Stripe

Stipe is well worth a look.

May 03, 2022

Useful Product

March 25, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Stripe, and make your voice heard!

Sigma

per charge

Radar

per screened transaction

Issuing

per virtual card

What is Stripe?

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts payements via Stripe Atlas, fraud prevention via Stripe Radar, and payment analytics via Stripe Sigma.

Additional features and modules include Stripe Issuing, which allows users to create, manage, and distribute virtual and physical cards. Control expenses, reduce operational burden, and create new lines of revenue. Stripe Invoicing is a global invoicing platform. Stripe Treasury is a banking-as-a-service API that lets users embed financial services in a marketplace or platform. With a single integration, enable customers to hold funds, pay bills, earn interest, and manage cash flow.

Stripe Video

The opportunity ahead (and at Stripe)

Stripe Technical Details

We use Stripe to process payments through their integration on our site. We also use it for invoicing when it comes to other forms of payment. We needed a quick and reliable payment processor because we have many people coming in on a daily basis needing to pay. We also needed a way to invoice for larger payments.
  • Invoicing
  • Payment processing.
  • Reporting.
  • Ways to input data from payments made outside of stripe.
  • Cleaner reporting data.
  • More accurate churn data.
I think Stripe is well suited for most businesses. We are a smaller business, but I have seen it work very well for larger organizations. It does a great job of processing payments from users on our site, but we sometimes run into problems with certain banks when it comes to authorizing payments.
Bobby Greenawalt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe is used in a few different methods. It is the payment processor through our website forms integrated with Gravity Forms. We use this to process payments for tabs at events. It goes through the form and then pushes the customer to a Stripe page to make PCI compliance easier.

We also use Stripe through our Event Management Software, Tripleseat, as our payment processor. The integration with Tripleseat allows us to easily reference back to each event and makes reconciling easy.

Lastly, we use it through Shopify, as Shopify exclusively uses Stripe for its e-commerce platform.

Stripe solves several problems for us. We are able to be consistent, see everything in one place, know the customer support is great, and ultimately make it easy for our clients to checkout.
  • Subscriptions through Stripe are easy to begin, enter, and then set and forget. It helps guarantee you get your monthly payments without constantly setting reminders to process manually.
  • Invoicing directly from the website is surprisingly easy, comes with several options, and customers know Stripe and know it's safe.
  • The number of integrations that Stripe has is endless. I can always count on Stripe being an option, so their integrations and API settings are incredible.
  • It would be nice to be able to see my Shopify payments from my main payment gateway. I currently have to go to Shopify for that.
  • The ability to be able to offer discounted rates at a smaller threshold would be nice.
Stripe is amazing for anything you'll be processing from a website—E-commerce, website forms, management platforms, etc. To my knowledge, it's not best suited for a POS System, but I'm sure that's something that is integrated with other platforms so that they can offer it. Ultimately, it's well suited for most scenarios.
Stripe support is fantastic in the amount of time that it takes for them to answer you, to their ability to assist and solve problems, even if they aren't directly related to problems with Stripe itself.
I use Stripe as my payment method for my online coaching program and courses. I've also used it as one-time payment method during a product promotion and launch. Stripe has allowed me to get paid securely and quickly with minimal transaction fees.
  • Easy account set up
  • Quick payment processing
  • Secure payment method
  • The error messages are unclear
  • Customer service
  • Reconciliation with accounting software
I launched a product over the holiday and needed a quick and easy way to sell the product from my social media account and Stripe made that process easy for me. The best part about having a Stripe account is the ease of use and no monthly fees or minimums. I'm only charged a minimum transaction fee of 1% on each of my payments and the money is sent to my bank account within 5 business days. Also, while setting up my products I can put my Stripe account via my account's API in test mode to make sure everything is set up accurately.
Doug Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Stripe as my main payment processor for my business and on my website. It's very easy to use, easy to read reports, and easy to implement on my site. It acts as both the merchant services and payment gateway without the extra fees.
  • Payment processing
  • Reports
  • Website interface
  • None
Stripe is an easy payment process to implement for small to large businesses. There are no fees unless you take a payment.
March 25, 2022

