Built for Teams
Built for Teams
Return to navigation
Built for Teams is an HRIS solution that is designed for small and mid-sized businesses. The vendor’s value proposition is that their employee self-service capabilities help to offload work from valuable HR managers while giving employees direct access to important...Read more
Read all reviews
I sometimes teach our customers to use various software platforms and have used this software to help update and edit org charts, …
The platform is great as it helps the users in accessing the tools for submitting requests for time off, and it also helps them to keep …
We use Built for Teams to manage our PTO across the entire company. Before BFT our time off was requested through email and managers had …
We use it to put in for vacation days and used it for booking time in the office during COVID. We also use it for our reviews of our team …
We use Built for Teams to primarily track sick and vacation time for our non-attorney employees. In addition, I use it to track employee …
Due to the vast area that the organization covers, we needed a platform that really helped us track all the PTO, vacation, and attendance …
We use this across our organization to help fill the gaps that our PEO software is missing. The customization that is available in the PTO …
Built for Teams is an easy use service that tracks my PTO and sick days and includes summary info about my employment tenure such as hire …
- Job profiles and administration (6)9.393%
- Organizational charting (6)9.090%
- Employee demographic data (6)8.585%
- Approval workflow (6)8.383%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Built for Teams, and make your voice heard!
Return to navigation
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.builtforteams.com/pricing
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Return to navigation
Built for teams
Return to navigation
Return to navigation
- Tech Details
Built for Teams is an HRIS solution that is designed for small and mid-sized businesses. The vendor’s value proposition is that their employee self-service capabilities help to offload work from valuable HR managers while giving employees direct access to important information. Additionally, the vendor says customers select their solution due to the intuitive user interface and their excellent customer service.
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Asset issue and transfer management
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
Overview of Built for Teams organizational software
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
Return to navigation
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
I sometimes teach our customers to use various software platforms and have used this software to help update and edit org charts, relationship documentation, and management succession plans. I did not purchase nor recommend this one for purchase, but have used it for several companies to assist them in creating their documentation.
- Ability to align budget with position
- graphics creating
- was easy to learn - I had no formal class in it and figured it out quickly
- wish it had a broader scope of applications
- online help can be iffy
To create management documentation, such as responsibility pathways, org charts, and especially if you need to track budgeting and expenditures with those positions, this is a great choice of software. New hires can be given a document with photos embedded to help them learn their new colleagues names and positions quickly.
The platform is great as it helps the users in accessing the tools for submitting requests for time off, and it also helps them to keep track of what earned time off they have used up. It also helps them to get my requests approved easily. Great for accounting for the personal schedules of users.
- Helps in viewing PTOs or vacations.
- Helps in scheduling time of working hours of the user.
- It provides customizable reports and employee records quickly.
- No option to organize.
- Old documents from past years which creates confusion.
- There might be option to sync calendars from other platforms also like google.
- The user can't allocate time on a sheet for a particular project.
The platform is great with the easy interface it has. For new users, it's quite easy to learn, use and understand. Even its modular construction helps the user to pay for only what they need. I feel that for a small organization, this platform is great. I felt that the calendar could have some more options to add some activities as per the need of the employees and awareness.
We use Built for Teams to manage our PTO across the entire company. Before BFT our time off was requested through email and managers had to manually add people to the out-of-office calendar, which was a real pain in the toot. I was once called by my very concerned manager whilst I was on vacation, who was asking if I was alright (because he hadn't seen me in a few days and the calendar hadn't been updated). He'd forgotten that I'd asked him for the time off a few weeks prior. BFT solved issues like those.
- Requesting and managing PTO requests
- Automatically updates company calendars
- Non-intrusive way to request time off from managers
- Integration into Slack
- Integration into ClickUp
Built for Teams is great for managing and requesting paid time off. The integration into google calendar is very helpful and makes it easy to see who is going to be out of the office.
We use it to put in for vacation days and used it for booking time in the office during COVID. We also use it for our reviews of our team and ask for an evaluation. It is used across the organization by all employees. It addresses the problems of having a customizable easy to use review form.
- Books vacation
- Allows mobile and desktop access
- Few options, simple
- Logging in between mobile and desktop are confusing
Good for booking vacation, also good for reviews. Hard to distinguish when using it for multiple things. it works for both self-evaluation and team reviews. We don’t use the milestone and goal tracking which might be useful to some but is overkill for our needs. The program is useful because it works on mobile and desktop
We use Built for Teams to primarily track sick and vacation time for our non-attorney employees. In addition, I use it to track employee information (telephone, address, birthdays, anniversary & emergency contact info) for all employees. It allows me to have all this info at my fingertips. The primary reason for going with Built for Teams was how incredibly easy the software/services make it to compute our PTO accruals, and the reports make it very easy to see who will be out any given day.
- Managing PTO (sick and vacation)
- Tracking firm demographic information
- Ensuring that we have plenty of staff in the office each day
- Employees get easy to use access to all of their time off data
- Log files would be nice to see all changes made to accounts
If you are managing PTO for numerous employees, this program is the best. It is easy to read, easy to use and easy to maintain. The app is especially nice for our employees to check balances and to put in requests for time off from the road. There are probably more robust software solutions for extremely large organizations, but I really think the Built for Teams is one of the best out there.
Due to the vast area that the organization covers, we needed a platform that really helped us track all the PTO, vacation, and attendance issues. Built for Teams was the best solution that we were able to find. This was easy to use and very affordable. It's easy to manage, and best of all easy to follow through and keep track of all the PTO, vacations, and corporate approval that were awarded. The real-time notification was amazing.
- It really works well with big teams that are spread out over a geographic region.
- Can be easily synced with the Outlook calendar, and maintains a record of hierarchy.
- Both desktop and mobile apps are very easy to use and follow.
- The process flow is very simple and easy to comprehend.
- Reporting can be more robust.
- More user control and real-time communication via the app would be helpful.
- A better online calendar layout could be more efficient, but the current one is sufficient as well.
Built for Teams, in my opinion, is suited for all sizes of organizations. It is easy to work with and control. If you need a one-stop shop to manage, review, and control company time-off policies and vacation requests without the hassle of paperwork, this is the best solution. This really works well with people that are on salary. Hourly team members can also be loaded, but it gets a little more complicated but not difficult. It is also very easy to organize the days off, as you can see others who have requested off and can help make decisions faster who/when/where should get requested time off based on company needs.
We use this across our organization to help fill the gaps that our PEO software is missing. The customization that is available in the PTO schedule and the online requests and changes work great for us.
- The ability to create PTO plans that match our policies versus changing our policy to match the software was phenomenal.
- Having quick, easy to access HR information saves us time.
- The calendar view is an easy way to see who is in, who is off, and any milestones.
- Our biggest problem has been integration with other packages. We still have to create or delete users in other systems. It would be nice to have automated integrations with those systems.
Built for Teams is a great package for any small to medium-sized business regardless of type.
Built for Teams is an easy use service that tracks my PTO and sick days and includes summary info about my employment tenure such as hire date and years I've been at the company. I find it useful and have had no issues. We use it across our company for a variety of purposes, including job opening announcements.
- PTO tracking
- Job opening announcements
- Job summary information
- I think it is great as is!
Perfect for allowing employees to track their paid time off and sick days. Useful for providing job summaries, explanation of benefits. We don't use it for tracking compensation, but it could be used for that purpose. We also post job announcements on the platform which is useful for me to see what kinds of jobs we are hiring for.