InsideSalesBox is a sales acceleration tool from Ameyo, with features for sales email tracking, one-click dialing, and lead management.
Sales Email Tracking Tools
Best Sales Email Tracking Tools
- Top Rated Sales Email Tracking Tools include: Streak, Conversica, Outreach, Groove, SalesLoft, Drift, and HubSpot Sales.
- Other Sales Email Tracking Tools on the TrustMap include: Yesware, SalesforceIQ Inbox, InsideSales.com Predictive Playbooks, InsideSales.com Predictive PowerDialer, ToutApp, and Cirrus Insight.
- A complete list of Sales Email Tracking Tools is available here.
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on satisfaction ratings and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap, and those above the median line are considered Top Rated.
Sales Email Tracking Tools Overview
What is Sales Email Tracking Software?
Sales email tracking software places a tiny 1x1 image pixel in sent messages (not visible to the naked eye). This pixel provides information to the sender about when and where and when an email is opened, how many times it is opened, on what type of device, etc. Basic tools track individual emails and alert users when an email is opened. The resulting intelligence is similar to “read receipts” (available through Gmail), except that sale email tracking software requires no action on the part of the recipient—and often the recipient is unaware that any tracking has taken place.
More advanced tools integrate with users’ CRM systems and allow users to automate follow-up messages and schedule emails to send later. In addition, they may be able to track recipients’ engagement with email attachments, links, and presentations, and may be able to report on aggregate email tracking results and analyze trends or make recommendations. When attached to a contact or account CRM record, sales email tracking results may provide activity-based sales intelligence around prospects’ interests and engagement history.
In general, sales email tracking software is very easy to use. However, because the software uses an image pixel as the basis for tracking, if recipients have images blocked, require image display permissions, or are using plain-text email, the sender will not be able to track activity on that email. Also, users have reported issues with the accuracy of email tracking; though this is a concern across the category, many still feel that email tracking tools are a valuable asset for sales. Note that tracking forwarded and copied emails is another pain point for the category as a whole.
Email Tracking & Privacy: Are All Emails Tracked?
Users can choose whether to track an email—not all emails have to be tracked—but products handle this choice differently. The most rudimentary sales email tracking software requires users to add the provider’s name to the email address to any email they want to track, routing the email through the provider’s server. This is the case with GetNotify, DidTheyReadIt, and WhoReadMe. (Note that users of these services sometimes have issues with deliverability.)
With most of the leading products, which are email client apps or browser extensions, users push a button or check a box to determine tracking. Some email tracking products are opt-in, while others are opt-out. For example, with Sidekick there is a checkbox at the top of every email, and users can click to un-check the box if they do not want the email to be tracked. Like Sidekick, Yesware also uses a tracking checkbox, but users must proactively check the box to track an email (the default is not to track).
Although email tracking has raised privacy/security concerns in the consumer marketplace, tools like docTrackr actually pair tracking with security features like email encryption, remote destruction, and attachment printing oversight.
Free Email Tracking Software
Some of the simple email and link tracking tools, like MailTrack, are available free. Other popular tools, including Sidekick, Yesware and Streak, have a free plan with a limited number of emails that can be tracked per month and limited features available for free. Paid sales email tracking plans range from $7-$120 per user per month; most cost under $50. Many sales email tracking vendors offer a 14-30 day free trial.
Sales Email Tracking vs. Email Marketing & Marketing Automation
There are key differences between sales email tracking software and email marketing/marketing automation tools (which also allow users to do things like schedule emails, use email templates, track prospect engagement, etc.). Dimensions where sales and marketing email tools commonly differ:
- Email creation: Whereas users send marketing emails through the email marketing or MA platform, sales email tracking tools live in users’ inboxes. The leading sales email tracking tools work through the email clients (usually Gmail or Outlook) that salespeople already use, rather than through the vendor’s server.
