Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts payements via Stripe Atlas, fraud prevention via Stripe Radar, and payment analytics via Stripe Sigma.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/A9/6e/KZAG7NX8WDX2.pngAn excellent tool once it's set up.We're using Stripe to handle our monthly plans with clients (website maintenance and hosting). There are times we need to change he cost of the monthly maintenance, and Stripe gives us the flexibility to make those changes without requiring each of our clients to go through another sign up process.,The dashboard/backend has an excellent UI. It makes managing users, plans, etc very easy. Good feature set in the backend. They give you a lot of control over how you want to handle clients and the plans they're subscribed to. Their API is quite robust and well documented. Plenty of examples to help you achieve what you want to.,Despite the API documentation and examples from third party sources, it can be hard to get setup. Given the number of commonly desired things to setup, it would be nice to have more pre-coded features to get started with less trial and error.,10,Stripe has allowed us to effortlessly collect monthly fees from our clients. After spending time to get things setup, we now don't need to spend additional time each month processing payments. So in that sense Stripe has had a positive affect in free up our time.,PayPal Payments and Braintree,Chrome Remote Desktop, TeamViewerStripe for Multiple Kajabi AccountsWe initially signed up with Stripe to integrate with our Kajabi accounts. Stripe allows us to set up and maintain subscriptions with clients. It integrates well with multiple Kajabi accounts, bringing the money all into one place. It is very easy to set up and manage. They have competitive rates.,Stripe integrates well with our multiple Kajabi accounts. It allows you to set up separate "businesses" under one stripe account. Stripe is really good at setting up and implementing monthly fees such as memberships. Stripe makes it really easy to cancel recurring monthly charges as well as refunding clients.,Stripe is set up very much like accounting software. It works well for people that are financially minded - think spreadsheets - and not so user friendly in terms of interface. It could be a lot more modern and regular ol' Joe user if you get what I'm saying. They could always lower their fees. Stripe could also make it easier to get paid like PayPal does with PayPal.me,10,It has made setting up payment processing for Kajabi products a breeze. It has been very easy to cancel and refund monthly recurring charges. I don't mind paying their fees because I believe that's the cost of convenience. I would rather have Stripe take their percentage than to wait every month for a client to mail me a check.,PayPal Payments and PayPal Here,Zoom, Squarespace, QuickBooks OnlineUsing Stripe for my Small BusinessI am the founder and director of a Christian ministry that provides life coaching services to young women. I use Stripe to process payments for all of our coaching clients. Using Stripe is an important tool used daily in my line of work. It connects to my scheduling software and makes payments a breeze for my clients.,Stripe does a great job of integrating with the scheduling software I use, Acuity Scheduling. Stripe painlessly processes payments from my clients and gets funds directly to my bank account. Stripe allows my clients flexibility in payment options.,Stripe does take a processing fee off the top, which I understand (but don't necessarily love). If there was any way to get my payments faster, that would be amazing.,9,For the small fee I pay for processing services, it's nice to have so many flexible payment options for my clients. The automation of deposits into my account makes it well worth a small fee. I plugged my information into my settings and haven't had to think twice.,PayPal Payments,Acuity Scheduling, PayPal Payments, QuickBooks Self-EmployedIs it black with white Stripe, or white with black Stripe? Luckily Stripe makes it simple.Stripe is being used by our entire organization as a means of collecting payment from our SaaS customers. It makes it super easy to manage their subscriptions, send invoices, track history of payments, and fix any errors. We also love the fact that you can use their analytics to track trends and understand our customers better - it lets us be able to react quickly and solve problems before they grow.,We needed a system that could easily handle on-off payments as well as monthly/annual subscriptions. Stripe handles it well. Stripe easily and effectively integrates with our other tools. We use Baremetrics to track our numbers (more robust for detailed reporting that what Stripe offers by default) and Stripe makes it as easy as a few clicks. Sending invoices is easy with Stripe. We sometimes make changes to customers' billing accounts, have questions pop up, or need to save the record elsewhere. You can easily create these invoices and download them to your computer in PDF format, or create a link that the customer can visit to view the invoice.,We've found that their searching is slow. We look up customers contstantly and it's never something that takes some waiting. We have a large system, but so do a lot of folks so I would expect this to be better. The navigation itself is a little clunky. There are so many features and so many different ways to track information that sometimes it takes more time than I'd like to accomplish a task. I think they've done an okay job with what they have to work with, but any tool that is that fully loaded with features is bound to take a long time to learn the in's and out's of to become efficient. The app doesn't seem to get updates very often. In the year that I've been consistently using Stripe daily, I haven't seen a lot of changes, at least none that had the "wow" factor that shows that they're really up to something behind the scenes to make things better for their customers.,9,Stripe has saved us a ton of time when it comes to compiling data. Their own analytics provide enough information to get your head around things, and their ability to connect to more robust systems like Baremetrics and ProfitWell make things really easy on our accounting team, easily saving 5+ hours per week. Our sales team uses Stripe to accept payments, apply promotions and more. Because this process is so easy with Stripe, onboarding our sales team is always incredibly straight forward and mistakes are very rarely made. This easily saves us $1,000's in training costs compared to other systems that are more complex.,PayPal Payments and WePay,Asana, Trello, Calendly, SurveyGizmo, LinkedIn Talent, Facebook for Business, ZapierMake Your Transactions Simple with Stripe!We currently use FareHarbor and their processing company is Stripe. Being bulked into a group and receiving a discounted processing fee has been amazing for us! In our business we have to issue refunds, sadly, regularly based on weather conditions cancelling our tours. Being part of the Stripe community means each time we have to do this we are no longer getting hit with the processing fees on the return, we actually receive the processing fees back into our account. IT'S THE BEST THING EVER!,Easy functionality Easy integration Flawless processing in both directions,I have yet to find any "issues" with using their system.,10,POSITIVE - we are not losing money when we have to issue a refund, that is huge for a company that has that worry on a regular basis. The reduction in credit card processing fees helps the bottom line. The simplicity of their set up, integration and overall general system make them easy to work with.,,QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Premier
Stripe

