Square Customer Engagement is CRM software with messaging, email marketing, customer feedback, and loyalty management, from Square headquartered in San Francisco, California.Square, For the Individual or Small Business.For my independant contractor work in IT Support, and Consultation I am the only employee, and thus I am the only one using the Square system, and this is exactly why it is perfect for me. My work is at times few and far between since I have a full time job as well, so there are times I use my Square frequently, and other times not at all or very little for a while. There are no monthly charges, which again is perfect due to the low utilization at times, and the hardware is free or reasonably priced depending on what you need. It allows me to take a payment from nearly anyone as checks can be a risky thing at times in this day and age, and guarantees payment.,No monthly fees Reasonable per transaction fee Good priced equipment/addons Chip and NFC readers available,Some of the build quality on the peripherals could feel a bit better. Have more options for businesses with more credit card transactions such as monthly or discounted per transaction once a certain number is reached. Have functionality to allow for a typed card number without the higher fee if the software verifies there is a hardware/read error with the card.,9,This has allowed me to accept credit / debit transactions without having to have a monthly subscription to a service and lose money on times of no to little use, allowing me to have a broader customer range as checks are risky. All of my initial equipment was free and there were no startup costs so my return was immediate. The small fee taken out of the transaction is very much worth the ability to accept nearly all plastic transactions.,
Square Customer Engagement

Square Customer Engagement Reviews

Square Customer Engagement
Filter 11 vetted Square Customer Engagement reviews and ratings
Kyle Farago profile photo
September 09, 2016

Square Customer Engagement Review: "Square, For the Individual or Small Business."

• No monthly fees
  • Reasonable per transaction fee
  • Good priced equipment/addons
  • Chip and NFC readers available
  • Some of the build quality on the peripherals could feel a bit better.
  • Have more options for businesses with more credit card transactions such as monthly or discounted per transaction once a certain number is reached.
  • Have functionality to allow for a typed card number without the higher fee if the software verifies there is a hardware/read error with the card.
[Square is well suited for] Any small business / independent contractor with little to medium business flow where a monthly fee just doesn't make sense. If you are performing large transactions or have a lot of business / a lot of people using square readers then an actual flat rate from a bank / provider would likely be a better option.
Read Kyle Farago's full review

Square Customer Engagement Scorecard Summary

Customer data management / contact management (1)
Workflow management (1)
Territory management (1)
Opportunity management (1)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (1)
Contract management (1)
Quote & order management (1)
Interaction tracking (1)
Channel / partner relationship management (1)
Task management (1)
Billing and invoicing management (1)
Reporting (1)
Forecasting (1)
Pipeline visualization (1)
Customizable reports (1)
Role-based user permissions (1)
Mobile access (1)