Useful Product

Stripe makes it easy to handle credit card sales. We use it to manage revenue and credit card processing from multiple product revenue streams. During closing, we export reports from Stripe to reconcile to the GL. We configured the cash receipts to post to our GL directly, which is convenient and automated.
  • It processes payments well.
  • It is easy to set up.
  • It has a flat fee.
  • Reporting is confusing.
  • Reconciling issues to Chargify could be better.
  • The user interface is lacking.
Stripe is well suited for a small business with limited reporting needs. Large customers can also find it useful though. The reporting is confusing to use, and some reconciliations and tasks had to be very manual as a result. It is easy to refund customers and manage and cancel subscriptions.
Duncan McMillan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe is our payment gateway provider of choice when building websites and commerce solutions for our clients. The popularity of Stripe means that if we are deploying an off-the-shelf solution like WordPress, then there are plenty of ready-made integrations available, and setting up is always a breeze. When we develop a bespoke, custom-built solution, Stripe’s developer-friendly API helps reduce a potentially complex job into a few straightforward and well-documented steps.
  • Integrates easily with off-the-shelf systems like WordPress
  • Provides a reliable and robust API
  • Is thoroughly and clearly documented
  • I can’t think of anything just now
In my experience, Stripe is the ideal payment platform for implementing online payments on a website. It is also an ideal choice of payment gateway when setting up an online store using WordPress and one of the many e-commerce plugins like WooCommerce.
David Calvert | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe is integrated as the payment method for Planning Center Online Giving, our non-profit giving solution. Our interaction with Stripe is streamlined through the PCO Giving interface, but we have also connected directly with Stripe to follow up on various fees or processes. Since COVID, all of our online giving has increased significantly, so Stripe has become an invaluable partner in giving folks a secure way to give donations through our website.
  • Payment Processing
  • Security
  • Flexibility
  • Customization
  • API access
  • Customer service accessibility options
Stripe is great for processing payments and donations made through PCO Giving - they are integrated well and function largely in the background. When we've needed to, we've easily accessed Stripe directly to double check things. If you're trying to integrate with another payment processor or backend program that has an existing relationship with another processor, Stripe may make things more complicated.
We use Stripe to accept money for our online courses, programs, workshops, events, and membership. Stripe is really helpful in our business because it processes our payments and deposits the money into our account quickly, helping with predictable cash flow. We use Stripe in conjunction with our shopping cart program.
  • Process payments
  • Deposits money in a short amount of time (normally 2-3 business days)
  • Sends notifications when a payment has been made
  • The dashboard could be more intuitive
  • Creating reports can be clunky
  • Sorting transactions or having a search feature for transactions
Stripe is well suited for service-based businesses that are online. Stripe makes it easy to process payments for digital products that are information based. It was easy to set up and sell my services and digital products and receive money in my account within a reasonable time. I wouldn't recommend Stripe for product-based businesses.
We use Stripe to process credit card payments from our customers. We've integrated Stripe with Salesforce to have customers provide their credit card information in order to maintain PCI compliance. If a customer needs to update their credit card details, they don't even need to contact us; they can simply login to Salesforce, make the changes, and we can process their next monthly payment seamlessly.
  • The user interface is very straightforward and easy to navigate
  • Credit card refunds are fairly painless to process
  • The customer support team is typically responsive and helpful
  • Upgrading some functionalities from manual to automatic can be time consuming
  • Can be difficult to recover forgotten passwords
  • Implementing Stripe with our new ERP has taken longer than anticipated
In our experience, Stripe is very useful if your business would like to quickly process credit card payments for invoices, especially if your customers are worried about maintaining PCI compliance. We have been using it with our current ERP for over a year and it has been very helpful, however in trying to transition Stripe to our new ERP, we have experienced some delays and complications.
Stripe is the primary checkout platform for my organization. We connect with it through our API to create and manage subscriptions, and our CS team leverages the platform to review payments and update plans for existing users. Stripe is integral to our running of our payments system for our SaaS.
  • Payments
  • Subscription Management
  • API
  • Stripe checkout could be stronger
If you are starting a SaaS product and looking for a reliable payments processer with a robust API, Stripe is a great play. The Stripe Checkout platform manages payments and invoices to reduce the heavy frontend load associated with building a payments experience for your SaaS. Definitely worth checking out!
We're currently implementing it into our own systems, currently it's mostly in development systems. It will be used to process payments for our future webshop and will be offered to our other customers which get custom invoices if they want to pay with Credit Card or other payments available on Stripe.
  • Design
  • Development Library for many languages
  • Well documented
  • Sometimes it may be hard to find something specific in the Dashboard
If you want to get started fast with accepting Credit Card payments, Stripe is perfect for you because you can create custom payments and the most shop websites have an integration for Stripe. If you're developing with Stripe it's a very good experience either because the API is well documented and with the test mode you can try everything as much as you need.
Rod Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We work with several national companies who's Franchisees order from us online and we use Stripe to process the credit card payments. Selling our products online, we wanted to work with a reliable company that had a strong history of successful online transactions. We did our research and of all the companies that offer credit card processing, Stripe was the clear winner for us. It automates our selling process, making it easy to do business online.
  • Processes cards quickly and efficiently with lots of metadata for backup
  • Offers detailed reporting for both Accounting and Marketing
  • Has great communication about how much and when payments to our account occur
  • Payouts could happen faster
  • Invoicing information could be more precise
Stripe is well suited to any business offering online sales because it's easy to set up and use. I would say that any online business that is selling specific products would benefit from using Stripe. I'm not sure Stripe would work well for highly technical products that may need customization.
Stripe is used as the payment gateway for all ecommerce purchases on our website via a WooCommerce integration. This provides our website visitors with the ability to pay for their order on our website with no redirects and no popups regardless of whether they are on a desktop or mobile device.
  • Integrated payment system
  • Easy to use reporting
  • Remembers previous visitors for fast future checkouts
  • More flexible payout options
  • Integration with banking systems
Stripe is incredibly versatile with endless scenario options to use the platform. Outside of the standard online ecommerce payment gateway, which works seamlessly, I find the direct invoicing and related subscription options to be very valuable and can provide companies of all sizes with an option to refresh their billing models and collect new forms of revenue.
Josh Collier, Website Designer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used it in two ways. The first way I used it was to use it as my payment processor for an ecommerce site I built for personal use to sell my own product. I also needed a payment processor for a customer who I was building an ecommerce site for. It needed to integrate well with woocommerce, and that is one thing they do extremely well.
  • Integrates with Woocommerce
  • Communicates with woocommerce for refunds and taxes and other things
  • Allows you to see where payments may be getting hung up in the processing.
  • I had an issue with a few little things on stripe and felt the customer service was a little short with me didn't really want to find a solution.
The main scenarios I would use stripe for are for ecommerce sites. Though I only use woocommerce I believe they integrate with a lot of other ecommerce platforms. If you need to get something setup very quickly and going Stripe is probably one of the quickest ways to get an account up. They make it easy to put sales dollars right into your account.
March 23, 2022

