the only one using the Square system, and this is exactly why it is perfect for me. My work is at times few and far between since I have a full time job as well, so there are times I use my Square frequently, and other times not at all or very little for a while. There are no monthly charges, which again is perfect due to the low utilization at times, and the hardware is free or reasonably priced depending on what you need. It allows me to take a payment from nearly anyone as checks can be a risky thing at times in this day and age, and guarantees payment.
- No monthly fees
- Reasonable per transaction fee
- Good priced equipment/addons
- Chip and NFC readers available
- Some of the build quality on the peripherals could feel a bit better.
- Have more options for businesses with more credit card transactions such as monthly or discounted per transaction once a certain number is reached.
- Have functionality to allow for a typed card number without the higher fee if the software verifies there is a hardware/read error with the card.
Read Kyle Farago's full review
[Square is well suited for] Any small business / independent contractor with little to medium business flow where a monthly fee just doesn't make sense. If you are performing large transactions or have a lot of business / a lot of people using square readers then an actual flat rate from a bank / provider would likely be a better option.
Square Customer Engagement Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Square Customer Engagement
Square Customer Engagement is CRM software with messaging, email marketing, customer feedback, and loyalty management, from Square headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Categories: Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Square Customer Engagement Technical Details