Stripe Reviews

Stripe
Filter 58 vetted Stripe reviews and ratings
Brandon Zell profile photo
December 05, 2018

Stripe Review: "An excellent tool once it's set up."

• The dashboard/backend has an excellent UI. It makes managing users, plans, etc very easy.
  • Good feature set in the backend. They give you a lot of control over how you want to handle clients and the plans they're subscribed to.
  • Their API is quite robust and well documented. Plenty of examples to help you achieve what you want to.
  • Despite the API documentation and examples from third party sources, it can be hard to get setup. Given the number of commonly desired things to setup, it would be nice to have more pre-coded features to get started with less trial and error.
If you need to charge clients for a monthly service, Stripe is an excellent way to handle this. You can have clients sign up through your website rather than sending them off to a third-party website. It's a more professional way to gather payment information.

If your website is a flat-file website with no server-side language (such as PHP), Stripe won't work.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Andy Ryan profile photo
December 04, 2018

User Review: "Stripe for Multiple Kajabi Accounts"

• Stripe integrates well with our multiple Kajabi accounts. It allows you to set up separate "businesses" under one stripe account.
  • Stripe is really good at setting up and implementing monthly fees such as memberships.
  • Stripe makes it really easy to cancel recurring monthly charges as well as refunding clients.
  • Stripe is set up very much like accounting software. It works well for people that are financially minded - think spreadsheets - and not so user friendly in terms of interface. It could be a lot more modern and regular ol' Joe user if you get what I'm saying.
  • They could always lower their fees.
  • Stripe could also make it easier to get paid like PayPal does with PayPal.me
We use Stripe primarily with our online courses and membership sites through Kajabi. We think it's a great way to manage monthly subscriptions or recurring charges such as payment plans. We set everything up in Kajabi and then it just works in Stripe. When we shut down a membership program it was very easy to go into Stripe and cancel the recurring payments and also to refund people who had paid in advance.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
Reagan Baird Nash profile photo
September 17, 2018