Happy with Stripe!

Meredith Brough | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Stripe to charge my clients for purchases that they make; some are one time purchases and others are recurring. I need a service that is convenient, reliable and easy to use. I also need a service that has low fees and is convenient for my customers to use.
  • They are reliable. I can count on everything going smoothly with transactions.
  • They are accurate. I don’t run into problems with collecting the proper amounts or being overcharged for fees.
  • They have good customer service. If I have a question about the customer portal or a problem with a customer, they help me resolve these issues.
  • I have found some things can be confusing to understand or use on the customer portal screen
I am a single owner LLC with a couple of contracted workers. That means most of my business dealings are my responsibility, but I don’t have a lot of time to deal with problems and I need things to run smoothly. I sell digital products and coaching services. I had a monthly subscription program for a year. Stripe has been well suited for me, whether I needed monthly fees collected for my membership site, payments for one time purchases, or payments split into 2-3 charges. i am glad I have Stripe working for me.
We use skype as its integration with our marketing automation platform and we use stripe to take our client's payments from subscriptions. Its a good and affordable tool with smooth transactions. Its smoothness is even commended by clients as well. THey are comfortable with the processes of stripe very well.
  • Smooth Transanctions
  • Ease of payment
  • transaction security
  • Integration portfolio
  • Integration API'S
  • Global card operations
If you are running a SAAS-based solution and are looking for a payment gateway that can be integrated into the platform for ease of usage of the customers of the solution. Recurring payment settlements are also easy to perform. The security of card information is also a key thing that stripe does well.
March 23, 2022

User Friendly.

I use stripe for online purchasing of signature programs and services. It is great when selling out of the country as it allows for simple currency conversions.
  • Easy user friendly payment processing.
  • Reports for user.
  • Currency conversion.
  • N/A
It is great when selling programs and services/products on a more global scale. Great for passive processing of payments.
I started to use Stripe because I was fed up with how I was treated by PayPal customer service. It has been my only payment processor since then. It's easy to track recurring payments, handle refunds and even change payments on the way. They have competitive rates and the support team has always responded above my expectations.
  • Makes easy cancellation and refunds.
  • Low fees.
  • Supportive customer service
  • Wait period to deposit into bank.
  • No automatic tax support.
  • Better integration with billing softwares.
It's and outstanding alternative to PayPal. It's very easy to integrate payments with checkout platforms like Thrivecart.

It's a great payment processor if you sell online products, courses or services.