- Adoption by individual users: While platforms like marketing automation are likely to be adopted organization or at least team-wide, sales email tracking tools are usually adopted by individual salespeople. Accordingly, pricing for most paid plans is per user per month.
- Type of email, templates, & personalization: Marketing emails are typically one-to-many communications, whereas sales communications are more often one-to-one and need to personal and specific. Although some marketing email tools have advanced/automated personalization features, sales email personalization is often more manual.
- Cadence & campaigns: Sales email tracking tools may support sorting emails and optionally scheduled phone calls where an autodialer is present through desired cadences which in turn may be sorted into various campaigns; but generally the cadence is the focus, with the goal of maintaining well-timed lead touches, avoiding dropped leads, and progressing leads through the steps of a cadence without fail. Additionally emails may be scheduled and fired in bulk, though usually with reference to a manual trigger fired by an individual salesperson.
- Autodialer & lead tracking: Because email tracking tools emphasize feedback for an individual business development rep or salesperson, many tools now include autodialers to bring lead management and outreach under one umbrella. Calls may also be organized into cadences and optimized (or at least presented to the salesperson in a logical sequence) to maximize efficiency and ensure daily outreach benchmarks are met. Sales actions may be managed from the lead view or from a view of the cadence, allowing sales and business development representatives to send emails or also make phone calls via the autodialer, and also allow them judge their progress to completion accurately and from an easy to manage to console.
- Reporting: Sales email tracking software reports on metrics for individual emails, like when and how many times an email was opened, and sometimes on aggregate metrics like what time of day emails are most often opened or which email templates have the highest engagement. Marketing email tools may report on similar details, but many go beyond basic tracking metrics with campaign attribution reporting and more advanced engagement analytics. Also, in terms of report (in)accuracy, marketers are generally more concerned with consistency—if the software makes errors, they should be consistent so that campaigns can be effectively compared—versus salespeople’s concern with the type of error—does the software say an email has been opened when it hasn’t been, or does the software fail to notify me about an email that has been opened?
- Integrations: CRM integration is important for both sales email tracking software and marketing email software (although not all products, especially basic products in either category, offer pre-built CRM integration). However, email marketing and marketing automation platforms may also integrate with CMSs, content marketing, account-based marketing, predictive sales analytics, web analytics, eCommerce, and kinds of other software.
Sales Email Tracking Software Features & Capabilities
Although some email tracking apps provide only basic metrics and require users to route emails through their servers, here are some of the additional features and capabilities provided by more robust solutions:
- Gmail compatible: The sales email tracking software works with the user’s Gmail account.
- Outlook compatible: The sales email tracking software works with the user’s Outlook account.
- Sales email tracking integration to Salesforce: Contact email activity is synced to Salesforce, so that emails are logged within CRM records. Information from the CRM database (such as contact history) is available within the user’s email inbox in a sidebar.
- Basic sales email tracking metrics: Provides accurate tracking for opens, reads, clickthroughs, etc.
- Sales email engagement tracking: Users can track sales email content engagement at a more granular level, such as how long readers spent looking at attachments or particular slides in presentations.
- Email templates: Users can set up and customize reusable email templates.
- Sales email cadence: Plan and organize campaigns around desired intervals including steps of various kinds (e.g. email alternating with scheduled phone call).
- Cadence progression automation: Automate progression of leads through cadences based on response rules (e.g. stop cadence if lead responds).
- Campaign management: Sort templates, plans, leads, or cadences into campaigns.
- Mail merge: Users can send semi-personalized mass emails using CSV spreadsheets and email templates.
- A/B sales email testing: Includes A/B testing for sales email templates, subject lines, etc.
- Sales email reports: Includes individual and/or team reports on sales email metrics.
- Sales email recommendations: The tool makes recommendations about next steps, which template to use, etc. based on email engagement activity and other sales intelligence.
- Sales email scheduling: Users can schedule emails to be sent later.
- Sales email automation: Allows users to set up automatic follow-up messages.