User Review: "Using Stripe for my Small Business"

• Stripe does a great job of integrating with the scheduling software I use, Acuity Scheduling.
  • Stripe painlessly processes payments from my clients and gets funds directly to my bank account.
  • Stripe allows my clients flexibility in payment options.
  • Stripe does take a processing fee off the top, which I understand (but don't necessarily love).
  • If there was any way to get my payments faster, that would be amazing.
Stripe is great for small businesses and ministries like mine. For someone with all kinds of clients and accounts, offering all kinds of payment options to those who are submitting money to my business is always a plus. No matter what payment methods they use, it gets wired right to my business bank account with no problem at all.
Read Reagan Baird Nash's full review
Austin Grammon profile photo
August 29, 2018

Review: "Is it black with white Stripe, or white with black Stripe? Luckily Stripe makes it simple."

• We needed a system that could easily handle on-off payments as well as monthly/annual subscriptions. Stripe handles it well.
  • Stripe easily and effectively integrates with our other tools. We use Baremetrics to track our numbers (more robust for detailed reporting that what Stripe offers by default) and Stripe makes it as easy as a few clicks.
  • Sending invoices is easy with Stripe. We sometimes make changes to customers' billing accounts, have questions pop up, or need to save the record elsewhere. You can easily create these invoices and download them to your computer in PDF format, or create a link that the customer can visit to view the invoice.
  • We've found that their searching is slow. We look up customers contstantly and it's never something that takes some waiting. We have a large system, but so do a lot of folks so I would expect this to be better.
  • The navigation itself is a little clunky. There are so many features and so many different ways to track information that sometimes it takes more time than I'd like to accomplish a task. I think they've done an okay job with what they have to work with, but any tool that is that fully loaded with features is bound to take a long time to learn the in's and out's of to become efficient.
  • The app doesn't seem to get updates very often. In the year that I've been consistently using Stripe daily, I haven't seen a lot of changes, at least none that had the "wow" factor that shows that they're really up to something behind the scenes to make things better for their customers.
Stripe is perfectly suited for a software company. It is relatively easy to use, has the features necessary to accept recurring payments, and has enough integrations to fit into what you are currently using. However, I have a colleague who used this at a dental office that he worked at, and he said that it wasn't nearly enough to track the extra gears of insurance and down-payments, and they had to switch after several months.
Read Austin Grammon's full review
Brina Marcus profile photo
August 01, 2018

Review: "Make Your Transactions Simple with Stripe!"

• Easy functionality
  • Easy integration
  • Flawless processing in both directions
  • I have yet to find any "issues" with using their system.
The bottom line is the lower rate and return of fees when refunds are issued. These two items alone make working with Stripe a no-brainer. The ease of not having multiple credit card processors for different purchasing portals had made my life and my staff's lives so much easier.
Read Brina Marcus's full review
Ben Gelsey profile photo
October 29, 2018

Review: "Stripe is dominating the payments API sector"

At Flights Machine, we use Stripe for all of our subscription billing and one-time purchase payment infrastructure. Every single one of our customers gets billed via Stripe. We have both 6-month and annual subscription plans and deeply integrate with Stripe via to detect and mitigate delinquent churn and to manage our customers' subscriptions.
  • Excellent developer documentation
  • Simple pricing model
  • Rock solid reliability
  • More expensive than competitors
  • Terribly limited analytics/reporting (need to use 3rd party analytics tools instead)
  • API updates frequently (though they are good at supporting their older APIs)
If you are a small startup and want to have 100% control of your checkout experience (and have development resources), use Stripe. Whether it is subscriptions or 1-time purchases, Stripe is great at both. Similar competitors like Braintree are much worse (I've used them).

