Quick Base is Key in Company Communication and Data Review
Updated April 27, 2018
Quick Base is Key in Company Communication and Data Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Quick Base
Quick Base is currently being used by multiple departments in the company for different use cases, from tracking marketing activities and budget, sales opportunities, and our main CMS. Quick Base allows us to customize the system to our culture and processes and is fast and easy to update when new processes are in place.
- Easy to build fields and forms for a customized user experience, based on their role.
- Ability to create conditions to streamline and automate complex processes.
- There are so many options to create reports, which is useful to only share the information a group needs to view, instead of having them sift through a huge report.
- Additional functionality in the Dynamic Form Rules to include the ability to create an action or condition based on if a date falls into a quarter or year, instead of an actual date.
- Ability to colorize/highlight Sections and/or individual fields to correspond with internal processes or to call out a field even more that is required.
- We hide tables to simplify the navigation, however, we still need access to reports based on that table. Would be helpful if there was a master report section that accessed all reports available to that role, even if a table is hidden.
With Quick Base, we are able to change fields and form layouts on the fly. This is beneficial in streamlining workflows to how our team is using Quick Base today. With this flexibility, we can change it again months or years from now and not lose any data due to those updates. We also have an archival history for customers we've had for years or marketing events, which helps us create better sales processes or decision on our marketing spend.
Not applicable. I have not used any other programs that compare to Quick Base.
It is easy to set up an app for non-technical developers, as long as you have a strong App Diagram of how your app will be structured. I feel where app builders run into issues is when this vision is not clear, so they have to go back and rework table-to-table relationships or need to recreate or change a field type to get the data output required.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
We have, but we keep moving the bar when we learn about what more Quick Base can do. We are now exploring how to integrate the other programs we use across the company into Quick Base to help us automate ever more processes and create a central hub of company information that can be accessed by management. This will be a huge step into streamlining communication and give our management team a quick snapshot of how all areas of the company are doing. This will also give them the data to be able to make decisions quicker, instead of waiting until month-end or quarter-end reports are submitted.
We are continually updating one of apps to streamline and simplify the process for our teams to input information, and also update what information is now needed. Working in an ever evolving industry, Quick Base makes it easy to make those changes, and not lose historical data. On the Marketing side, we've changed how we report expenses so it will line up with our finance departments tracking. This has been huge in verifying spend and ensuring it is coded correctly in both departments.
Quick Base is a great tool if you have clear and defined processes in place before you build your app and table structures. If you use multiple third-party programs, create a plan to integrate them into Quick Base, so you have one "portal" to view all data across the company.
Using Quick Base
70 - Our user base is across the company, from Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Finance. We are in the planning phase to expand it to other departments.
4 - The in-house support skill set is from beginner to intermediate. This team works together to verify what changes need to be made and for most edits, the internal team is able to make those happen.
- Tracking sales and customer information
- Project and budget management for Marketing
- Tracking certifications
- Creation of dashboards for visibility into data across the realm
- Create P/L reports for the Finance department to review at anytime
- Connect Sales and Marketing apps for cross-relationship reporting
- Track documentation requests to execution
- Integration with 3rd party platforms that other departments use to streamline data flow and communication
- Build our own project management system that is tailored to our processes, instead of using a 3rd party application
- Create a customer portal
- It has simplified reporting to only the data needed for certain roles
- Ability to search historical data to help in future decision making
Evaluating Quick Base and Competitors
Yes - ConnectWise. That program did not have the flexibility management needed for the type of data and reports they wanted.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
I cannot, as I was not involved with that process.
Quick Base Implementation
I was not directly involved with the initial account implementation, only a bystander. For the app I directly implemented for my department only, I wish I had know to create an app diagram first. I don't remember if that was suggested. I think that would be a great help tip tool when a new app is created, to have a page with a check list of what is needed or how to get started. If you are a regular app builder, then you can bypass it or have the ability to turn it off in the app settings.
Quick Base Support
The support team is very knowledgeable and are willing to help you in any way they can. Due to internal processes, I am unable to share out apps with them, which I know can be a hinderance to them finding a solution, but they never say no and do the best they can to get you an answer or a direction to try.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Every time I submit a support ticket and when I was at Empower last year. At Empower, I had a few moments between sessions and asked if they had any openings. They didn't, but one of the reps overheard my question and offered to help me until his next appointment arrived. We quickly when through my questions and he set up a test app with the functionality I was inquiring about, so I could reference when I was back in the office. It was very helpful and truly appreciated!
Using Quick Base
Due to the learning curve to create complex rules or functions to get desired results, which I understand is an advanced usage issue. On a normal usage level, the platform is great!
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Adding fields
- Creating table-to-table relationship or cross-relationships
- Creating reports
- Dynamic Form Rules: Unable to create the conditions and actions needed, or the logic is different than what you thought to make it happen
- Ability to manage reports by user (i.e. review reports - public and private - created by a former employee to verify it is still needed)
- Creating complex formulas to get desired data