- Follow-up reminders: Users can resend emails to themselves (appear at top of inbox) or schedule reminders to follow up on certain emails.
- Click-to-call: Users can call a contact from within the context of an email/contact record via this tool.
Sales Email Tracking Products
Listings (26-45 of 45)
LiveHive is a sales intelligence software solution offered by LiveHive.
JungleMail is a group newsletter and email solution built specifically to integrate with SharePoint. The vendor says JungleMail can be used for:Sending newsletters to SharePoint list recipients with open rate and link click analysisSending group emails to Active Directory security & distribut...
Zendio is a Microsoft Outlook plugin with email tracking, link tracking, email analytics, and custom stationary functionality. Zendio is provided by XL Technologies. Zendio is secure and easy to use--tracking happens automatically, and emails do not pass through Zendio servers and are never stored.
LinkPoint Connect promises to streamline data entry and access by enabling users to instantly view CRM data within their email client. This sales intelligence solution integrates Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM data in Outlook or IBM Notes.According to the vendor, key capabilities include:...
SalesExec is lead management software built specifically for sales teams and call centers. This solution aims to help users close more leads by providing the ability to follow up with leads quickly and efficiently.
Grace aims to take manual CRM data entry off sales team's shoulders. Grace integrates with sales reps’ email, calendar and sales tools and applies machine learning algorithms and custom triggers to keep CRM up-to-date for them -- all while ensuring that the CRM is filled with the timely, complete...
Gammadyne Mailer is software that is designed to automate a business's email marketing. It can send personalized email campaigns and process virtually any type of incoming email. The vendor’s value proposition is that this software is carefully crafted to achieve the highest delivery rate, and ...
If No Reply aims to make email automation simple and personal right from the user's Gmail. If No Reply lets users schedule follow-up emails that are only sent if they don't hear back from a contact. The vendor says this is designed to help users save time and convert more prospects. If No Reply c...
Komiko aims to seamlessly keep a user's CRM up-to-date and data rich by accessing directly their email server. No data entry! All activities will be updated and associated to the right accounts, contacts, opportunities and leads. Any new contact and leads will be discovered and added to the CRM.K...
NetHunt CRM allows users to turn their Gmail inbox into an affordable CRM for small business. NetHunt provides users with a simple and customizable customer relationship management system to control business activities without leaving their inbox. Users can manage sales pipelines, answer support...
Intelliverse Email Tracker enables users to see when an email has been opened, where it was opened and on what device. Users receive real-time notifications when emails are opened. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution provides insider info on the best time to engage with a prospe...
Opensense (formerly SenderGen's) email signature management and analytics suite for Office 365 and G-Suite allows Marketing and Sales teams to: 1) Centrally manage the look & feel of their email signature branding. 2) Insert real-time personalized banners and promotions into the signature, w...
Saleswhale is an AI sales assistant tool that qualifies leads via email (Gmail or Outlook) and then books meetings with qualified leads on behalf of sales reps. The automated sales assistant can answer frequently asked questions, send file attachments, etc., try to schedule a call, and then hand ...
EmailGreen is a web-based application that enables business owners to organize their contacts in the EmailGreen CRM, create customized email marketing campaigns, incorporate mobile marketing into their strategy, engage in social media, and much more using the EmailGreen platform.The vendor says n...
LiiD is a mobile app that automatically logs client contacts such as calls and emails into Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Rather than manually entering data, LiiD instantly matches the number or email to the relevant contact in CRM and automatically logs the event. The vendor’s value propo...
TruCadence is a personalized sales cadence tool and is designed to help sales reps systematically engage leads across multiple communication modes, including phone, email, and social media. The product aims to help reps personalize their outreach, and increase productivity. According to the ven...
Email management for growing businessesOutpost makes it easy to track, organize, and coordinate responses to customer emails. Never miss a message or duplicate a responseSee when team members respond to any email in any shared inbox. This prevents two people from replying to the same message.Spen...