If you are a company that is already doing high volumes, try negotiating Stripe's fee, and depending on that decide whether the migration is worthwhile.
Read Ben Gelsey's full review
Lauren Golden profile photo
October 01, 2018

Review: "Stripe is the way to go for online payment processing"

We use Stripe to process one-time and subscription type purchases for our digital products and services. We sell all of our programs through ClickFunnels and run a membership site on that platform as well. It's incredibly easy to integrate Stripe with this platform and manage client concerns, refund, payment plans, etc. through both ends.
  • Clean, simple software to implement and report on.
  • Integrates well with 3rd party software programs (we use ClickFunnels).
  • Great, high functioning app.
  • Faster payouts and lower interest rates would never be a bad thing in merchant card services.
  • One thing that could be more user friendly is the ability to update a user's credit card info.
It's user-friendly, accurate, trustworthy. I always recommend Stripe and have not yet found a scenario where it doesn't work for our business. If you are using subscriptions or selling online programs or services, this is my go-to recommendation for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Read Lauren Golden's full review
Heather Frick profile photo
August 24, 2018

User Review: "Major Props for Stripe"

Stripe is currently being used by a couple of select departments in our organization. They use it mainly for processing donations, processing payments for services, and processing payments for the sale of electronic materials. As the accountant, I like it because the credit card processing fees are taken out at the time the payments are sent to the bank.
  • Process payments
  • Clear reporting
  • Deduct credit card fees when sending payments to bank
  • Better ability to print reports
  • Ability to see longer-range reports
  • Year-over-year comparisons
Strips would be well suited for receiving payments via credit card on a web platform. I do not know if it has the capability to receive payments from a non-web-based platform (similar to Square). The reporting has been accurate, but if you need to know sales tax and other info, a different platform may be a better option.
Read Heather Frick's full review
Lilia Borisova profile photo
June 14, 2018

Stripe Review: "Great platform for online payments"

Stripe is a very easy to integrate and use platform. We use Stripe widely across our organization. We integrated Stripe in our e-commerce platform, so Stripe is a significant part of the product/service we provide. We also use Stripe for almost all of the transaction from clients/to vendors as well as for all of our subscriptions and automated payments.
  • Stripe is very easy to integrate and use within e-commerce platforms
  • Greatly made APIs helps to create very well-functioning products
  • Very intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it a pleasure to use Stripe.
  • Stripe charges a high fee. Many small businesses that have small transactions can't use Stripe because of the fees
  • Although the email support replies pretty fast, it would be nice to have phone support as well
  • The web version is not so great compared to the mobile version, so it could use some improvement
Stripe has a very-well made APIs, so it is very well suited for companies who want to build some e-commerce, subscription-based product using Stripe APIs. Because Stripe has pretty high fees, it is not well suited for small businesses, like small coffee shops for example, that do not have a significant amount of transactions.
Read Lilia Borisova's full review
John Schwartz profile photo
June 14, 2018

User Review: "Stripe for SaaS is a no brainier"

We use Stripe to handle all of our e-commerce. We are a SaaS startup and most of our revenue is subscription based. We also use it for promos/discounts and keeping track of customers on a revenue basis. We have integrated it with a referral platform to manage commissions as well. Stripe solves our payment processing issues and can throw off some good data for making decisions.
  • Handles multiple payment types including ACH seamlessly. They also added one-time invoicing as well which has been helpful for one-off charges
  • Great API integrations with pandaDoc, FirstPromoter, Slack and other platforms
  • Multiple pricing levels and programs enable us to be flexible in what we are offering to our customers and modify based on needs of the market.
  • It's pretty code-intensive to set up. You have to be a developer to get it on your site -- I feel like it should be more turnkey.
  • Better reporting and analytics -- why should i have to subscribe to yet another sass platform like Baremetrics to get better metrics -- feel like these should be onboard at Stripe. If a competitor came along with better metrics, we would switch.
If you have a subscription/SaaS business, Stripe is great and easy to administrate for the most part. If you have a one-off transactional sales platform, Stripe is not as useful -- I would use Shopify in those cases. If you are a contractor and billing for hours that vary monthly, Stripe is not a good choice -- there are better solutions available.
Read John Schwartz's full review
Steven Senft profile photo
June 11, 2018

