- Employment history (8)8.181%
- Employee demographic data (8)8.181%
- Balance details (8)7.272%
- Approval workflow (8)6.363%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Sage HR, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $5.50 per month
According to the vendor, key differentiators include:
1. Easy to use
2. Modular functionality
2. Automates the end-to-end HR process
3. There's a mobile app (iOS & Android)
5. Feature set that will meet the needs of users
Sage HR targets small-to-medium businesses that want to automate their HR process while engaging their employees. Sage HR is cloud based and offers remote access.
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Support for external payroll vendors
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Employee recognition
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Asset issue and transfer management
- Supported: Asset return
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Shift Scheduling
- Supported: Timesheets
- Supported: Expenses
- Supported: Leave Management
- Supported: Recruitment
- Supported: Core HR
- Supported: Mobile HR
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||70%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||0%|
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Samsung Knox|
|Supported Languages||English, Arabic, Armenian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, French, Georgian, German, Hebrew, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Thai|
- Customization of Templates and Dashboards
- On-going Employee Performance Tracking
- Compensation/Timecard Management
- Updating information in a central location that implements changes across whole system.
- Custom reporting and history
- Time off policies tracking and management
- Employee reviews/goal setting
- time management
- document management
- Shared document access
- time tracking
- Leave tracking.
- Time off policies are clear and transparent.
- The review process functionality was extremely easy to use.
- Support is outstanding . If you ever run into an issue they are always available to help.
- Onboarding document control is really easy to manage and stays consistent with a growing company.
- A few more override features for time off. For example, I would like certain people to get notified of PTO. CakeHR can't do this currently. So I had to grant authority to approve, which gave my admin the ability to see the email of approval.
- Day Off Requests
- Management Approvals
- Setting up unique holidays can be a little confusing
- Setting specific profiles for employees is a little tricky
This system allows for a good deal of employee self-service through the desktop and mobile apps and speeds up their onboarding/removes the associated HR admin so we can focus on the person rather than the papers.
- Employee self service - the apps and desktops GUIs are very intuitive.
- Leave management - this manages itself through the app and system, saves lots of admin.
- Customization - you can tailor the system more and more to suit your specific needs.
- Updates and Customer Service - the CakeHR team gave dedicated a lot of time to bring out weekly updates and systems improvements which shows they are dedicated to making this a great product - the fact that they were bought by Se recently is also testament to their ongoing mission.
- Only minor tweaks to the functionality that they have queued to implement anyway.
- The recipe functionality can be improved as some of the functions are still a bit buggy.
It could be used for bigger enterprises but depends on the features big firms would want - cakeHR is still growing and now with Sage, I think they will be able to target the big firms.
- It's easy to find when dates previously booked are accepted/denied.
- It generates the acceptance of time requested off.
- CakeHR can be requested to remove time off as well.
- Calendar could be offered in a larger view by week
- Requesting time and accepting it would be great if linked with our own calendar Bookeo
- Super easy and usable system.
- Great customer service; listens to feedback and does something with it, answers really quickly.
- A good overview per team for managers.
- An app available for every employee to quickly arrange a request.
- Not all features for an HR system are available in CakeHR, but they are working on it to improve and expand
- Amazing customer service. Questions have been answered fast and product updates were even made based on feedback.
- Requesting time off interface is nice for employees and managers. There is also a native mobile app available too.
- Priced very reasonably.
- Some features available in other HR products have not been available in Cake in the past (Performance, ATS), however, these are being rolled out now.
- The user experience for the Admin interface is not completely intuitive.
- Overall look and feel could be updated one day.