It may not be the best option if your buyers tend to make compulsive purchases, since in this case they will look for their credit card information, something that takes a little more work than simply using your email as PayPal does.
We used Stripe to allow people to pay for orders on an e-commerce platform. People would add products to the cart and then proceed to the checkout section where they can choose the payment method and proceed with the purchase. Stripe allowed us to flawlessly integrate the payment procedure into our e-commerce template and logic.
  • Responsiveness.
  • Easiness of use.
  • Variety of allowed payment methods.
  • Data validation.
  • Difficult dispute handling.
It's great for simple sites and small e-commerces, while I noticed it was harder to handle in bigger websites with shared carts.
We use it as a payment gateway for a number of our customer's websites, nice and easy to install with very few problems. Easy to use for our customers and they don't need any programming or coding knowledge to use it. It saves our customers having to set up payment gateways on their websites.
  • Ease of installation.
  • Ease of use.
  • Customers don't need to set it up themselves.
  • Stripe server issues.
  • Speedier resolutions of server outages.
  • Email notification of server status.
Stripe is very easy to install and very easy to use for our customers, with very little or no coding knowledge is needed for installation. Runs very happily on most websites we create. Our biggest issue is the stripe server outages, if this was resolved or the frequency dramatically reduced I would have given a 10.
Peter Micalizzi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Stripe to accept debit/credit card payments on our e-commerce website. When we first started the company in 2016, I researched different payment solutions companies and Stripe was well-reviewed and had the lowest fees. There was some initial setup but since beginning to use it there has not been any intensive workload to maintain it. One thing we have been able to do that was useful is make use of smart payment options like Google Pay and Apple Pay. There were some initial hoops to jump through to set up but again, it works more or less autonomously after that.
  • Card payments.
  • Details on payment failures.
  • Integration and development.
  • Fees
  • Documentation
  • Prepackaged solutions.
  • Disputes
  • Security with notifications.
Stripe is a very modern payment solutions company and as such, implementing some of their utilities can be somewhat complicated. When you are looking to use them to accept payments on your Wordpress website like I was, it's very easy to set up and maintain. If you want to do anything else that is not in a content management system, you should have strong development and coding background. They have some additional offerings that extend functionality like tools to manage subscriptions but I have found that everything outside of the basic primary functions offered requires a higher degree of knowledge with coding and development and may not offer enough value to pursue the general public.
Alyssa Kuhn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe helps me to allow for online sales, online memberships, and invoices to customers for various products and services within my business. It allows for easy transactions and does stores cards for easy access to recurring invoices for returning customers. Before, I was using different software for invoicing and PayPal for online payments but this software out them into one.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Stores cards to easily use again for return charges.
  • Notifies you of sales.
  • Allows for multiple payment types- invoices, recurring, online sales.
  • Delayed payouts.
  • Fees are a little higher than some other platforms.
  • If a recurring payment fails- they don’t notify me.
It is easy to use especially when starting up an online business. I can keep all of my products and different charges housed in there for ease of access. The fees are a bit higher and it does not notify you if recurring payments fail which can be a problem if not regularly logging into the software. The payouts are delayed so if you want money immediately into your account after a sale- this is not the platform for you.
We operate a Shopify eCommerce site and Stripe is one of our payment gateways for this. We required a relatively cost-effective and simple method for capturing payments and, as Stripe is recommended by several other Shopify users, we chose this. We have the other standard methods (Shopify payments and PayPal) and Stripe compliments these nicely and doesn't cause us any problems.
  • It's integration with Shopify makes payments very simple.
  • It works nicely in the background.
  • Payments are received swiftly and forwarded in a timely fashion.
  • More customisation for the cart without the need for developer work would be nice.
  • Lower fees.
If you want to keep your payments via Shopify simple, Stripe is very useful. I have no opinion of its use as a standalone product. The fees could be lower but, as Shopify will be taking its slice of the pie, it is to be expected.
March 22, 2022

Stripe it!

Stripe can make all payment integrations easier and simplify the complexity of understanding how each payment provider works. Being able to standardize flows and integrate with other 'plug and play components, as well as automate several tasks that many startups are not able to perform or have the knowledge to do, is clearly a major advantage of such payment gateways.
  • Standardize payment flows.
  • Integrate with other components.
  • Automate processes.
  • Ability to troubleshoot issues.
  • Notification detailed issues.
  • Support to startups in a co-risk model.
Angel RIBO - The CEO Confidant | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Stripe as the payment method for several of our websites for 5 years now. Stripe is very easy to use, we can very easily embed it on our websites, and the support that we have received when needed has been really good. On top of that, we love it that their app works really well, and we are always informed of what is going on with the financial transactions on our websites with no delays. I recommend everyone to use Stripe.
  • Customer Support
  • Integration with websites
  • Keep all aps informed in different devices and platforms
  • The % that they keep per transaction could be lower
  • They make you wait for a month to get your money
It is a no-brainer to use Stripe. If you have an asset online, and you need to get payments from your audience, Stripe is extremely easy to use and configure and integrate into your website. It gives you the certainty that you will be easily getting the money from the people that make a purchasing decision of your products or your services. That security that you need to offer to your clients and their transactions when they trust you with their Credit Card information, is totally guaranteed by Stripe.

I have not run into any circumstances in which I could not use Stripe or I could not recommend it. It is an industry-standard really.