User Review: "Stripe for non-profits"

• We had used Stripe as the main provider of payment services for our organization.
  • It was an entry-level system with reasonable rates for a non-profit like ours.
  • It allowed us to take payments and donations online.
  • It allowed for multiple users in our organization
  • We have now switched to a different payment service provider.
  • It syncs well with Wordpress websites
  • Allows you to run any kind of payments
  • You can find donors or clients easily
  • More connectivity
  • Ability to sync directly with the website, not the backend
  • Recurring payment methods
  • Well suited: Run payments for small-mid size organizations or companies. The software will allow you to create different payments throughout your website in a very simple to implement the process.
  • Less appropriate: When you are trying to generate complicate transactions and then try to upload or sync them to a database. It is just a payment service provider.
Read Steven Senft's full review
June 21, 2018

Stripe Review: "Very good product"

Stripe is being used across our organization. IT department uses Stripe for our product, it is integrated in our service to receive payments from clients. Business development department also uses Stripe to receive payments from clients and to send/receive payments to/from our partners. Stripe helps us to process payments faster and in more convenient way.
  • The integration of Stripe with other software always goes smoothly
  • Stripe has a very clean and convenient user interface on both web and mobile applications
  • Customer support is great, they always reply in minutes
  • Transaction fees are pretty high
  • Would be nice to have customisable email receipt
  • No other complaigns
Stripe is good for all kind of businesses. Because Stripe is easily integrated with other software products, it is well suited for for companies that develop software in finance area or e-commerce area and need it to process a lot of payments, Stripe is a great solution in this case.
June 14, 2018

Review: "Stripe: THE payment integration provider"

Stripe is used to accept payment. It has simple APIs to use for accepting credit cards and makes marketing operations easier
  • Competitive cost
  • Reliable and good support
  • Fee on every transaction
Have recommended Stripe to others before. It's really the only solution for creating custom payment gateways or accepting credit cards
Natasia Malaihollo profile photo
May 23, 2018

User Review: "Stripe is Right for Startups and SMBs"

Our startup company operates an online SaaS business that depends on Stripe to process our monthly subscription services payments and renewals. We integrated Stripe's API into our online web platform, where our end-users then sign-up and pay. Stripe provides the credit card payment form, processes the payments for us, direct deposits the payments into our bank account every few days, and also sends follow-ups to users that have failed payments.
  • Credit card processing interface and experience for customers
  • Processes transactions smoothly
  • Easy integration with our own tool
  • More clarification around failed payments and reasoning---also, would be nice if Stripe showed us what efforts they've taken to follow-up with our end-users regarding failed payments
  • The fee per payment processed is a little high
  • Easier navigation of customer base and more features within dashboard to see sales/revenue
Stripe is well-suited for startup companies and small businesses that want a simple and trusted solution to capture credit card information and process payments. It is very out-of-the-box. The API for Stripe can be easily integrated into any web-based application and live within an hour. It does become pricey as you generate more volume in sales.
Read Natasia Malaihollo's full review
Jeremy Kiner profile photo
June 08, 2018

Review: "Stripe has been a perfect fit for our small business"

We use Stripe to facilitate all of our online transactions and subscriptions. We found it to integrate nicely with our billing software.
  • Easy interface
  • Nice reporting
  • Easy process for issuing refunds
It is a perfect solution for small to medium-sized organizations.
Read Jeremy Kiner's full review
June 05, 2018

Review: "Stripe has an amazingly powerful set of tools to manage payments."

We use Stripe as the primary way for users to make contributions to their charitable giving accounts. Specifically, we use Stripe Connect as our software acts as an intermediary between users and a network of foundations that hold their funds until they distribute the funds to charity. Stripe Connect is the perfect platform to support this use case, with the flexibility for us to correctly distribute the funds and charge fees, as needed.
  • Amazingly flexible APIs to support every use case we have come across.
  • Quick customer service, particularly technical and with respect to fees.
  • It feels like they are always a step or two ahead of the capabilities that we need. We have confidence they'll continue to stay ahead of our needs, whihc makes for an ideal partner.
  • They handle and store all of the payment information, so that we have much lower compliance risk.
  • The fees are a bit high, particularly to distribute funds out (not collect) via ACH, which are higher than the market.
  • The online dashboard can be a bit confusing for reconciling transactions. It is much easier to store everything in our own database and reconcile internally rather than try to use their dashboard.
Use Stripe for any case where you want to accept payment online. It has all of the tools to support any use case that you can dream up, from using their interface and their receipts to a fully integrated 'platform' implementation to power two-sided marketplaces.
May 17, 2018

User Review: "Stripe FTW"

We are a SaaS business and use Stripe for our back end billing of customers for monthly and yearly subscription fees. Our support team are its main users and it allows us to easily process regular payments, provide refunds or credits, adjust subscription plans, handle disputes, and more. Stripe allows us to easily manage thousands of different billing profiles from a single location and has a clean, modern interface that for the most part is very intuitive.
  • Search function is extremely useful - I can search for any set of numbers and it will pull relevant results (ie, it can match account IDs, payment amounts, last 4 digits of a card number, etc) which is a great time saver.
  • Refunds and credits are a piece of cake.
  • Adjusting subscriptions is easy.
  • Payment failure/credit card denial messages could be more detailed.
  • Email support only can be frustrated in a time sensitive situation - I get the choice to not have phones but live chat would be better than just email support.
  • Random things like manually typing in or adjusting a line item on an invoice isn't an option.
Stripe is excellent for maintaining a database of thousands of users with different subscription needs and prices. We use their API to link with our client side billing, so sometimes there can be challenges with edge case subscription issues or scenarios where a certain type of change can cause billing glitches. However, this can oftentimes be attributed to our software rather than Stripe's - overall it's an extremely stable platform that does what we need it to do!
May 03, 2018

User Review: "Start Accepting Payments with Stripe"

We use Stripe to bill for both our SaaS offering and one-time consumables. Our business model is both a monthly subscription, and one-off paid for marketing campaigns including lead-gen, and pro-serve services. Stripe is our payment process of choice, along with our invoice and customer payment CRM solution.
  • Simple to use API/SDK for Payment Processing
  • Customer Payment Management
  • Web interface for managing your accounts
  • Fees/pricing is high. 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
  • New Product offerings can be confusing
  • Web UI can be unwieldy
Pricing in the cost of transactions, Stripe is an easy to use payment processor that makes accepting payments, and that side of your business easy. Doubly so if you want to integrate payment acceptance into your web/mobile/desktop applications. They are developer friendly, and a pleasure to use.
January 16, 2018

User Review: "Stripe - Give it a Shot!"

Stripe is being used as our main credit card processor for donations in the door. We use it as an organization and my department oversees the technical capacity. For every forward facing donation landing page that we have we utilize Stripe to ensure that those donors have their credit card details as well as bank account details processed in a thorough, efficient, and very importantly safe manner.
  • Timeliness - Stripe is always on time with their payouts, there is a reason they are the best in the biz
  • Communication - their customer support is top notch and if an issue arises they are always open to communication with the client
  • Ease of use - the platform is very intuitive and user friendly. My teammates who were not previously familiar with the dashboard at all were able to pick it up within an hour of use.
  • Constantly changing - I will say that the dashboard changes fairly regularly which causes you to take a moment and relearn where your normal buttons are, but it's always a simple change
  • Need to sign-in repetitively throughout the day - your account times out a few times during the day and if you're using Stripe as regularly as I am it can become a bit cumbersome
I would definitely highly recommend Stripe to a colleague and otherwise, it is a platform that delivers a necessary product in a very approachable and seamless way. If you or someone you know is looking for a credit card processor then give Stripe a look, they work with companies small to large and are the best at what they do!
November 07, 2017

Review: "Stripe - Custom payment processing that Just Works"

Our SaaS uses Stripe for its subscription billing. Stripe handles credit card collection, recurring billing, and subscription management. We have it integrated with our NodeJS backend via their extremely well-documented API; integration was a breeze. We use their Checkout library for collecting payment information; it works great and looks great too.
  • Their integration API and Node library. Superb documentation, and you can do just about anything with it.
  • Their dashboard/admin interface. It's pretty easy to move around and do what you want with it. It was a bit clunky but this year (2017) they did a redesign and that's improved things.
  • Their Checkout offering. One less thing to worry about. Initially I thought we'd replace it with a custom form, but in the end there was no need!
  • Not exactly Stripe's fault but the API can be a little daunting at first. Took a little while to wrap my head around it. Still, that's more due to the scope and breadth of what it does, rather than flaws in the architecture or the documentation.
Stripe would be my go-to solution for any custom payment integration, without a doubt. For simple checkout buttons and such, maybe PayPal or another alternative would be simpler. But I've been so happy with its integration with our app's backend.
Jordon Sargent profile photo
March 24, 2017

Stripe Review: "Basic, but Powerful and Essential Tool!"

As a software company with a number of different plans, we use Stripe for our smaller transactional deals. We have a number of transactional deals that take place and they are all managed in Stripe. It's being used across the whole organization and enables us to quickly get cash in the door without having to send out a contract for each and every deal. All the user needs to do is put in their credit card information and they are good to go.
  • With stripe, you can immediately receive/accept payments and the set-up/implementation is very easy.
  • Stripe’s sign-up process requires very little information from the merchant - so it's easy for not only for the one receiving money, but for the one paying.
  • After researching a lot of different companies, Stripe had the best bang for its buck.
  • I've noticed that the decline rate can sometimes be high due to bank declining the transaction. This is specifically relevant when a customer overseas is trying to sign up. With that being said, it might be on their end, but I'm sure there's something Stripe could do to improve.
  • The support team can be a little slow to get back at times. While I've been pleased overall, there is always room for improvement.
  • I don't have much experience with coding and programming. With that being said, it took some time to learn how the API worked.
Stripe is ideal for when you have transactional deals that are bound to take place, particularly at a higher rate. For example, our SaaS company does anywhere from 10-25 enterprise deals/month. These are all handled on a very personal, one-on-one situation which requires a lot of detail in legal docs, contracts, etc. We also offer an entry level plan that does not require any call/demo. You can just sign up by clicking on the stripe link. All the users need to do is put in their information and they have access to the plan right away. Stripe makes this possible.
Read Jordon Sargent's full review
Stephen Harris profile photo
March 08, 2017

User Review: "Stripe, easy payments processing"

We use Stripe on our big commerce platform for all payments coming through the website.
  • Simple to set up.
  • Accurate reporting.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Offers secure platform payments.
  • For the size of our business we see no need for improvement.
Simple customer friendly set up procedure
Read Stephen Harris's full review
Vinay Bhagat profile photo
September 13, 2016

"Stripe Billing Review"

We use Stripe Billing to collect subscription fees from our clients on a daily basis. The entire organization uses Stripe, and it helps us collect payments, track the billing status of users, and flag failed accounts.
  • Stripe attempts to bill clients multiple times, so if the initial attempt to collect payment fails, they keep trying. Often payment is collected on the 2nd or 3rd try. This ability to re-try billing attempts with the same user on a monthly basis increases the overall amount we collect in payments.
  • It is easy to search for customers using Stripe- type in the first few letters of the subscriber's name and they immediately appear. It's a simple feature, but very useful when fielding customer service calls.
  • Stripe does make it easy to create new coupon codes or issue partial or total refunds.
  • Customer Service for Stripe billing is lacking. Their customer service reps do not carefully read emails, and often provide very generic, "cut and paste" replies to very specific questions. This can occur multiple times while trouble shooting. They also wait too long to respond to queries (over 1 day sometimes).
  • Stripe does not offer phone support- even in the case of an emergency. The lack of any human contact whatsoever is distressing, and in some cases, frightening.
  • Stripe is a bit pricey.
If you don't care about personal customer service, and don't think of your online billing operation as "mission critical" then Stripe may just be the right provider for you. But if you demand to talk to a human being in the case of an emergency, then I would not recommend this provider at all. Their lack of personal customer service during emergencies presents too high of a risk for our organization, and eventually we will have to find another provider due to the risk and exposure we face without any contingency plans if/when our billing experiences problems.
Read Vinay Bhagat's full review
Jason Montoya profile photo
April 18, 2016

Review: "Stripe Is a Fast, Flexible and Easy System For Accepting Credit Card Payments"

I discovered Stripe after a poor experience with another merchant services service which was unexpectedly shut down. Stripe makes it really easy and quick to set up an account and begin accepting credit card payments from customers.

This was a lifesaver in addition to them not charging a monthly fee for their service. The transaction fees were also comparable or better than the researched competition. At the time, I was also switching accounting systems to Less Accounting and the integration between Stripe and it was already supported. It's made it easy to accept customer payments.
  • Quick to set up and start accepting payments.
  • Easy to use and beautiful user interface.
  • Powerful integration with other tools.
  • No monthly fee and competitive transaction fees.
  • It's more of a do it yourself system so the support is not high level, but I've never used it so it has not been a problem.
Stripe is a great system if you need to start receiving credit card payments quickly. It's also great if you are not technically inclined. The API options are huge if you are looking to set up a payment integration with an app or website.
Read Jason Montoya's full review
August 15, 2016

Review: "Stripe makes it easy and affordable to sell your products online"

Stripe is being used by my organization's fundraising and events departments. The fundraising department uses Stripe as an online credit card processor, as well as a recurring payment plan manager. The events department uses it to collect tuition and event registration fees. We use Stripe to operate all of our online payment systems.
  • Stripe's user interface is very friendly. They make it easy to find past payments, look up customers, manage disputes, and check total sales and money transfers. The layout is clean, and it's easy to get new users up to speed quickly and effectively.
  • Stripe offers top-notch fraud protection. I've seen many cases where suspicious transactions come through and Stripe identified and stopped the problem. I trust Stripe with my company's information.
  • Stripe's fees are very reasonable. They only take a small transaction fee, which is competitive with other industry services.
  • Stripe's support team is responsive and helpful. They typically reply within a business day and are able to understand and solve problems efficiently.
  • Stripe assumes that recurring payment plans will have a pre-determined amount ($25, $50, $100, etc). However, my organization allows donors to input a custom $ amount, which requires a Stripe admin to manually create a new subscription plan for each donor. This can get labor-intensive with a large volume of custom payment amounts. This would not be an issue if your organization only allows pre-determined subscriptions, though.
  • Stripe's default email receipt is not very customizable. Third-party options are available, however.
  • Refunds are only allowed on a case-by-case basis. It would be nice to have a bulk refund feature.
Stripe is well suited for an organization looking to easily and efficiently collect and track credit card payments. Stripe's user-friendly interface allows you to get the system running well without much hassle. Stripe is less appropriate for an organization that is collecting a wide range of subscription payments (more than 5).

Stripe Scorecard Summary